Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• I am delighted to welcome the exciting winger Michail Antonio to West Ham United. dg #WelcomeMichail pic.twitter.com/TFaAfzZk7x

— David Gold (@davidgold) September 1, 2015
  • No transfers expected at #cafc before window closes. Powder will be kept dry for when loans become an option again.

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) September 1, 2015

No surprise there then....another non-event down at Sparrows Lane
  • I am delighted to welcome the exciting winger Michail Antonio to West Ham United. dg #WelcomeMichail pic.twitter.com/TFaAfzZk7x

— David Gold (@davidgold) September 1, 2015

Rules out Henry then unless we loan him.
  • We obviously haven't learned from last season about depth in the squad.

Same crap came out last season about the loan window and we didn't use it!
  • if true then big mistake imo.........really need a striker & left sided winger plus back up tight back. If Watt & Big Mac don't recover in time we are sooo short up front. Also have a thin squad in any case - we cant rely on the type of bench we've had in recent games.....sorry, but the likes of lennon, kennedy, Charles-Cook & Muldoon are up to it at the moment.
  • ahh well, thats that then for this transfer window.

Shame because we could potentially hit the play offs with a couple of additions.

Same old Charlton
  • I guess it'll be the same story that we were working hard to get 2 deals done but couldn't get them over the line in time.
    I understand peoples frustrations when even GL himself said our squad is not complete yet, we want maybe 1 or 2 more coming in and then he would answer the question he has been asked on a few occasions about his 'target' for this season. I guess because it looks as though we aren't getting these extra bodies (unless we sign them in the next 105 minutes) he wont be able to answer that question.
  • who will be the 2 we missed out on this year?

Last year it was Bent and Ruiz
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP this thread.
  • I think our good start has shot us in the foot. Rd has looked at our performances and thought "great, no more investment in the team needed there". I mean, in his mind why pay wages of footballers and pay transfer fees when they wouldn't get into the squad? Or will push players performing out? Remember he is not a football man. Electronics are all about efficiency, the cheaper and more efficient (better results for less spend) the better. Unfortunately this logic doesn't really extend to human beings...
  • We've had quite a busy transfer window haven't we?
  • RIP this thread.

My finest moment on CL
  • cafc4life said:

Pisses me off how the club say we need 2 players more,then to 1 to then eventually signing no one! Gonna be same situation as last year ,2/3 decent players from competing when actually if we went that little extra like every other club is doing , we'd be in with a big chance . and people can say oh we've made decent signings already but we all know we have a weak squad, exactly the same as last year . Annoyed TBH

Let's be honest, since we were relegated from the PL, how many exciting windows have there been for us, let alone exciting deadline days? I make it two - the SCP rebuild in L1 and this one is second best one (relative to our league status), imo. That's 2 out of 18 (or thereabouts). We should be used to it by now.
  • Good.
    Slam the buggering window shut and lets play the hand we've been dealt.
  • edited September 2015
    Yes we've done good business this window, no one is questioning that but we've also lost Gomez, Bulot, Bikey, Ben Haim and Harriott. We are clearly in desperate need of at least a winger. We're already starting to suffer from a few injuries and haven't got the squad to cope. I agree with @J BLOCK , with one or two more additions and a bit of depth for the season we could be genuine playoff contenders.
  • I'd be a lot happier about the lack of business today if we didn't have a thin squad and a few players injured. Just seems a little strange that we released Bikey and Harriot now, when we could have done this just after the window closed.
  • Why is everyone so against loans and free's? Pretty positive we'll still sign Pennant once the window closes so that's the winger settled. If Guy can find a could youth player to loan in at RB then we'll be fine. We don't need anyone huge. We just need bodies
  • Sponsored links:

• surprised we haven't heard from Jonny Jackson today...........he's normally good for a tweet or two about who is at Sparrows lane atm

Still sobering up after the team bonding event
  • If you are buying on the last day of the window, most likely you are panic buying or overspending.

We could do with a couple of players but that can be done when the loan window opens - especially when you see how many extra players will be surplus at top clubs
  • Scary. So who will replace Luzon at Christmas?

• Our permanent squad is fine, at most 1 or 2 players short. You don't sign another striker to cope with a short term situation with FOUR strikers injured.

The mistake last season was not to get any decent loan signings last autumn, that was when we needed additional bodies.

Last January's window was a damp squib, but we then signed Johnson, Eagles and Diarra, and went on a good run.
  • Our permanent squad is fine, at most 1 or 2 players short. You don't sign another striker to cope with a short term situation with FOUR strikers injured.

The mistake last season was not to get any decent loan signings last autumn, that was when we needed additional bodies.

Last January's window was a damp squib, but we then signed Johnson, Eagles and Diarra, and went on a good run.

Not to moan but shouldn't we now be aiming to do more than just go on a good run towards the end of each season? Why should the playoffs not be a realistic target?
  • Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko 5m5 minutes ago
    Kermogant does not fancy moving north ... blow to Sheff Wed and maybe Huddersfield. Could both be caught short for time being.
  • Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko 5m5 minutes ago
    Kermogant does not fancy moving north ... blow to Sheff Wed and maybe Huddersfield. Could both be caught short for time being.

Fulham it is then.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!