Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Thomas playing for Woking today (or at least they have a player called Thomas in their line up)

2 - 0 up and heading for top three.
  • Richard Cawley tweeted me saying we don't have any deals close to being done, happy days.
  • I have no problem with SLP but tend to put more stock in what Ketts says.
  • mart77 said:

I have no problem with SLP but tend to put more stock in what Ketts says.

What has he said?
  • We've done most of our shopping this summer, we've got the loo rolls, dishwasher tablets, and HP sauce, a few more dusters and a bit of pledge polish would be nice, but not entirely necessary.
  • He says we're still working on deals and ties in with what I've heard. Also Ketts' article listed all of today's happenings before they were announced. Still think we'll see too in tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!
  • HITC Sport understands Wolverhampton Wanderers, Preston North End and Charlton Athletic are chasing Norwich City midfielder Elliott Bennett on loan.

Norwich City midfielder Elliott Bennett is a loan target for several Championship clubs in a beat-the-deadline move.

Bennett has found himself down the pecking order in Alex Neill's first-team plans with his only appearance coming off the bench for a late cameo in the Capital One Cup win over Rotherham United.

Norwich are thought to be happy to loan out Bennett so that he can regular first-team football under his belt.

Bennett enjoyed a two-month spell out on loan at former club Brighton & Hove Albion last season, making seven appearances during his stint at the Amex Stadium.

The 26-year-old returned to Norwich after his loan spell and helped the club secure promotion to the Premier League.

Wolves, where Bennett started his career, Preston and Charlton are thought to have been alerted to Bennett's possible availability and have expressed an interest in signing the player on loan.

Bennett, who can play at right-back, has a wealth of experience having played over 250 senior games in his career and the player is keen to be playing regular first-team this season.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/31/por-championship-chase-on-for-norwich-midfielder-bennett/
  • Paterson May prefer to stay up north
  • Sponsored links:

• mart77 said:

I have no problem with SLP but tend to put more stock in what Ketts says.

Is this Ketts, different gravy ?

Oh no, surely McOxo isn't coming back?!
  • HITC Sport understands Wolverhampton Wanderers, Preston North End and Charlton Athletic are chasing Norwich City midfielder Elliott Bennett on loan.

Norwich City midfielder Elliott Bennett is a loan target for several Championship clubs in a beat-the-deadline move.

Bennett has found himself down the pecking order in Alex Neill's first-team plans with his only appearance coming off the bench for a late cameo in the Capital One Cup win over Rotherham United.

Norwich are thought to be happy to loan out Bennett so that he can regular first-team football under his belt.

Bennett enjoyed a two-month spell out on loan at former club Brighton & Hove Albion last season, making seven appearances during his stint at the Amex Stadium.

The 26-year-old returned to Norwich after his loan spell and helped the club secure promotion to the Premier League.

Wolves, where Bennett started his career, Preston and Charlton are thought to have been alerted to Bennett's possible availability and have expressed an interest in signing the player on loan.

Bennett, who can play at right-back, has a wealth of experience having played over 250 senior games in his career and the player is keen to be playing regular first-team this season.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/31/por-championship-chase-on-for-norwich-midfielder-bennett/

Cawley now reporting this story.
  • Elliott Bennett would be a great signing on loan.
  • There's an R Charles-Cook on the bench for Coventry tonight. Assumed it was ours on loan - turns out there's another. A keeper.
  • It is Regan's brother at Coventry
  • edited August 2015
    Reice Charles-Cook is his name. It's Regan's brother. Their other brother Anthony plays for Bromley
  • Looks like Murray going to Bournemouth. They have agreed a £5 million deal according to Sky. Any chance then of Yann coming back??
  • Looks like Murray going to Bournemouth. They have agreed a £5 million deal according to Sky. Any chance then of Yann coming back??

Yann will go to Hudders on loan
  • Any chance then of Yann coming back??

FFS! anyone who thinks that a) he will want to come back, b) RD will sanction his return and c) we would use up valuable resources on him rather than a position we actually need, need to see a shrink
  • sam3110 said:

Any chance then of Yann coming back??

FFS! anyone who thinks that a) he will want to come back, b) RD will sanction his return and c) we would use up valuable resources on him rather than a position we actually need, need to see a shrink
    Mak injured and we don't know how bad yet. Igor still not fit. No guarantee he won't break down again. KAG is 17. That leaves Tony Watt.

I think it's you that needs to see a shrink ;0)

• Sponsored links:

• My point is not if we need a target man, but the fact that Yann has GONE and WON'T be coming back, which some people need to finally realise! He wanted a better contract, we said no, he said well I'll leave if I don't get it, and RD said jog on then matey, now he's a premiership player and probably on even more, and yet people still kid themselves that he's going to come strolling back into sparrows lane.
  • Is Elliott Bennet the one who played at the advanced tip of a diamond when Brighton tore us apart at the valley a few seasons back? Think it was him and remember being very impressed with him at the time.
  • Is Elliott Bennet the one who played at the advanced tip of a diamond when Brighton tore us apart at the valley a few seasons back? Think it was him and remember being very impressed with him at the time.

Yes

Kishishev at the base, pretending to be a Busquets/Pirlo hybrid
  • Who would you rather have?
    uie2 said:

Is Elliott Bennet the one who played at the advanced tip of a diamond when Brighton tore us apart at the valley a few seasons back? Think it was him and remember being very impressed with him at the time.

Yes
    Aren't you lot thinking of Rohan Ince?
  • I thought Rohan Ince was in Lord of the Rings?
  • ^Thanks Col - nailing it as ever!
  • edited September 2015
    colin1961 said:

sam3110 said:

My point is not if we need a target man, but the fact that Yann has GONE and WON'T be coming back, which some people need to finally realise! He wanted a better contract, we said no, he said well I'll leave if I don't get it, and RD said jog on then matey, now he's a premiership player and probably on even more, and yet people still kid themselves that he's going to come strolling back into sparrows lane.

Are people really still wanting Yann back ? He had a choice to stay with us sign a new deal help us fight relegation but he not RD not KM said no ......
    Don't want him back he had his chance and turned his back on the club , teammates and the supporters
    I dont want to go over old ground especially as there is no chance hes coming back, but wasnt it reported at the time that he didnt sign because the club withdrew an earlier offer and then substituted a reduced one? If this is true I wouldnt say he turned his back on the club etc
  • Real Madrid appealing to FIFA after De Gea paperwork not submitted in time.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!