Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Igor on a plane to South Africa, doesn't look likely.
  • Getting wages off books to allow a couple of in's. Will be interesting to see who we sign.

I would think Bikey would be a settlement, so not got rid of all cost, but no point him staying if never going to play. Good for the younger players going out on loan, do we know how long for? Luzon has now got rid of players he said he did not want, Bikey, Nego, Wiggins, Harriot and Pigott, even if only temporary for some. We now have 29 1/2 hours to bring hopefully, more than one more player into the squad
  • It would be utter madness to sell Vetokele to Liege unless we had a proven goalscorer lined up.
  • So how many random rumours will be posted on here before 6pm tomorrow?

We'll get at least one rumour of a unheard of attacking player from Europe I reckon.
  • Is Belgian transfer deadline the same as ours? Germany's is 1700 tonight. I presume ours is later because of bank holiday
  • ross1 said:

Is Belgian transfer deadline the same as ours? Germany's is 1700 tonight. I presume ours is later because of bank holiday

Just answered my own question, Yes Belgian window tomorrow
  • Kevin Nolan has 1 decent season left in him at champ level.
    If he wants to play every week go back to Bolton.
    If he wants to earn anywhere near his West ham wage go to the States.
    Won't be a quarter of the wage of Lampard or Stevie G thou.

Said on Talk sport on Friday he wants to stay in London ?
    Take a massive wage drop and help on and off the field
    in a cameo role at CAFC.

Unlikely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't worry about Vetokele: SL is getting Emond Renaud (having his medical now). Belgian transfer deadline is today, no clue on the exact hour TBF.
  • High [layer churn always going to happen when you have some many changes of manager/coach.

Hopefully with the same manager for a while it won't happen as much.

Good to see Sho-Silva going to a high-ish level club. (I know Scottish Prem league is pants etc etc) but ICT are a decent side. A long way from Sth London though.

Nego, gone and we never saw you play.

Bikey = Peters player

Now we can look forward to who we sign

Those of us who were at Wigan away saw Nego play ;)
  • Poor player
  • Doesn't sound like Jamie Paterson to #cafc is a goer. Hearing that a deal is off.

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) August 31, 2015
  • edited August 2015
    ross1 said:

Is Belgian transfer deadline the same as ours? Germany's is 1700 tonight. I presume ours is later because of bank holiday

I believe that the window shuts today in Europe but 6pm tomorrow for the UK. We can still BUY players from Europe until 6pm tomorrow, but they cant buy from us after today (not sure what time though)
  • Shame. Hoping that Cawley's info is wrong as Paterson is a player I've always wanted us to bring in.

Plays wide left but cuts in on his stronger right foot. Can play in behind a target man as well. Like a right footed Johann.
  • Sense a disappointing couple of days. Hope i'm wrong!
  • Doesn't sound like Jamie Paterson to #cafc is a goer. Hearing that a deal is off.

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) August 31, 2015

As if it was ever on.
  • Sponsored links:

• There's a pecking order at every club, and the Antonia going, so Paterson will stay, is similar to every club needs.
    Losing Sako to Palace and letting Henry go to CAFC on the cheap would be madness. (unless the price is right ? it wasn't )
    This is a course and distant winner in the champ,(Henry)
    Well done to the Majority of fans who i hope have left a good impression on him,
    with the chanting of his name and Johann for sharing his water bottle and JJ for the quiet arm round the shoulder and telling him he can join the Wednesday club in Convent garden(JJ needs new members) as well as JBG Mayfair Jaunts.

• Said on Talk sport on Friday he wants to stay in London ?
    Take a massive wage drop and help on and off the field
    in a cameo role at CAFC.

Unlikely.

Sounds like a Tony Fernandes signing. Expect Nolan to join QPR on a 3 year deal 40k a week!

I'd expect atleast 1 permanent signing for us with the announcement of a few outgoings and maybe a couple of prem loans once the window closes and 25 man squads are announced. Look at the amount of surplus players some of prem teams have.
  • Thought Pennant would have signed by now?.
  • Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko 21s21 seconds ago
    Huddersfield have stepped into the Jamie Paterson race. Ahead of Charlton. Forest will let him go.
  • Bad mistake saying I didn't know Jamie Paterson ?

That was the lad who scored a hat trick against a poor West ham side in a cup game . I think Roger Johnson may of been marking him ?
  • colin1961 said:

Shows lack of ambition joining a team set for Div one

Hudds are selling Butterfield so they're looking to replace him. Feel for CP as think his days are numbered at Hudds.
  • ross1 said:

I believe that the window shuts today in Europe but 6pm tomorrow for the UK. We can still BUY players from Europe until 6pm tomorrow, but they cant buy from us after today (not sure what time though)
    For once Golfie talks sense and is correct
  • mart77 said:

colin1961 said:

Shows lack of ambition joining a team set for Div one

Hudds are selling Butterfield so they're looking to replace him. Feel for CP as think his days are numbered at Hudds.
    Bit of an impossible job there really. Relegation has been coming there for a couple of years now.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!