Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• dickplumb said:

So no Pennant then?

Does/can Pennant play left mid? I always thought he'd be a good squad player for when JBG doesn't play or we play him in a slightly different role.
  • Agree that we don't need another striker. If we had this amount of injuries at a later point in the season, we might've got a loan in but it's difficult bring someone in short term when it's still August.

Would like to see us sign someone who can cover both right back and centre back (Lenglet would've been perfect for this, I reckon) as well as a proper left winger. Not been convinced by Bergdich thus far. Maybe the missing Moussa can fill that left hand void?
  • With a fully fit squad we can compete. But no club, and especially Charlton, ever has a fully fit squad. Without the extra depth we need it'll be another mid-table finish.
  • In my opinion we need a left sided midfielder, cover at right back (Cousins and Charles Cook not the answer) and another option up front. Elsewhere we are ok. I'm not sure I'd put too much store in what Guy says as he likes to play things down.

Agree! But the option up front has to be another big player similar to mak! We have plenty of smaller skillful strikers but lack depth with the hold up man..

Mak is key to the way we play as we saw today we are completely different without him playing!

Tucudean anyone??
  • Ya know it wasn't long ago that someone mentioned that Moussa might be close to getting back to training. I for one have no problem with him getting game time, but there just seems to be no idea when he'll be back. Perhaps this is why Guy hasn't been gung-ho on signing a LM. Our only two targets have been Henry and Pennant, so if either of these two don't happen, I believe Moussa may be the answer.
  • In my opinion we need a left sided midfielder, cover at right back (Cousins and Charles Cook not the answer) and another option up front. Elsewhere we are ok. I'm not sure I'd put too much store in what Guy says as he likes to play things down.

And he likes to win
  • colin1961 said:

Charlton CEO, Katrien Meire, arrived at Molineux in a Porsche driven by her Wolves counterpart, Jez Moxey.

That was a huge clue that the pair had been talking business, could they strike a deal that would take James Henry to The Valley?

Colin. You are the gift that keeps on giving.
  • Maybe Jez Moxey picked her up from the train station ?

Or maybe not.
  • mart77 said:

Nothing changed with regard to Henry deal according to Luzon. He got MoM and unlikely to leave especially seeing as Van La Parra looks to be off.

No idea how he got MOM.....
    Probably because he could run past two or three of our players at will, and did, except for Solly. Might have had something to do with it. He was my MOM too. Just wish he'd been playing for us!
  • Sponsored links:

• mart77 said:

Nothing changed with regard to Henry deal according to Luzon. He got MoM and unlikely to leave especially seeing as Van La Parra looks to be off.

No idea how he got MOM.....
    Probably because he could run past two or three of our players at will, and did, except for Solly. Might have had something to do with it. He was my MOM too. Just wish he'd been playing for us!
    Except for Solly, oh apart from their winning goal of course!
  • I remember that because I got the scoop on Anyinsah. Never had a prouder moment on CL!

Not even winning the predictions league topped it. :-)
  • Crazy money for anyone at this level.
  • colin1961 said:

Fulham have rejected a £10million bid from Sheffield Wednesday for striker Ross McCormack.

I didn't believe it when I heard it earlier. I do now though.
    I think Fulham paid around that for him .
  • Charlton are a bit like the guy who's goes on your boys holiday who does his bollocks on day 5 and come the last night asks for the free one of your 2 for 1 beers at happy hour
  • mart77 said:

Loic Nego has left the club to join Hungarian side Videoton on a 3 year deal according to several sources on Twitter such as Le'Quipe.

I think after Saturday's rumours this can only be a good thing and maybe more to follow. THD was hinting at leaving on loan a few days back but can't imagine his wages would be that significant.

Good news on Nego if true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jamie Paterson of forest
  • Jamie Paterson of forest

What about him?
  • @reluctantnicko: Charlton will try for Jamie Paterson at Forest. Been looking for wide man. Henry. Pennant.

Same bloke who broke the James Henry story
  • @reluctantnicko: Charlton will try for Jamie Paterson at Forest. Been looking for wide man. Henry. Pennant.

Same bloke who broke the James Henry story

Would be good signing, imho
  • Was doing well for them and scored a few goals too.

What happened to him as haven't heard his name mentioned much recently? Injured? Dropped?
  • apparently some talk in the Belgium press of Standard Liege being interested in Vetokele
  • Would like us to get Paterson. Thought he was good at Walsall and started well at Forest but doesn't seem to play that much at the moment.
  • my sources* say

There could be more activity around the exit door, with other departures before the window closes on Tuesday evening possible.

An interesting move for one of the club's fringe players has been mooted, and if any more
    ‎departures could be arranged, it would provide a significant contribution towards bringing in a new recruit.

* http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201508&date=20150831&time=0831
  • my sources* say

There could be more activity around the exit door, with other departures before the window closes on Tuesday evening possible.

An interesting move for one of the club's fringe players has been mooted, and if any more
    ‎departures could be arranged, it would provide a significant contribution towards bringing in a new recruit.

Reza? hope not...can't think of many fringe players of value.

* http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201508&date=20150831&time=0831

• edited August 2015
    FYI, SL just got beaten by Club Bruges (with half the team injured) with a painful 7-1 ! So SL needs reinforcements ! Either with Renaud Emond (from the club who's manager is Big Bob) or indeed Igor Vetokele.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!