Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• With Harriot going out on loan you would expect that pennant or Henry are all but signed
  • Ahaha facts presented as a rumour after the announcement of said fact. For a troll you're pretty good Col keep it coming
  • colin1961 said:

Our clash with Fulham at the Valley is due to be live on Sky. It has been moved to Sunday 4th October, KO 12pm. #cafc

Noooo! I'm going on holiday on the 4th - and only didn't go on the third so I could go to the game...!
  • I thought I was going to miss the 3rd as I don't arrive back from Florida until that morning, my old man would probably expect me to unpack etc rather than sod off to football. All good now :)
  • Ross said:

Cracking rumour there Colin ffs

I assume that you will now be pulling everyone up when they deviate slightly from the topic of a thread
  • colin1961 said:

Wolves are holding out for close to a million for Henry and have turned down two bids from us ..... Talks still on going the deal is far from dead ... We are prepared to wait till jan if we have to .

• Greenie said:

Pennant = Former Criminal

Henry = Former Millwall

Difficult choice

If we can find and sign 10 more footballing crims (playing for Millwall should be classed as a crime) we could have a Footballing dirty dozen.
    Imagine the meltdown on here......!
    CL does self flagulation and righteous indignation so well. I look forward to our signing our first mass murderer...
    I'm not interested in how many people any of them have killed. We've all made mistakes. Their private lives are their own affair.
  • Sponsored links:

• At wedding on 3rd.

I'll be writing a letter of complaint immediately
  • Never forget that old saying...

"You cannot please everyone all of the time" or was it? "You cannot please all everytime" or was it? "You cannot please anyone some of the time" or was it? "You cannot please no one any time" or was it? "You cannot please all at anytime" or was it... oh fuck it!
  • Soapy you were right its first time no second but what a sorry lot

• Will we go back in for Lenglet? Can cover both right back and centre back.
  • Madz said:

I'm not sure about paying over 500k for a player who is out of contract next summer, especially if he isn't interested in staying at Wolves, because surely they'd want him off their books and 500k is more than reasonable. Hold out to Jan. If we miss out we miss out.

Luzon has said he will look elsewhere if they can't get him. As he wants this sort of player in before the end of the transfer window I will assume this weekend is going to be very busy for the club.

With our squad the size it is, £500k+ isn't that much if you consider the effect it might have in giving us a good shout for the Play offs
  • edited August 2015
    Ok conspiracy theory with no probable basis in reality......

We have let Callum H out on loan making us all expect a signing, but none has materialised. Surely Pennant would have been a quick deal as surely the rough details would have been broached before he agreed to the trial. So maybe we have someone lined up that can't sign for us just yet, like Henry. Maybe the deal is done but they don't want it announced until after tomorrow, as it would make them look weak in the eyes of their fan Base compared to us. If he isn't in their 18 then it could be happening.

But probably not.

• Madz said:

I'm not sure about paying over 500k for a player who is out of contract next summer, especially if he isn't interested in staying at Wolves, because surely they'd want him off their books and 500k is more than reasonable. Hold out to Jan. If we miss out we miss out.

Luzon has said he will look elsewhere if they can't get him. As he wants this sort of player in before the end of the transfer window I will assume this weekend is going to be very busy for the club.

With our squad the size it is, £500k+ isn't that much if you consider the effect it might have in giving us a good shout for the Play offs
    Point I'm making is in the context of he is out of contract in the summer. We shouldn't be held to ransom when we could get him for free. 500k fine but 1m I think is too much.
  • Madz said:

Shhhhh don't say those two words
  • Was hoping for a signing this week, think we are probably going to have to wait until Monday at the earliest for a signing. Although Henrys inclusion or not tomorrow will give us a good incline if he will be joining.
  • Sponsored links:

• £500k is still too much for a standard Chump player who is out of contract next summer, £300k max
  • £500k is still too much for a standard Chump player who is out of contract next summer, £300k max

Personally I'd be more than happy if we got him for 500k. That is so little compared to figures that have been thrown around by other teams in our division. Considering the championship is the 6th highest spending league in Europe, something we as a club have definitely contributed to, 500k for a player who is good at this level is not bad business imo.
  • Tuesday is deadline day.
  • I think we will sign 3 more players, a free, a permanent and a loan. Likely to be Pennant, Henry and a prem defender IMO
  • Rich Cawley has confirmed that Wolves have priced Henry out of a move to Charlton. Just tweeted it. Deal seems to be off unless we want to pay more than we need too
  • Rossman92 said:

Rich Cawley has confirmed that Wolves have priced Henry out of a move to Charlton. Just tweeted it. Deal seems to be off unless we want to pay more than we need too

Not the end of the world. Hope we get someone else is now and Henry plays crap on purpose tomorrow.
  • TBH that article doesn't really confirm much apart from what we already know. Would not be surprised if he still signs likely on deadline day.
  • Games people play
  • Plan A.

(Depends on Solly being fit and Tierry playing)

Solly smuggles him out in his pocket.

Plan B.

There is no plan B.
  • When you think Harriott played quite a big role as a sub last week it seems strange to let him go on loan without a replacement when we could have let him go after the Wolves game? So does Luzon think Pennant is a better bet or is there a third option instead of Henry?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!