Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• With our very good start and Pennant all but confirmed I'd say this means Henry is not happening. Hope I'm wrong definitely room for him, but can't see it.
  • Trustable source?
  • Rossman92 said:

Trustable source?

Don't remember him having an "in" on CAFC news before but he may know Pennant or more likely Pennant's agent.

Or could be Charlton playing games with Wolves or Henry deal.
  • Sky sources understands two Championship clubs are interested in signing midfielder Josh Wright.

Wright joined Gillingham earlier this month on a rolling contract and has made an impressive start to life at the club.

The 25-year-old has made six appearances so far for Justin Edinburgh's side, who currently sit at the top of League One.
  • Pennant will be a great signing.
  • Greenie said:

Pennant will be a great signing.

Not convinced but he may well be ...he has a lot to prove and may see this as his final chance ...and I trust Guy.

Not losing much by taking him in so why not.
  • It was only 4 hours ago that luzon said he hasn't seen enough of him in training yet so can't see this being true at the moment
  • Whatever quibbles people may have about Pennant personally, the guy has lots of experience and will only strengthen our squad. If he can motivate himself, then there's no reason why he can't do a great job for us as he undoubtedly has quality.

If he does sign, it seems unlikely that we will also get Henry, but if Wolves aren't playing ball, there's not a lot we can do.

Onwards and upwards.
  • Pennant for 12 months. Henry on a free next summer?
  • Sponsored links:

• I first saw Pennant play for Notts county 17 years ago,
    when he was 15. he haven't grown since that day.
    I hope he is still hungry to prove himself ?
    Roger Johnson was OK for those 4 months so let's hope Pennant can have an Indian summer in the autumn of his career.
    If not we may have a winter of discontent before we spring forward towards the play offs. (thank you to Frankie Vali )
  • I hope that Pennant has the intelligence to understand we have (if true) given him a chance to prove himself again and he wants to play for the club and not just earn a final pay day. I was sceptical about Guy, but over the last few months I've grown to like him and I really hope he does well for this club.....hence if Guy says Pennant is ok to join the squad then I'll trust his judgement.

Bang on mate
  • They only way I could see us sign Pennant and Henry is if Harriott moves on.
  • I hope that Pennant has the intelligence to understand we have (if true) given him a chance to prove himself again and he wants to play for the club and not just earn a final pay day. I was sceptical about Guy, but over the last few months I've grown to like him and I really hope he does well for this club.....hence if Guy says Pennant is ok to join the squad then I'll trust his judgement.

Think RM nails it here and I'd be suprised if anyone thought differently.

In Guy we trust.
  • Sky Sports Transfer Centre has finally caught up...

PENNANT SET FOR CHARLTON MOVE?

Charlton could move for former Liverpool and Stoke winger Jermaine Pennant, reports The Sun.

Guy Luzon's side currently sit third in the Championship after an unbeaten start to the season.

This would be a great signing and for that reason I cant see it happening!
  • Pennant following Makienok and CAFC official on Twitter.
  • Scoham said:

Pennant following Makienok and CAFC official on Twitter.

He has been training with us so we can't read too much into that.
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Wolves are holding out for close to a million for Henry and have turned down two bids from us ..... Talks still on going the deal is far from dead ... We are prepared to wait till jan if we have to .

Waiting til Jan seems like a calculated risk really... yeah they might be more willing to deal to avoid losing him for nothing, but if he does hit good form suddenly we could be looking at competition which does not seem the case right now - and with RD's rather frugal policies a desperate/determined team chucking big bucks around to save/redeem their season might gazump us. If we're going to get him in, I'd probably rather do it now if possible.
  • If they want a million I say let em whistle. Sign him in January for 250k.
  • I'm not sure about paying over 500k for a player who is out of contract next summer, especially if he isn't interested in staying at Wolves, because surely they'd want him off their books and 500k is more than reasonable. Hold out to Jan. If we miss out we miss out.

Luzon has said he will look elsewhere if they can't get him. As he wants this sort of player in before the end of the transfer window I will assume this weekend is going to be very busy for the club.
  • If Henry lines up against us tomorrow I think we can pretty much conclude the deal is dead. If he's not in their squad then I think he will be heading to SE7.
  • If Henry lines up against us tomorrow I think we can pretty much conclude the deal is dead. If he's not in their squad then I think he will be heading to SE7.

If he lines up against us and whoever plays against him, has him in their pocket, and we cane them, we dont want him. ;o)

If Henry crocks one of our players it'll probably be for the best that we don't sign him!
  • colin1961 said:

Harriott to Colchester on loan

Does he need a lift there to make sure he does go
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!