Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• I would rather see the young kid from daggers than pennant or Henry. Fits more the profile of buying young to develop and potentially sell on

Henry or Pennant would be available and good enough for immediate first team selection. Jodi Jones is still two years from getting into our starting eleven.

Would love to sign him but let's not confuse why we are interested in both.

Agreed. Jones would go into the development squad I would think, we would not be selling him on for several years - he'd have to make the step up to the first team and then be pretty consistently impressive enough to get serious attention to warrant a big enough fee to sell - a very big ask and however it plays out any hypothetical profit is at the bare minimum two or three years away realistically. Signing Pennant and/or Henry and we'd be signing a player to fill a gap in the squad right now as it stands - an attacking threat down the wings so that JBG doesn't have to do everything himself all season.
  • Henry for me. Proven championship quality, youngish and hungry enough to want to play at a higher level .
  • Kevin Nolan has been released by West Ham, would be decent.
  • NL_Addick said:

Kevin Nolan has been released by West Ham, would be decent.

Bolton perhaps?
  • NL_Addick said:

Now that would be a very good signing goals plus experience to help progress a young team
  • Sponsored links:

• Pennant = Former Criminal

Henry = Former Millwall

Difficult choice

It has to be Pennant on that basis.
  • NL_Addick said:

I'll say it again. Nolan will want to play. Who of our midfield would you drop for him?
  • Pennant = Former Criminal

Henry = Former Millwall

Difficult choice

If we can find and sign 10 more footballing crims (playing for Millwall should be classed as a crime) we could have a Footballing dirty dozen.
    Imagine the meltdown on here......!
  • Wolves on Benik Afobe;

The Championship club issued a statement last week saying neither the 22-year-old "nor any of Wolves' first-team forward players will be sold this season", and said nothing had changed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34065624
  • We are cutting it a bit fine with these three Bournemouth players we are bringing in. I can see Pennant coming in instead of Henry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

Pennant = Former Criminal

Henry = Former Millwall

Difficult choice

If we can find and sign 10 more footballing crims (playing for Millwall should be classed as a crime) we could have a Footballing dirty dozen.
    Imagine the meltdown on here......!
    CL does self flagulation and righteous indignation so well. I look forward to our signing our first mass murderer...
  • dickplumb said:

We are cutting it a bit fine with these three Bournemouth players we are bringing in. I can see Pennant coming in instead of Henry.

Ian Harte has retired so that's one Bournemouth player down ;-)
  • I think we are still looking otherwise the Pennant deal would be done
  • barstool said:

I think we are still looking otherwise the Pennant deal would be done

Remember there is no rush with the Pennant deal... Because he's on a Free Transfer the window can close and we'd still be allowed to sign him
  • edited August 2015
    Hope we still get Henry and someone else and Pennant isn't it.
  • Nice scoop if true but odd to word it in such an official way. Sounds like it could a direct quote from CAFC Twitter.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!