Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• bergdich is a left back, Harriot will be gone never going to be consistent, not enough anyway for the direction the club wants to go.

I think the issue might be that Callum doesn't want to leave

I think you may be right, the trouble is that he looked so poor when he came on on Saturday, he seems lacking in confidence not to mention skill levels, he needs game time and I can't see him getting that with us. I think a smart move for him would be a loan until January even if it was by dropping a league.
  • edited August 2015

I thought Harriot did OK when he came on, gave us an outlet on that wing, won a few throw ins and corners, tracked back and generally got involved. Didn't see any lack of confidence but I always wonder how to spot "Confidence or the lack of" from 100 yards away.

Is he worth a place in the 18 when everyone is fit is another question but IMHO he looked very far from "so poor" on Saturday.

I agree H, he looked hungry for the ball. But still ran into a cul de sac a couple of times, and shot from the box when he had an outlet to the right who was in a better position, I guess its down to the football brain and reading of the game, which I dont believe Cally Messi has, at the moment anyway.
  • Rumours please
  • cabbles said:

Although he was injured on sat, I still think Jackson will go out on loan

We could have done with Jacko on Saturday when Ba went off and experience on the bench is important. Look at that bench against Hull! He's also well-liked and respected among the players so I really can't see him leaving on loan.
    I agree. He would've def been the right man to come on on sat. Just got a feeling he'll want game time, something we probably can't give him
  • Expecting a signing by Wednesday

Don't care who the Owls sign
    That Ansah isn't very nice

Don't care who the Owls sign
    Sorry I just thought with the rivalry and all people would be interested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

I thought Harriot did OK when he came on, gave us an outlet on that wing, won a few throw ins and corners, tracked back and generally got involved. Didn't see any lack of confidence but I always wonder how to spot "Confidence or the lack of" from 100 yards away.

Is he worth a place in the 18 when everyone is fit is another question but IMHO he looked very far from "so poor" on Saturday.

I agree H, he looked hungry for the ball. But still ran into a cul de sac a couple of times, and shot from the box when he had an outlet to the right who was in a better position, I guess its down to the football brain and reading of the game, which I dont believe Cally Messi has, at the moment anyway.
    A cul de sac caused by Hull having two players on him. End of game in high temp and he's in a corner giving the rest of the team a breather and time to get back into shape. Maybe he was doing what he was told to do and using his football brain. Yes, he had a shot from the edge of the box but then again KAG did that a few times too and blazed well wide.
    Intelligent players release the ball at this point. He wasn't giving the team a breather, nice try, he lost the ball and everyone had to belt back to defend.
    KAG is a striker, who got into some great positions (against an England international), found space, and had a couple shots, its what he's paid to do, Cally Messi, is paid to deliver the ball to the strikers, right now he doesn't.
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

A cul de sac caused by Hull having two players on him. End of game in high temp and he's in a corner giving the rest of the team a breather and time to get back into shape. Maybe he was doing what he was told to do and using his football brain. Yes, he had a shot from the edge of the box but then again KAG did that a few times too and blazed well wide.
    Intelligent players release the ball at this point. He wasn't giving the team a breather, nice try, he lost the ball and everyone had to belt back to defend.
    KAG is a striker, who got into some great positions (against an England international), found space, and had a couple shots, its what he's paid to do, Cally Messi, is paid to deliver the ball to the strikers, right now he doesn't.
    Spot on Greenie

• edited August 2015
    cazo said:

Rumours please

Sat on this one for a while,
    But when Nego first came to CAFC,
    His first words of English to his British team mates were
    I'm not a Right Back !

We move on to the present.

We still need a Reserve RB. (even thou JC was decent, and it allowed Ba to play in mid field who is also decent)

• Greenie said:

Greenie said:

agree Greenie, spot on in my opinion.
  • NL_Addick said:

According to SLP, Charlton have stepped up their interest in James Hemry...

James Hemry? Never heard of him

Roland out etc
  • Deadline day Henry
  • colin1961 said:

He was left out of wolves team on Saturday

Colin you're on the internet, check your facts/lies before you post. We can google exactly what you could and will know if it's BS.
  • Sponsored links:

• Correction *Henry and it wasn't SLP that reported this, it was the News Shopper.
  • Dazzler21 said:

colin1961 said:

He was left out of wolves team on Saturday

Colin you're on the internet, check your facts/lies before you post. We can google exactly what you could and will know if it's BS.
    Technically he was left out the team, as he was on the bench.
  • edited August 2015
    That's fine, I wouldn't say that was left out the team, i'd say out of the starting line up.

The match day squad is the team to many, hence the responses. I myself define the team as the entire match day squad too.

It is more a bit of advice than a dig, I quite like the rare scoop Colin gets ahead of others that actually turns into something more.
  • hmmmm not digging you out Dazza, cos im one for dishing out a bit of stick myself, but Colin is getting far too much unnecessary verbal at the moment.

Anyway, lets hope Henry signs. Be a good addition.

Too right, it's not his fault some people don't know the difference between the team and squad.

It's pretty much bullying at times.
  • we might need him for Tuesday night, not sure how far Wolves is from Peterborough but is fairly close
  • edited August 2015
    I'm not disagreeing VG, I think some comments aimed towards @colin1961 are over the top.

All my comment said was to be mindful of 'facts' that he posts, that can be easily checked out by a quick Google search.

As I've said I like some of the rumours he comes out with, at least they're not Acworth worthy!

Then again it is the rumours thread so I could say @Stu_of_Kunming is signing for Kunming Ruilong F.C and no one can challenge it, except the man or the club involved :lol:

It's just a rumour after all.

p.s I really hope he is right regarding James Henry.
  • edited August 2015
    West Ham and Norwich rival Charlton for League Two prospect
    Monday, 24 August 2015 By Richard Cawley

CHARLTON are hoping that offering a quicker progression path will help them to land Dagenham winger Jodi Jones.
    The Addicks have tabled more than one bid for the 17-year-old, who played against them in the Capital One Cup earlier in the month, but have not been able to agree a fee.

West Ham United and Norwich City are also interested in Jones, who broke into the Dagenham first team at the end of last season and signed a long-term contract.
    Charlton know they cannot match the financial power of the two Premier League clubs but are hoping Jones would look at the way they have developed youngsters - Joe Gomez and Diego Poyet moving to Liverpool and West Ham respectively over the past two season.
    Dagenham are asking for a fee in the region of £250,000 but may surpass that because of the high level of interest.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!