Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• dickplumb said:

It will be Jermaine Pennant.

This would be really be left field ?
    Why would you want a 32 year old winger who's best days were 10 years ago.
    Diara is a different personality before you pipe in about age .
    The quintessential boy from a poor background who suddenly have wealth and glamour models on his arm and then starts breaking all the rules.
    We need young hungry players and we have a great mix at the moment.
    What a retrograde step this would be.

• If the aim is to reach the playoffs then Pennant could be at the right price a very useful addition.
  • May as well have kept Chris Eagles if we were just going to sign Penmant anyway
  • It certainly wont be Barton & hopefully not Pennant either..........If past signings are anything to go by it will be an unknown player from abroad who's fee will be "undisclosed" but will be worth at least double what our £ sterling could buy in the UK
  • It will be Pennant.
  • Swisdom said:

I heard yesterday it was unlikely to be Pennant. Excess baggage

What do you expect if you have a glamour Wag ?

They will never travel light.

• 3 guys in the Know ? On Pennant

Dick Plumb Yes

Swisdom No

Colin has the casting Vote ?
  • If we sign Joey Barton I'll .............
  • colin1961 said:

Guys Barton will not be joining us

Who's Guys Barton ?
    He was a special agent ?

No sorry he was a Dick.

• Sponsored links:

• In support of what's been said before if we could get pennant on a basic wedge plus extras for games/goals I think he would be a good addition. I remember watching him back a few years ago when he was at Liverpool and he was good when he was on one and rubbish otherwise.

Not seen much of him since and not sure how he has matured. If the club thinks he is now up for it I would support that.

Joey Barton; No. I wouldn't put him near a team dressing room. Complete tool with insufficient ability to deal with the drain on resources his presence brings. Really can't see our club management going for that. I hope not.

• May as well have kept Chris Eagles if we were just going to sign Penmant anyway

But he wasn't good enough. How do you know Pennant isn't better?
  • Although he was injured on sat, I still think Jackson will go out on loan
  • Not sure about Jackson. I hope he stays and plays. Or he stays and coaches.
  • The squad has been massively overhauled this summer, Buyens is not missed, Bulot has not been mentioned (or missed) since our failure to sign him and Johny Jackson, a stalwart, is just not good enough to make the starting line up. I take my hat off to Guy and have absolute faith in him.
  • The squad has been massively overhauled this summer, Buyens is not missed, Bulot has not been mentioned (or missed) since our failure to sign him and Johny Jackson, a stalwart, is just not good enough to make the starting line up. I take my hat off to Guy and have absolute faith in him.

We look much stronger than last season, however I would argue we have not fully replaced Bulot, hence Luzon making his desires to sign a LM known.

Disagree on Bulot. Think he is a better left midfielder than all the players who have played there so far this season.

Agree, not seen anything from Bergdich to suggest he's better.
  • Sponsored links:

Disagree on Bulot. Think he is a better left midfielder than all the players who have played there so far this season.

Agree, not seen anything from Bergdich to suggest he's better.
    Give the guy a chance to settle and get match fit. Too early and unfair to judge at this point imho

• Never really understood the Bulot hype if I'm honest. Often invisible
  • Never really understood the Bulot hype if I'm honest. Often invisible

Bulot certainly. I liked Buyens but I prefer Ba and Kashi (and Cousins)
  • edited August 2015
    Bulot was very clever and tricky in tight spaces. He had explosive pace and that often started off counters.
  • Bullt was very clever and tricky in tight spaces. He had explosive pace and that often started of counters.

Agreed. And he could cross (and take a mean free-kick).

Bergdich looks ok though to me. He might even end up at left-back if we sign a left-winger or if Harriot comes into form.

• bergdich is a left back, Harriot will be gone never going to be consistent, not enough anyway for the direction the club wants to go.
  • bergdich is a left back, Harriot will be gone never going to be consistent, not enough anyway for the direction the club wants to go.

I think the issue might be that Callum doesn't want to leave.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!