Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Where are the rumours or talk of Yann coming back stemming from? Or are we just discussing him like we do every other 3 or 4 pages on here?

I will give you three guesses where the rumour came from...
  • edited August 2015

Greenie said:

Re Yann. It does amuse me that the more time that passes the better he was............
    As someone once said beyond parody.*

*Good expression that

Maybe something to do with how badly he performed for Bournemouth last season and how wonderfully effective his replacements were.

Now, finally, after 18 months we have another centre forward.
    Wasn't played as a centre forward at Bmouth though............!
  • colin1961 said:

Guys Barton will not be joining us

Good player is Guys Barton.
  • I reckon guy could make Francis a good player

He could be

guys Francis
  • Greenie said:

Can we just take a moment to remember how everyone was flapping over signings this time last month or so ago and the world was coming to an end.

Now we're casually debating which right winger we'd prefer to add to our already strong looking team.

It was just the CAFC Bedwetters. ;o)
    Is that one of our disability teams??
  • Anyone who would turn down having Yann back needs there head checked.

It's never going to happen so it's irrelevant.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

Greenie said:

Re Yann. It does amuse me that the more time that passes the better he was............
    As someone once said beyond parody.*

*Good expression that

Maybe something to do with how badly he performed for Bournemouth last season and how wonderfully effective his replacements were.

Now, finally, after 18 months we have another centre forward.
    Who is a lot younger, does not have injury problems and wants to be at Charlton
    None of which has anything to do with how good Yann was as a player, as he proved again with Bournemouth.

I think the people trying to convince themselves, against all the evidence, that Yann wasn't all that really need to move on. He has.
    This. And I'd have him back. Touch of the talisman about him that could give us the leg up at the business end of this season.
  • In The Sun that we're poised to sign James Henry for £500k
  • CAFCsayer said:

In The Sun that we're poised to sign James Henry for £500k

Would be nice. I have a feeling it would happen after this weekend if it did happen so he couldn't play against them.
  • Henry came on at half time for Wolves tonight
  • Henry came on at half time for Wolves tonight

Cup tied do that's another 250k off the price...
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably be a lot more expensive too.
  • ^
    That's how to rumour.
  • edited August 2015
    Well we know now for a fact that an attacking midfielder is coming in. That will be Henry if Wolves play ball or I'm assuming Pennant if not.
  • Sky Sports Transfer Centre has finally caught up...

PENNANT SET FOR CHARLTON MOVE?

Charlton could move for former Liverpool and Stoke winger Jermaine Pennant, reports The Sun.

Guy Luzon's side currently sit third in the Championship after an unbeaten start to the season.
  • If it must be Pennant and not Henry, can't we give him a 3 month trial contract with a 1 year bumper one after that if he passes with flying colours.
  • If it must be Pennant and not Henry, can't we give him a 3 month trial contract with a 1 year bumper one after that if he passes with flying colours.

Problem with that is if he does well in those 3 months, other sides will try and sign him. Difficult balancing act.

Like @Mart77 says... Is a difficult balancing act in case other clubs sign him but... Its what we did with Eagles / Johnson / Diarra last season which worked out quite well so it wouldnt surprise me if that happened
  • I would rather see the young kid from daggers than pennant or Henry. Fits more the profile of buying young to develop and potentially sell on
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!