Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Cheers Colin, don't listen to "the haters". I look forward to your posts even if "some" of them don't happen!! :smile:
  • Wonder if its that French guy we were linked with a few weeks back, cant remember his name or club but sure it began with a 'C'
  • Cyprien
  • It will be Jermaine Pennant.
  • Luzon said in the interview after match that hopefully one next week but wanting two
  • barstool said:

Luzon said in the interview after match that hopefully one next week but wanting two

Luzon also said in the newshopper interview that 'we need an attacking midfielder and then we'll be ok' so I assume that's where Colin got the hot tip from!

I expect by attacking midfielder Luzon means a winger rather than an attacking centre mid. We need wide players more than a CM.

• Depending on the extent of the injuries we may do with an extra forward too. Less bothered about right back cover given JC's performance yesterday.
  • Winger and RB cover are the areas where we need perm signings. The loan market can cover injuries upfront.

When do the premier league teams name their 25 man squads? After that a lot of players should become available for loan.
  • Joey Barton

Not sure why the laugh ?

Two Sunday papers are reporting our interest.

• Sponsored links:

• Joey Barton

Not sure why the laugh ?

I'd take him plenty of experience up for a fight and loads of passion he could be just what we need to give us that extra push that we didn't have last season.and he can play all across the midfield
  • dancafc said:

Joey Barton

Not sure why the laugh ?

I'd take him plenty of experience up for a fight and loads of passion he could be just what we need to give us that extra push that we didn't have last season.and he can play all across the midfield
    I want you to just think a moment...

We're you at the game yesterday?

If you were, who would you drop to fit him into our midfield?
    I was at the Oval yesterday so I didn't see it I'm not saying that he walks straight into a winning team but it's good to have experience in the squad
  • Joey Barton

Not sure why the laugh ?

Better not I absolutely wrecked my west ham mates when he was linked to them.
  • Almost definitely Pennant.
  • Almost definitely Pennant.
  • Hopefully not Barton, can't stand him.
  • Hopefully not Barton, can't stand him.

Slightly above economy class footballer

Slightly below economy class person
  • Sponsored links:

• I heard yesterday it was unlikely to be Pennant. Excess baggage
  • let's hope it's Henry then or has that ship sailed?
  • dickplumb said:

It will be Jermaine Pennant.

Pretty sure it will be this.
    sam3110 said:

Cyprien

But I hope it will be this, looks excellent (on Youtube admittedly).

Joey Barton

Please not this!
  • The one thing I'll point out about Barton is he spent a decent amount of time at Newcastle playing on the right of midfield, where he probably had his best season. He's one of the most accurate crossers of the ball around and he was part of the reason Andy Carroll's stock rose so dramatically at Newcastle. Not saying I necessarily want him as I think he wouldn't want to sit on the bench and we wouldn't want to pay him lots of money to, but he would offer some good crossing from wide for Makienok to enjoy if we did pick him up
  • The one thing I'll point out about Barton is he spent a decent amount of time at Newcastle playing on the right of midfield, where he probably had his best season. He's one of the most accurate crossers of the ball around and he was part of the reason Andy Carroll's stock rose so dramatically at Newcastle. Not saying I necessarily want him as I think he wouldn't want to sit on the bench and we wouldn't want to pay him lots of money to, but he would offer some good crossing from wide for Makienok to enjoy if we did pick him up

So, you're going to drop JBG!
  • Give me a Y ? Or are you all still thumbing your noses at the obvious ?

So, you're going to drop JBG!
    No, hence me saying 'he wouldn't want to sit on the bench' as a stumbling block. I think he'd be too expensive for a reserve option
  • Barton would be worse than pennant. An unreconstructed tool. At least pennant stands a chance of putting in a decent shift for his admittedly slightly synthetic beauty of a wife.
    At 32 he is getting towards maturity and may not be as quick as he was but a lot more settled than he's ever been?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!