Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• cafc4life said:

Reece Burke signed for Bradford on loan.2 players in a week we've missed out on to Bradford.decent

I believe the Olympic Stadium issue put the kibosh on that loan happening.
    He would have been perfect cover for right back and centre back.
  • Pinch of salt time but heard that Jermaine Pennant is due in for a trial with us at Sparrows Lane tomorrow.
  • Pinch of salt time but heard that Jermaine Pennant is due in for a trial with us at Sparrows Lane tomorrow.

He can bring Mrs Pennant with him. Interesting if he's still capable. Was a good player not so long ago.
  • Played for Wigan last year after joining in Feb, they offered him a new deal that he turned down. Interestingly he played for Pune city before that
  • O thik he would be a good edition as back up in the s

Pinch of salt time but heard that Jermaine Pennant is due in for a trial with us at Sparrows Lane tomorrow.

No thanks.
  • 3 goals in 13 games for an awful Wigan side. Not a bad option if we can't get longer term targets.
  • BRING BACK DELORT
  • 3 goals in 13 games for an awful Wigan side. Not a bad option if we can't get longer term targets.

All freekicks
  • Sponsored links:

• To be honest Pennant would not be the worst signing in the world - he ticks the boxes marked British/knows the league/experienced, and his record is decent if unspectacular. He does have a past as they say but Luzon seems to have managed Tony Watt pretty well - he can do the same with Pennant I am sure.
  • Sorry @Macronate but

Pope

Regan Cook Bauer Diarra Fox

Cousins Ba Kashi

JBG Mak Ceballos

Oooooh yeah football manager style.

• *turns into apologists thread*
  • No worse then Eagles imho, don't really know much about his apparent 'past' though.
  • edited August 2015
    thenewbie said:

To be honest Pennant would not be the worst signing in the world - he ticks the boxes marked British/knows the league/experienced, and his record is decent if unspectacular. He does have a past as they say but Luzon seems to have managed Tony Watt pretty well - he can do the same with Pennant I am sure.

I don't think Tony Watt has ever been sent to prison for drunk driving or had to wear an electronic tag during a game.

Pennant was a very good player in his day and I'm not saying his criminal record should prevent him signing but he's now 32 and not been playing at a high level for some time.

Worth a trial for sure but not holding my breath.
  • I said it a month or so ago (if you want to trawl through thousands of threads) that we need to bring in another couple of striker....at least one needs to be a 20 goal a season man. Last 2 away games has shown that we can create the chances but they need tucking away. Now we are going into a couple of games with no Watt & No Reza......leaving just the Great Dane, KAG and...........that's it !!

You do spout some daft panicky nonsense golfie. We have Tony Watt, who has 3 goals in 4 games and won't be out for long. Sure, we need another striker as long as Igor is out, but who is this mystery 20 goal a season man you speak of? Andre Gray didn't even get 20 league goals last season and he's valued at £9 million. Do you have a name in mind that we can afford and who will score 20 goals? Because in these months of posts I haven't seen you name one. And if there isn't one then what's the point in panicking over something that can't happen?
    15-love.
  • wmcf123 said:

Two options for the Weekend:

Pope
    Bauer - Diarra - Fox
    Gudmundsson - Kashi - Ba - Cousins - Bergdich
    Makienok - Ceballos

Pope
    Charles-Cook - Bauer - Diarra - Fox
    Gudmundsson - Kashi - Ba - Cousins
    Makienok - Ceballos

Stifling B-G by giving him defensive responsibility and playing Fox as a centre half is a total non starter
    ...and Charles-Cook ain't ready to play right-back against a decent Championship team.
  • thenewbie said:

To be honest Pennant would not be the worst signing in the world - he ticks the boxes marked British/knows the league/experienced, and his record is decent if unspectacular. He does have a past as they say but Luzon seems to have managed Tony Watt pretty well - he can do the same with Pennant I am sure.

I don't think Tony Watt has ever been sent to prison for drunk driving or had to wear an electronic tag during a game.

Pennant was a very good player in his day and I'm not saying his criminal record should prevent him signing but he's now 32 and not been playing at a high level for some time.

Worth a trial for sure but not holding my breath.
    That's a fair point. Pennant's criminal record is quite clearly more concerning than Watt's reputation for being a bit of a wild card off the pitch, I don't question that. On the other hand, I would not imagine he would be anything other than a back-up option, I believe he's played on either wing at various points and as with signings like Johnson or Eagles (neither of whom had recent playing time at high levels either), perhaps a bit of experience would be tempting to whoever it is who chooses our signings.

As I say, not the worst possible signing. But most certainly not the best either - I would have been much happier had the Henry deal come off though that now seems unlikely.
  • Just read that Jason Denayer (Man city) has to go out on loan again. Has to find himself a team ...
  • Denayer did very well for Celtic. A very strong, athletic centre half and I'd be delighted if we could get him on loan. I suspect his sights would be higher and we couldn't afford his wages though.
  • Sponsored links:

• skywalker said:

Just read that Jason Denayer (Man city) has to go out on loan again. Has to find himself a team ...

But is he any good Luke?
  • edited August 2015
    shirty5 said:

Blackburn, Brighton and Charlton are all chasing Leicester City's Tom Lawrence on loan. #LCFC #BRFC #BHAFC #CAFC hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/…

Joins Blackburn on loan until January 3rd.
  • TelMc32 said:

Denayer did very well for Celtic. A very strong, athletic centre half and I'd be delighted if we could get him on loan. I suspect his sights would be higher and we couldn't afford his wages though.

Looks like he is heading for Marseille
  • Pennant was different class in the Championship last season.

Could be brilliant
  • Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko 2m2 minutes ago
    Gary Hooper on the move. Major shock. Major loan fee and extras. What a statement signing ...

Could this be us?
  • Millwall have him

8)
  • Hooper to hull or boro I reckon. Definitely won't be us.
  • Surely Brizzle City, cash to burn, desperate for a signing.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!