Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Barry Bannan is up for loan, would be a decent signing for us if we could get him on years deal. Could play on left.
  • alangee said:

dickplumb said:

@RichCawleySLP: Charlton's Ayo Obileye joining Dagenham on loan until January. Not linked to a deal for winger Jodi Jones.

West Ham also in for Jones apparently.
    Thanks Colin
    Ha - was it somewhere else? Apologies if I've missed it.
  • Essex_Al said:

FC Pune City ‏@FCPuneCity · 4h4 hours ago
    We are pleased to announce our new signing Roger Johnson for @IndSuperLeague Season 2. Welcome Roger Johnson!

FC Pune City, I'll bet he becomes regular!

In sure he'll have great fun getting the shits.
  • So he's gone from us to a Super League - and he gets to eat Indian all the time of he wants.
    I'm jealous.
  • matt88 said:

Essex_Al said:

We are pleased to announce our new signing Roger Johnson for @IndSuperLeague Season 2. Welcome Roger Johnson!

This.

Each to their own and all that, but I have never understood the attaction of India as a holiday destination or place to live and work. Everyone I know who has been there bar none has had an arse eruption big enough to rival Vesuvius as the biggest explosion in history.
    Worked there many times, brilliant country
  • matt88 said:

Essex_Al said:

This.

Each to their own and all that, but I have never understood the attaction of India as a holiday destination or place to live and work. Everyone I know who has been there bar none has had an arse eruption big enough to rival Vesuvius as the biggest explosion in history.
    Have you been to India to be judgemental?
  • same as Stonemouse, and lovely people
  • stonemuse said:

matt88 said:

Essex_Al said:

This.

Worked there many times, brilliant country
    Me too, great place, great people, good place to work.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have never been to India but both people I know who have told me it was tough going whilst there but looking back on their holidays was the best place they have visited.
  • India, Goa especially, is amazing
  • Essex_Al said:

He'll be smashing back the Cobra beers
  • Swisdom said:

India, Goa especially, is amazing

TECHNICALLY, Goa isn't India...
  • I wonder what they will think of his interpretation of the English Lang when he vocally encourages and advises his fellow defenders, or will he have to learn a whole new set on Indian swearwords?
  • Nobody questioned the niceness of India or the locals. Questions were raised over getting the two bob bits.
  • Playing alongside Nicky Shorey and Didier Zokora !
  • Sponsored links:

• Zelalem is a quality midfielder but not sure we need him with Cousins, Kashi and Ba.
  • Swisdom said:

It's one of the smallest and Riches states in India.

Without checking Goa didn't relocate to The Isle of Wight the day i had a 24 hrs news detoxs ?

• wmcf123 said:

Valley11 said:

Having seen the Jackson weirdness for a few seasons, I thought it time to speak up.
    There's some proper plumbs on here.
    I really, honestly, can't understand why Jackdon isn't as a hero to every Charlton supporter. And that's not just the johnny come lately Premier League brigade.
    A guy who scored almost fifty goals in almost 200 games (that's 1 in 4 for a midfielder, for the proper knuckle draggers), who is loved by both the players and management and who respects the fans.
    To me he's up there with Kinsella, Robbo and Kiely.

Jackson will and should always be a hero to most. I just don't think he's good enough to be a regular starter any more
    I would say that is an accurate summary of the situation.
  • Swisdom said:

Technically it is lol. It's more accurate to say that culturally it's not particularly representative of India, but it certainly is India. But it most certainly is an Indian state, Indian law, governance and taxation.

It certainly is not Portugal lol, not since 1961 anyway!
  • Swisdom said:

Technically it is. Was initially Portugese colony but now an intregal part of India. If ypu dont believe, try getting in Goa without an Indian visa!!
  • A lot of Indians don't class Goa as "proper" India and say you haven't really seen India if that's the only place you've been to there.
  • A lot of Indians don't class Goa as "proper" India and say you haven't really seen India if that's the only place you've been to there.

Perhaps, but it's not disputed at all, nor does there seem to be any separatist movement. It's not like Kashmir.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!