Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Not a rumour but just seen the team coach heading north on the A14.
  • Not a rumour but just seen the team coach heading north on the A14.

anyone on it?

• going the scenic route !
  • cafctom said:

Brad Jones is a better keeper than Nick Pope - would be disappointed if we brought him in just to be a number 2/3.

Another thing I like about Luzon. He shows great confidence in the youth players. Has with Pope, Fox and Charles-Cook. Personally, I hope that doesn't change...
  • Who would you rather have?

Hamer & Button

Or

Henderson & Jones?
  • That's a tough one. Button has developed well at Brentford since he left us, but Henderson is the best of the 4.

Probably just about Henderson and Jones.
  • Rumour is George Tucudean is back training with the club

I cant get the Derby home game out of my mind, when in that game he was utterly sensational. Great goal, and tore them to shreds with his skill to win the pen. He also got the best out of Igor when we were playing a much less attacking game than we are now.

He can do a job as back up to Makienok.......
    No offence but....sensational?! He was decent in that game but not sensational.
    That said, I don't think he's a complete lost cause. As long as it doesn't affect bringing in a gk, lb, lm then it would be good to have him in the squad.
  • Are we signing Jones?.
  • Valley11 said:

Rumour is George Tucudean is back training with the club

I cant get the Derby home game out of my mind, when in that game he was utterly sensational. Great goal, and tore them to shreds with his skill to win the pen. He also got the best out of Igor when we were playing a much less attacking game than we are now.

No offence but....sensational?! He was decent in that game but not sensational.
    That said, I don't think he's a complete lost cause. As long as it doesn't affect bringing in a gk, lb, lm then it would be good to have him in the squad.
    I agree with OP he was class that game.

That's good news Vetokele wasn't as good after George left! He would also work well with Watt imo
  • Sponsored links:

Please no.
  • Are we signing Jones?.

West ham interested too
  • So according to soccerbase, Tucs played made 11 starts and 6 sub appearances out on loan in Romania last season so probably not exactly first name in the team sheet but used enough that you'd think they'd keep him for the remaining season of the loan deal.

Wonder why he's been sent back (if he has). Suspect a loan move Ujpest may be coming his way - not sure if I'd rather have him or Reza as 4th/5th choice.
  • Rumour is George is back as Steau wanted him to take a salary cut and he refused.
  • I would have Tucudean back in the squad, not as a regular starter but like Reza, showed some flashes of quality & we are already paying his wages, better then having that slot filled by nobody as unless i have missed a story, i have not seen us linked with another first team striker.
  • Don't really think we can offer George much in the way of first team football now we have igor, watt and makienok with KAG having started his senior goal scoring account.
  • Rumour is George is back as Steau wanted him to take a salary cut and he refused.

Yeah that's what was rumoured but I don't get how that would work. I thought a loan was essentially a contractual agreement between two clubs that one club will take a player from another for a defined period of time, paying a defined amount of salary and a defined fee. How can Steau decide half way through that they just want to pay less and him refusing to accept lower wages means the deal is terminated and he's back with us (with us paying his salary) ?
  • se9addick said:

Rumour is George is back as Steau wanted him to take a salary cut and he refused.

Yeah that's what was rumoured but I don't get how that would work. I thought a loan was essentially a contractual agreement between two clubs that one club will take a player from another for a defined period of time, paying a defined amount of salary and a defined fee. How can Steau decide half way through that they just want to pay less and him refusing to accept lower wages means the deal is terminated and he's back with us (with us paying his salary) ?
    In sport, contracts often turn out to be about as water tight as something-not-at-all-watertight-but-less-clichéd-than-a-sieve. There's usually a way around these things.
  • se9addick said:

Rumour is George is back as Steau wanted him to take a salary cut and he refused.

In sport, contracts often turn out to be about as water tight as something-not-at-all-watertight-but-less-clichéd-than-a-sieve. There's usually a way around these things.
    Fair enough, just wish we'd realised this 12 months ago and the Simon Church story may have been shorter !
  • Nothing wrong with having George as back up. Never thought he was quite as terrible as some made out. Still interested to see just how injured Igor is, but if he's back after a couple of weeks, Watt, Igor and Makienok, with KAG, Reza and George as possible back ups who can offer something a bit different would be handy. George's biggest problem was that too much was expected of him. Coming on when we're chasing a game or we need someone to link up with another striker and keep the ball up the pitch late on might ease the pressure on him and we might see a better player
  • Sponsored links:

• If big mak gets injured I'd defo prefer George to replace him as he is the closest type of striker we have! Can hold the all up and link with other strikers! I'd be interested to see how he linked up with Watt! Maybe we should have had him here for pre season to have a look at him?
  • I have heard that Tucudean is going on loan to STTV.
  • dickplumb said:

I have heard that Tucudean is going on loan to STTV.

So did I. Although, it was probably from you :smile:
  • se9addick said:

IIRC with international loans all the player's wages have to be paid by the club taking the player.

So perhaps Steau weren't happy about playing English level wages for another year. They were willing to take GT on a perm contract but on lower wages but GT wasn't. So Steau took the option to cancel the loan.

Speculation but it fits the known facts/rumours.

Leaves us with a player deemed surplus to requirements in a position where were already have another expensive misfit (Reza) plus other, better options.

Another drain on the budget unless he can be sold or loaned. The summer purchases seem a huge improvement on the previous RD window activity but it seems the mistakes of those previous windows keep coming back to haunt us.
  • I would have Tucudean back in the squad, not as a regular starter but like Reza, showed some flashes of quality & we are already paying his wages, better then having that slot filled by nobody as unless i have missed a story, i have not seen us linked with another first team striker.

What slot ? We have Watt, Makienok, Vetokele and KAG
  • And now Reza. Tuc should be no where near our squad. He is a massive step backwards
  • I think he could do a job for us.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!