Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• edited August 2015

I think he could do a job for us.

He could make a start by selling a few bloomin programmes.
  • Only saw Tucudean play twice. Both times he scored and he looked like he had potential. Especially against Derby. I read what people have said about him and can see what they are getting at as he is not always clinical with passes and the highlights I've watched on the player show he missed some sitters, but with the right management he could develop. Not concerned that he is back. If he plays with the right attitude and doesn't rock the boat I think it's a useful other option. But wouldn't put him ahead of Watt, Vetokele, makienok or KAG.
  • wmcf123 said:

I would have Tucudean back in the squad, not as a regular starter but like Reza, showed some flashes of quality & we are already paying his wages, better then having that slot filled by nobody as unless i have missed a story, i have not seen us linked with another first team striker.

What slot ? We have Watt, Makienok, Vetokele and KAG
    I got the impression KAG did not look ready to be a regular starter at this level last Saturday and obviously hope i am wrong but Vetokele has that feel of the next player us fans say, would have been a fantastic player for us if it was not for the injuries.

My point simply is that i don't think Tucudean is quite as useless as some believe and our failings last season was a squad too small, so quite happy for him to be given a chance to impress Luzon like Reza seems to be taking as we are already paying his wages and i have not got the impression we are looking at any other centre forwards anyway.
  • I'd be happy if we could loan Tucudean out until Xmas to any Championship or L1 club. He's a decent player who needs games. But it may be more of a case that the club has made up it's mind and will try to offload him abroad. Why not to St Truiden? They play at a good level.
  • Would rather give KAG a chance than let Tucudean risk another Millwall moment.
  • Simonsen said:

I'd be happy if we could loan Tucudean out until Xmas to any Championship or L1 club. He's a decent player who needs games. But it may be more of a case that the club has made up it's mind and will try to offload him abroad. Why not to St Truiden? They play at a good level.

It was rumoured he was coming back and would then be loaned to St Truiden. So it's quite likely.
  • Don't even know if this is relevant by now, but Henry is currently playing for wolves against hull. It's probably pretty fair to say that the ship has sailed on that one.
  • Need a left sided winger who is as comfortable on the ball as Gudmunsson
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2015
    Henry looks really good. He says he wants to come back south. Wolves won't want to lose him for nothing next summer. Just give them what they want (which we could have done for c700k if rumours are to be believed which would have been well worth it). Just what we need so get it over the line. He is switching sides - imagine him switching with JBG.
  • The 45 minutes George had in the 2nd half against Cardiff were Superb if not only Igor but Johann also miss chances plus George hit the post and had another cleared off the line. every flick and overhead went to a CAFC player.
    so 45 mins against Cardiff, Derby, and the 90 against Bolton when he led the attack on his own when Igor was out, were the highlights.
    The problem was every away game i saw him play he was sub standard, plus too many other poor games at home too.
    One of the more baffling players to have worn the shirt over the years.
  • I think George gets far too much abuse for that Millwall miss. It wasn't even the worst miss ever, he just tried to overplay and ran out of space. Seems to be the only thing some people can say about George even though he scored some decent goals in not too many appearances. George's best performance was against Cardiff, a match where Igor was put clean through on goal and spaffed it over in the last minute with one of the worst misses I've seen from a striker. People don't seem to worry about that one though. I wonder if you reversed the games - had Igor miss against Millwall - it would change people's views on George or if he just doesn't get the same amount of leeway as Igor.

They probably don't worry about that miss because we know Igor can consistently score goals in The Championship. Tucudean isn't good enough.
  • The 45 minutes George had in the 2nd half against Cardiff were Superb if not only Igor but Johann also miss chances plus George hit the post and had another cleared off the line. every flick and overhead went to a CAFC player.
    so 45 mins against Cardiff, Derby, and the 90 against Bolton when he led the attack on his own when Igor was out, were the highlights.
    The problem was every away game i saw him play he was sub standard, plus too many other poor games at home too.
    One of the more baffling players to have worn the shirt over the years.

Wenger says that it takes a season for overseas players to get used to the premiership. I know that we are in the Championship, but we seem to give some of our overseas players only one or two games, and then decide they are rubbish.

George had been playing in some sub-standard leagues prior to joining us, but we expected him to be an instant world beater. I wonder if it was more to do with the fact he came from the network that is the problem.
  • Both the Sunday mirror and the People saying we are about to sign Brad Jones! Bit behind, are they just picking up on Mr Cawleys reports
  • edited August 2015
    Henry just scored for Wolves
  • edited August 2015
    uie2 said:

Both the Sunday mirror and the People saying we are about to sign Brad Jones! Bit behind, are they just picking up on Mr Cawleys reports

i read in there the other day we're looking at signing a johnnie jackson from notts county on loan for left back cover. Don't really rate him myself, another pointless loan signing that won't last.
  • uie2 said:

Both the Sunday mirror and the People saying we are about to sign Brad Jones! Bit behind, are they just picking up on Mr Cawleys reports

i read in there the other day we're looking at signing a johnnie jackson from notts county on loan for left back cover. Don't really rate him myself, another pointless loan signing that won't last.
    Oh christ not him... One good goal against us for Spurs all them years ago and nothing since
  • uie2 said:

Very pacy but got nothing else
  • Sponsored links:

• He can be the new scapegoat . I reckon Colin will like him .
  • edited August 2015
    I have an idea ?
    It's very radical ?
    How about we don't have a scapegoat this season and we get behind all the players, you are allowed to point out their faults but if Guy picks them even like on Saturday when he picked Ceballos for a tough away game when i thought he might wait for a home game to play him in his 1st champ game.
    We Trust Luzon now and with his lets try to win every game attitude, back him, whether we win lose or draw. Guy is now in Credit, he should have 100% support from the supporters now.

Leave you with a rumour, the attacking goal scoring midfielder ?
    i said about this lad when he was at Gateshead after he was released from Newcastle ?

Marcus Maddison who is only 21 and scored another 2 goals for Peterborough.
    they have a great record for bringing players through to play in the Prem or championship.

• Wolves manager been quoted as saying he doesn't expect any more ins or outs this window.
  • I have an idea ?
    It's very radical ?
    How about we don't have a scapegoat this season and we get behind all the players, you are allowed to point out their faults but if Guy picks them even like on Saturday when he picked Ceballos for a tough away game when i thought he might wait for a home game to play him in his 1st champ game.
    We Trust Luzon now and with his lets try to win every game attitude, back him, whether we win lose or draw. Guy is now in Credit, he should have 100% support from the supporters now.

Leave you with a rumour, the attacking goal scoring midfielder ?
    i said about this lad when he was at Gateshead after he was released from Newcastle ?

Marcus Maddison who is only 21 and scored another 2 goals for Peterborough.
    they have a great record for bringing players through to play in the Prem or championship.

In terms of your first idea... I'd like to welcome you to CharltonLife, it appears as though you've never been here before in terms of scapegoats ;)

Marcus Maddison wouldnt be a bad idea but Peterborough would probably want about £10m for him, I know they want to keep their best players but they've got the most over inflated idea of their players than any other player out there... Aaron McLean / Dwight Gayle / Craig Mackail-Smith were all supposed to light up the Premier League and go on to play for England according to their Chairman after they'd been sold
  • colin1961 said:

Wolves manager been quoted as saying he doesn't expect any more ins or outs this window.

Unless someone offers the price they want
    You could say that about any player at any team. If someone offered us £25 million for Tony Watt he'd be gone
  • If we do sign Henry I can't see it happening until after we play Wolves on the 29th, it will properly be a deadline job.

I bet he signs tomorrow now
  • Now looks like Jones might be going Bradford City .
  • Twitter romours that Jones has turned up down and is going to Bradford. Apparently not happy about being a bench warmer.
  • Gorgeous George coming back has probably knocked our wage budget a bit. Of all the positions I'd sign now it'd be a RB/CB cover. With Ceballos and Cousins we have cover on the wings at a push, and Pope has done well enough. Haven't heard any rumours for the defense position though
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!