Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• dickplumb said:

He is a free agent I believe.

he is
  • Dum Plick
  • Makes you wonder just how bad Henderson's injury is

He had an operation on his other shoulder (not last season's) and earliest he will be back is September 12th.

He had an operation on his other shoulder (not last season's) and earliest he will be back is September 12th.
    Ill believe that when I see it.

• Cawley on the ball as normal I see
  • Cawley on the ball as normal I see

Known as Colin to his friends

Heard it was months rather than weeks.

Luzon said a month
  • Sponsored links:

• i can't believe no-one has mentioned his wife yet!!!

Dani Lawrence

You're welcome.
  • Never been impressed with jones when he was at boro or the few games I saw him play for Liverpool, always looked very flappy. Hope he does a job for us ofc if he gets a chance, he must have something about him if Liverpool kept him for this long.
  • mr.se7 said:

i can't believe no-one has mentioned his wife yet!!!

Dani Lawrence

You're welcome.

Shamefully my first thought.

Luzon said a month

I'll be amazed if we see Henderson before mid October earliest.

• October is "a" month.
  • Great signing in my eyes
  • Do we think he'll be in ahead of Pope?
  • edited August 2015
    cabbles said:

Do we think he'll be in ahead of Pope?

Well. The suggestion is that in four weeks Jones would be third choice. I don't see it myself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Brad Jones is meant to be this experienced goalie but has played 112 games in 15 years. Only about 25 more than Pope.

Suggests to me Hendo's injury is worse than initially thought
  • Suggests to me he cannot be relied upon to stay injury free.
  • My feeling is the more good players we sign, the better.
  • Henderson had only made 101 appearances when he came to us, obviously different age to Jones but I really don't think it matters on appearances.
  • ....would you prefer Stuart Taylor
  • colin1961 said:

Brad Jones set to sign on a free transfer
    Source Twitter

Genuine thanks Colin, first to report it back on here this time!

Could be a tasty bit of business, decent back up to Hendo but not sure how he'd compare to Pope.
  • Jones apparently turned down Bristol City earlier in the summer - and was also linked with West Brom and Forest.

You do wonder where in the order Pope will be when Henderson is back. Guess his performances between now and the international break will determine that.

http://www.90min.com/posts/2366153-ex-liverpool-goalkeeper-brad-jones-turns-down-bristol-city-approach
  • Liverpool fans don't seem to rate him but he is experienced backup and probably won't mind being backup to Pope as much as someone younger might. I don't think it reflects the seriousness of hendersons injury. We needed cover now in case Pope also got an injury. Not a bad move
  • Madz said:

Liverpool fans don't seem to rate him but he is experienced backup and probably won't mind being backup to Pope as much as someone younger might. I don't think it reflects the seriousness of hendersons injury. We needed cover now in case Pope also got an injury. Not a bad move

Liverpool have slightly higher standards than us tbf.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!