Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Another transfer rumours thread hits the skids...

New thread?

Yeah well I chucked a rumour up about Brad Jones that got zero response so, if you can't beat em....
    Plus there's some proper numpties spouting rubbish about Jackson that (IMO) should be questioned.

• Turnstile operator? Then he'll have had the reverse career path of Robert Lee.

Surely with the wonderful new system we no longer need Turnstile operators?
  • ozaddick said:

Valley11 said:

Another transfer rumours thread hits the skids...

New thread?

Yeah well I chucked a rumour up about Brad Jones that got zero response so, if you can't beat em....
    Plus there's some proper numpties spouting rubbish about Jackson that (IMO) should be questioned.
    I'll help you out valley11..
    Highly rated keeper, I would think he'd challenge Henderson for the #1 jersey. Not too sure what happened, as in falling out of favour at Liverpool but when he was on his game he is a great keeper. Young enough for resale down the track, ticks a lot of boxes for us I'd say.
    All true mate. But it won't happen. Because there's no way he will take the pay cut necessary for us to give him a deal.
  • edited August 2015
    Valley11 said:

Having seen the Jackson weirdness for a few seasons, I thought it time to speak up.
    There's some proper plumbs on here.
    I really, honestly, can't understand why Jackson isn't seen as a hero to every Charlton supporter. And that's not just the johnny come lately Premier League brigade.
    A guy who scored almost fifty goals in almost 200 games (that's 1 in 4 for a midfielder, for the proper knuckle draggers), who is loved by both the players and management and who respects the fans.
    To me he's up there with Kinsella, Robbo and Kiely.

At which bit from the point I suggested I think JJ will go out on loan to here do you think there has been 'JJ weirdness'

My original point was that I think his desire to play and this possibly being one of his last seasons, might want to see him get as much game time as possible, which might have to be elsewhere. I agree with your stance that you put him in the same bracket as Robbo, Kiely and Kinsella based on everything he's done. Someone also made a very good point earlier about the lack of cover we have in those spaces at CM.

My rationale was that if we have a good central midfielder like Cousins starting out on the left again as he did against QPR, with Kashi looking as good as he did and Ba being a new addition, plus the fact JJ didn't even come on as sub on Saturday, could mean he won't play much.

Which then led me to think would the player himself want to sit on the bench given the stage he's at in his career? He may get game time here, I just don't think he will.

We saw Morro go last season, he was a first team regular and we lacked cover in those areas. JJ might be perceived as different given his longer history and that he is the club captain, but then again he might not.

Do I want him to go, no. I think he'd be instrumental in helping the wider team from his role as sub, both on and off the pitch.

Off the back of my comment Colin mentioned he'll go on a free in Jan which again isn't an unreasonable comment to make, we just don't know.

The reason I put this comment here rather than a separate thread was that I was at work, the thought popped into my head, didn't have time/couldn't be bothered to search for the 'come in no4 your time is up thread'. Thought I would chuck it in here.

Also I genuinely don't see why a differing opinion of how long JJ may have left here be emphasised with his goals to games ratio and a reference to knuckle draggers. Not necessary. These are just people's opinions. They may be right, they may be wrong. You don't agree with it and that's fine. Thinking JJ might/should/could move on doesn't make someone a knuckle dragger
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Sacking debacle ???

sacking a manager before a quarter final of a major competition, then 24 hours later hiring your mate with relatively no managerial experience to replace him, if i was in the playing staff i would've thought "fuck this". Jacko i'm led to believe made sure riga felt settled as quickly as possible and made sure he and the rest of the senior players led the team to stay together to keep the club up.
    Think you are doing a massive disservice to Riga here.
    Of course, but come on, when he was appointed most of us were putting our heads in our hands thinking that we were just a plaything for an eccentric Belgian multi millionaire who liked hiring his mates. Imagine being on the playing staff then. Was the most bonkers time, just beats out les reeds reign as the most bizarre time to be a charlton fan.
  • The team not trying is a bit of a myth.

Yes we lost and yes we were all pissed off at missing our best chance of visiting the new Wembley but to say the players weren't trying is silly.

I distinctly remember Harriott spurning a great chance at 0-0. Had that gone, I reckon the story of that early afternoon might have been different.

If that was trying, no wonder RD has shipped as many of them out as possible!
  • colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

"Sam, your sacked mate, but if you could just finish off the project due in on Friday, there's a good lad"

Av a laugh

He was sacked after the game ... The reaction of the fans towards him , bottom of the table, our awful performances and style of play the board saw he had lost the fans and acted .... Only a shame that the previous owners did not have the balls to do and left it to RD to do who took the flack for making the right decision
    sorry, but that is total bullshit
    Was you at Sheff ....... When he walked towards the away end he knew how the fans felt he quickly turned and went back to the tunnel
    I was there and think you're reinventing history Colin.
    I was there, and that was absolutely the last straw for me. Powell had to go. I do not believe history is being reinvented by any stretch, perhaps you are just more patient than some of us?

Perhaps. We were all angry but I don't recall any anti-Powell feeling in the away end. Wigan away that year was the closest I got to thinking Powell had to go.

• So they turned up and had a bit of a jolly when a match at Wembley was on offer?

The players weren't up to scratch. Our strikeforce was Church and Tudgay ffs.

I agree that we had some poor players. Poor players that improved just enough to avoid relegation after a change in manager. Let's resurrect the post match thread if this is to be debated further.

I am just saying that some opinions and some facts should not be dismissed as 'rewriting history' or 'total bullshit' just because posted by a particular poster

• colin1961 said:

"Sam, your sacked mate, but if you could just finish off the project due in on Friday, there's a good lad"

Av a laugh

He was sacked after the game ... The reaction of the fans towards him , bottom of the table, our awful performances and style of play the board saw he had lost the fans and acted .... Only a shame that the previous owners did not have the balls to do and left it to RD to do who took the flack for making the right decision
    sorry, but that is total bullshit

What else do you really expect?

I found this pic of Colin on here recently :trollface:
  • colin1961 said:

Av a laugh

Ahahaha, yeah, those previous owners eh. The only thing stopping them from sacking a manager who had won L1 with a record points total, finished 9th in the Championship the next season and kept the team competitive with zero investment was their knees knocking against each other with fear. Come on Colin.

No, they couldn't afford to.

• Sponsored links:

• FFS. Please note.

More this now Clem
  • So they turned up and had a bit of a jolly when a match at Wembley was on offer?

I agree that we had some poor players. Poor players that improved just enough to avoid relegation after a change in manager. Let's resurrect the post match thread if this is to be debated further.

I am just saying that some opinions and some facts should not be dismissed as 'rewriting history' or 'total bullshit' just because posted by a particular poster
    Resurrect away, I personally loved CP but knew he had to go when he wasn't allowed to select the players he wanted to.

That season was rescued by Johnnie Jackson, Marvin Sordell, Callum Harriott, Diego Poyet, Astrit Ajderavic and as much as some won't like it Reza Ghoochannejhad.

They all scored important goals that won games in the final weeks of the season.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to say we wouldn't have stayed up if Powell had stayed.

The importance of staying up dawned on players that were good enough but were disillusioned by goings on at the club and a few emergency signings plugged gaps.

• colin1961 said:

Av a laugh

Ahahaha, yeah, those previous owners eh. The only thing stopping them from sacking a manager who had won L1 with a record points total, finished 9th in the Championship the next season and kept the team competitive with zero investment was their knees knocking against each other with fear. Come on Colin.

Of course, because Chris Powell was going to take the club to the cleaners wasn't he
  • Record
    L L D W D L L L D D W D W L L W L L D L D W D D L L L L W L D D W L W L W L W L L D W L W W
    League Position
    16 21 20 17 17 17 20 20 20 21 19 19 17 19 21 17 20 21 21 21 21 19 19 19 21 22 22 22 22 22 24 22 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 18 19 18 18
  • colin1961 said:

Av a laugh

Of course, because Chris Powell was going to take the club to the cleaners wasn't he

Would have been due compensation. We couldn't even pay the milkman let alone a football manager's payoff! Why spend that money yourself when serious buyers are looking to take the problem off your hands.

• Dazzler21 said:

So they turned up and had a bit of a jolly when a match at Wembley was on offer?

Resurrect away, I personally loved CP but knew he had to go when he wasn't allowed to select the players he wanted to.

That season was rescued by Johnnie Jackson, Marvin Sordell, Callum Harriott, Diego Poyet, Astrit Ajderavic and as much as some won't like it Reza Ghoochannejhad.

They all scored important goals that won games in the final weeks of the season.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to say we wouldn't have stayed up if Powell had stayed.

The importance of staying up dawned on players that were good enough but were disillusioned by goings on at the club and a few emergency signings plugged gaps.

Not saying we would def have been relegated under Powell (I believe we would) . Again all I am saying, is one poster cannot be pulled up on absolutely everything he says JUST because it is him
  • So I heard a rumour this was a rumour thread. But having seen no rumours recently on it perhaps I was mistaken...
  • I think, sadly, its fairly likely that he will be given the boot at Huddersfield soon, and we can then all spend weeks and weeks arguing about having him back, just for the sake of variety!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!