Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Kashi's efforts and enthusiasm will see him pick up suspensions, if Jackson goes who would take that spot on the bench cos even if Ceballos is ahead of him too, thats still a spot we're missing.

We may have players who are good enough for the Squad yet cant make the bench but isnt that what we want, isnt that where our weakness has been these last few years?
  • I've always thought Leon Best was shite

He has the talent, even had a purple patch in the prem with Newcastle a few seasons back. Just rarely seems arsed to put himself about, which is a shame as that's his real strength.
  • edited August 2015
    I'm not disagreeing with anything anyone has said above re: Jacko. I just think he'll want to get game time and ask for a loan. I'm not saying we won't miss him, not saying he can't add to our game both on and off the pitch, just wouldn't be surprised if his desire to play and make the most of his last few seasons were a priority for him

• AA is a 10 not a CM so comparisons with Jacko are pointless, AA was one of the most technically gifted players we have had in the last 10 seasons and I would not mind him back

Most technically gifted! You have to be joking.
    Who would you say has been more technically gifted in the last ten years? Genuinely interested, your shock seems to imply you can think of loads and loads. There's Andy Reid, Jerome Thomas if you're feeling generous and Darren Ambrose if you're feeling like a debate but other than that I'm struggling
    Not forgetting a certain JBG. Still, I agree, Astrit was one of our more technically gifted players.
  • colin1961 said:

Shef utd debacle ???

Fixed it
  • Sponsored links:

• If Jackson leaves, who the **** is going to deliver the S/T's ?

Lawrie Wilson
  • colin1961 said:

every duchatelet debacle ???

Fixed it
  • Wasn't he sacked after Sheffield United?
  • edited August 2015
    Jacko still has a big role to play for the club, not least as one of the very few genuinely experienced players we have - unless I'm forgetting someone, isn't it just him and Diarra left that are north of 30 now?

He will likely have to settle for more of a bit part role, initially at least, but Jacko has been written off before only to go on and confound his critics and he is still an excellent pro and of tough enough character that there might prove to be life left in the old dog yet.

That said, the scenario put forward by Colin is not that far fetched. If he has been restricted to a handful of appearances by Christmas he may feel he wants to move on and play football. I'm sure it would be a wretch for him as I think he found a good home for himself here but given he is probably one of our best ever captains, taking into account his on field and off field actions, the club would be hard pressed to justify standing in his way and he still has plenty to offer the right club so I'm sure he could find a new team without too much trouble.
  • yet another thread that is now way off topic,,,,,,,,,,
  • Hmm, some people on here have a very strange definition of a rumour!
  • Sponsored links:

Well current transfer rumors anyway... Lots of rumour and conjecture on past events but what would CL be without such frippery and gay banter?
  • Exactly - but some want to disagree with Colin because he is Colin. Seriously - if Colin said our pitch was green, a few on here would vigorously claim it is purple.

Only if Colin presented it as some sort of scoop

Rumour is that Powell was sacked before the game at Sheff Utd and not sacked because of his balls up at Sheff Utd
  • Another transfer rumours thread hits the skids...

New thread?
  • It's definitely a rumour that Powell was sacked before the QTR final, as I am sure I saw him there maybe RD is the devil incarnate and it was all an illusion

Arghhhhhhhhhh run run run
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!