Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Add Murphy to that list.

Macronate said:

Jensen.

Those two are a given but from the comment the last few years I think NLA was implying post Premier League Years and saying that since players of that calibre AA is one of the most technically gifted we have had.

• AA is a 10 not a CM so comparisons with Jacko are pointless, AA was one of the most technically gifted players we have had in the last 10 seasons and I would not mind him back

Most technically gifted! You have to be joking.
    Who would you say has been more technically gifted in the last ten years? Genuinely interested, your shock seems to imply you can think of loads and loads. There's Andy Reid, Jerome Thomas if you're feeling generous and Darren Ambrose if you're feeling like a debate but other than that I'm struggling
    Reid
    Todarov
    Buyens
    Kermorgant
    Poyet
    Gomez
    Ambrose

Off the top of my head.

AA was ok, nothing more, when on the ball, terrible when off it.
    Don't think off the ball comes into technical ability though, and technical ability is what's got AA through the game. Also, Todorov? Don't remember him ever showing much in the way of exceptional technical ability, but then it's not like he had much of a chance to show it

• AA is a 10 not a CM so comparisons with Jacko are pointless, AA was one of the most technically gifted players we have had in the last 10 seasons and I would not mind him back

M2ost technically gifted! You have to be joking.
    Who would you say has been more technically gifted in the last ten years? Genuinely interested, your shock seems to imply you can think of loads and loads. There's Andy Reid, Jerome Thomas if you're feeling generous and Darren Ambrose if you're feeling like a debate but other than that I'm struggling
    Reid
    Todarov
    Buyens
    Kermorgant
    Poyet
    Gomez
    Ambrose

Off the top of my head.

AA was ok, nothing more, when on the ball, terrible when off it.
    Don't think off the ball comes into technical ability though, and technical ability is what's got AA through the game. Also, Todorov? Don't remember him ever showing much in the way of exceptional technical ability, but then it's not like he had much of a chance to show it
    Watch toddy glide past the palace defenders at Selhurst.

Very gifted player.
  • Todorov, the difference between bouncing back into the big time and slipping into league 1 IMO
  • Todorov had obvious class on the ball but was clearly not very mobile or particularly strong. Needed a nippy striker next to him and all we had in that regard was izale mcloud.
  • Since the first season after we got relegated aa had bags more technical ability I meant, he was a shining light in some seriously dull times
  • Macronate said:

Jensen.

Definitely. Left in 2004 though. I think that's what Scoham was getting at; we had some quality when we were an established Prem team but since then we've had workmanlike players and cloggers. AA was a nice change when he wasn't on his fag break
    Claus Jensen liked his fag breaks too.
  • Remind me what the rumour is or was.
  • PL54 said:

Remind me what the rumour is or was.

Remember when we were linked with Sarr/Bauer/Makinenok/Bergdich/Ceballos/Ba/Kashi and then signed them? Just reminding you

• cafcfan said:

Riscardo said:

we

Apparently Leon Best was at the game tonight. Not sure if he joined anyone after being released by Blackburn.

Weird that one because I saw a bloke I recognised but didn't know from where, now i realise it was Leon best
    Really? I thought I spotted Jon Fortune, who has connections with both clubs - they are not too dissimilar.
    Fortune was there, as was Leon Best.

Without this becoming a who's who of random footballer's in attendance - I am sure that Leon Best was sat with Fitz Hall. A quick google would suggest he has as good as retired so maybe they're mates with someone playing and were simply there to watch?
  • Sponsored links:

• was it Leon best who turned us down a few years ago because he didn't want to move his young family from Lancashire?
  • craigcafc said:

cafcfan said:

Riscardo said:

we

Apparently Leon Best was at the game tonight. Not sure if he joined anyone after being released by Blackburn.

Weird that one because I saw a bloke I recognised but didn't know from where, now i realise it was Leon best
    Really? I thought I spotted Jon Fortune, who has connections with both clubs - they are not too dissimilar.
    Fortune was there, as was Leon Best.

Without this becoming a who's who of random footballer's in attendance - I am sure that Leon Best was sat with Fitz Hall. A quick google would suggest he has as good as retired so maybe they're mates with someone playing and were simply there to watch?
    Best and Hall would have been mates from their Newcastle spell I would guess. Best will rarely be down in London if he lives in Lancashire with his family, and cant see him travelling all the way down to London for Charlton v Dagenham for any other reason other than he is meeting with the club.

Maybe took the time to catch up with an old London based friend?
  • Not a rumour but a prediction. JJ will go out on loan. Just get the feeling his game time will be limited. He knows that, is in the later years of his career and I think he'll want to get as many minutes as possible.
  • Glad both seemed to have signed!! Welcome to both.
  • They must be chuffed
  • Apparently Leon Best was at the game tonight. Not sure if he joined anyone after being released by Blackburn.

Sorry Clem, the Charlton team of the last 2 games have moved a long way from the likes of Leon Best...
    More chance of him joining daggers.

• cabbles said:

Not a rumour but a prediction. JJ will go out on loan. Just get the feeling his game time will be limited. He knows that, is in the later years of his career and I think he'll want to get as many minutes as possible.

Not a chance in hell. Far too important a character around the training ground and dressing room.

I agree he won't get a lot of game time but sometimes players bring more to the table than that.

I agree although I am not sure Jacko will settle for being a bench warmer
  • Sponsored links:

• http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-crewe-alexandra-u21s-report-2613568.aspx

Not a rumour but confirmation that Staunton and Aribo who we had on trial during preseason have signed and both turned out for the u21s...

Euell said he thought Aribo could get into the first team squad this season so we might possibly see him on the bench at some point this year... especially if we don't get another winger in...

Disappointed we didn't sign Sinclair as well! He seemed to have something about him.

does that confirm they have signed? can they not turn out for the U-21's as triallists?

• Has anyone ever seen Reza and Manish in the same room?
  • http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-crewe-alexandra-u21s-report-2613568.aspx

Not a rumour but confirmation that Staunton and Aribo who we had on trial during preseason have signed and both turned out for the u21s...

Euell said he thought Aribo could get into the first team squad this season so we might possibly see him on the bench at some point this year... especially if we don't get another winger in...

Disappointed we didn't sign Sinclair as well! He seemed to have something about him.

does that confirm they have signed? can they not turn out for the U-21's as triallists?

That's a good point! I hadn't Thought of that.. I suppose it is possible and I haven't seen anything on the OS about them signing so I guess we don't know...
  • PL54 said:

Remind me what the rumour is or was.

That game is now over ... ;-)

They could but Staunton was confirmed in the handbook. Guess Aribo could still be on trial though.
  • colin1961 said:

cabbles said:

Not a rumour but a prediction. JJ will go out on loan. Just get the feeling his game time will be limited. He knows that, is in the later years of his career and I think he'll want to get as many minutes as possible.

Free transfer come Jan ...
    shirty5 said:

colin1961 said:

cabbles said:

Free transfer come Jan ...
    Grow up man
    It actually wouldn't surprise me, a la Morrison. Duchatelet doesn't like paying players who aren't playing, that's been quite evident.

Can't believe I just agreed with Colin...
  • colin1961 said:

My point is Jackson is only going to play cup matches he is not going to dis lodge Cousins Ba or Kashi in mid ..... He himself will most likely come jan want to play more games so I expect S a gesture for his service to the club they will let him go on a free

And a loan before that imo
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!