Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Astrid was a slower version of JJ. Why would we need to sign him when JJ is not getting much game time and is basically better (still)?
  • Astrid was a slower version of JJ.

Exactly. And thats saying something.
  • Going by what I saw. You may have seen something different but I know there were others saw AA as i did. Thats what makes opinions fascinating (but not nonsense).
  • Going by what I saw. You may have seen something different but I know there were others saw AA as i did. Thats what makes opinions fascinating (but not nonsense).

Nothing sums up the difference between Adjarevic and Jackson better than Jacko's goal against QPR. You wouldn't see present day Jackson hitting a curling long range shot of such quality in open play like AA did to win the corner and you'd never see AA throwing himself into a brave header like Jacko did for the goal. I really don't understand how you could see a creative but lazy number 10 as the same as a battling central midfielder who can fill in at left back.

• AA is a 10 not a CM so comparisons with Jacko are pointless, AA was one of the most technically gifted players we have had in the last 10 seasons and I would not mind him back
  • I reckon AA is a lot fitter now than he was when with us.
  • Astrid was a slower version of JJ. Why would we need to sign him when JJ is not getting much game time and is basically better (still)?

Much more skillful than JJ
  • It was well reported that AA had a troublesome chest infection during his time with us which affected his mobility.
  • Swisdom said:

I'd have Ajdarevic in a heartbeat. Technically gifted player. Can play Left mid, centre mid, attacking centre mid, second striker.

On a free transfer makes him a great option.

With other people there to do the running around in the middle and Astrit splitting defences alongside Jbg he'd be a bloody great other option

He is just too unfit. Astrid would spend more time splitting open a bargain bucket than opposition defences.
    I really don't know why some on here speak about AA as if he was morbidly obese. The player I met at last year's kit sponsor's evening was a very fit young man. If he was carrying any excess weight, god knows where he hid it! I too, would like to have him back.

• Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

I'd have Ajdarevic in a heartbeat. Technically gifted player. Can play Left mid, centre mid, attacking centre mid, second striker.

On a free transfer makes him a great option.

With other people there to do the running around in the middle and Astrit splitting defences alongside Jbg he'd be a bloody great other option

He is just too unfit. Astrid would spend more time splitting open a bargain bucket than opposition defences.
    I really don't know why some on here speak about AA as if he was morbidly obese. The player I met at last year's kit sponsor's evening was a very fit young man. If he was carrying any excess weight, god knows where he hid it! I too, would like to have him back.

Ok - he wasn't fat.

Maybe more time splitting open a pack of Benson 's would be more apt....
  • Apparently Leon Best was at the game tonight. Not sure if he joined anyone after being released by Blackburn.
  • edited August 2015
    sam3110 said:

Barclays have been showcasing walking football in their latest adverts, perhaps Astrit can be an ambassador for the sport?

He would have to significantly speed up.
  • we

Apparently Leon Best was at the game tonight. Not sure if he joined anyone after being released by Blackburn.

Weird that one because I saw a bloke I recognised but didn't know from where, now i realise it was Leon best
  • Riscardo said:

we

Apparently Leon Best was at the game tonight. Not sure if he joined anyone after being released by Blackburn.

Weird that one because I saw a bloke I recognised but didn't know from where, now i realise it was Leon best
    not sure he's upto scratch to be honest, more of a physical hold up CF which is not needed with Makienok
  • Don't see Luzon taking anyone that's not been either scouted or training with us.
  • Riscardo said:

we

Really? I thought I spotted Jon Fortune, who has connections with both clubs - they are not too dissimilar.
  • Sponsored links:

• AA is a 10 not a CM so comparisons with Jacko are pointless, AA was one of the most technically gifted players we have had in the last 10 seasons and I would not mind him back

Most technically gifted! You have to be joking.
  • Scoham said:

AA is a 10 not a CM so comparisons with Jacko are pointless, AA was one of the most technically gifted players we have had in the last 10 seasons and I would not mind him back

What type of player did you see him as? He had a good touch, was comfortable on the ball, a decent shot from long range and could pick a pass.
    Yes, that defines technically gifted.

Who would you say has been more technically gifted in the last ten years? Genuinely interested, your shock seems to imply you can think of loads and loads. There's Andy Reid, Jerome Thomas if you're feeling generous and Darren Ambrose if you're feeling like a debate but other than that I'm struggling
  • Brad Jones - ex Liverpool and Boro keeper - training with us, according to a (probably) spotty teenager on Facebook. Still, it's a rumour.
  • Add Murphy to that list.
  • Macronate said:

Jensen.

Definitely. Left in 2004 though. I think that's what Scoham was getting at; we had some quality when we were an established Prem team but since then we've had workmanlike players and cloggers. AA was a nice change when he wasn't on his fag break
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!