Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Valley11 said:

Having seen the Jackson weirdness for a few seasons, I thought it time to speak up.
    There's some proper plumbs on here.
    I really, honestly, can't understand why Jackson isn't seen as a hero to every Charlton supporter. And that's not just the johnny come lately Premier League brigade.
    A guy who scored almost fifty goals in almost 200 games (that's 1 in 4 for a midfielder, for the proper knuckle draggers), who is loved by both the players and management and who respects the fans.
    To me he's up there with Kinsella, Robbo and Kiely.

spot on.

He isn't first choice any more and shouldn't be but 100% one of the few Charlton players in recent years that can be considered a Charlton legend. I would love it if he gets to 50 goals but cant see it, I was gutted when he hit the bar on Tuesday. I hope that we can find an off field role for him
  • Halix said:

I think, sadly, its fairly likely that he will be given the boot at Huddersfield soon, and we can then all spend weeks and weeks arguing about having him back, just for the sake of variety!

I think they'll go down this year. Not a great squad there. I wonder if we could pinch Nakhi Wells from them. Sod it, I'm making that a rumour to get this thread back on track.
  • Isn't this the rumours thread? For a moment I thought I was on the moaning bitches thread.
  • A rumour? Something's not right...
  • matt88 said:

We've bid for jodi jones says cawley on twitter. With obileye set to be going the other way in any deal.

Loan or permanent?
  • matt88 said:

We've bid for jodi jones says cawley on twitter. With obileye set to be going the other way in any deal.

Guessing this isn't instead of James Henry. You can't go from bringing in a Championship proven winger from a play off rival, to a 17 year old untested above 9 games for Dagenham.
  • Is there anyway to ban people from different threads? It's always the same lot that take a thread miles off topic. Back to rumours.
  • matt88 said:

Jodi Jones was more impressive in the friendly at Daggers than the other night,
    but the fact that a championship full back Fox, had a 17 year old League 2
    Winger in his pocket should not diminish the fact, the boy's got talent.
    would make us feel like Chelsea if we bought a player then loaned him out for a year. :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• matt88 said:

would make us feel like Chelsea if we bought a player then loaned him out for a year. :smile:

You mean like nego, polish Pete, reza etc
  • Well done Matt . Gets this thread back on track instead of all the bellyaching about the past.
  • I thought he looked decent for Dagenham on Tuesday. Very little support around him which makes a big difference as he was often left isolated. At 17, a good prospect and would be a good addition to the squad.
  • matt88 said:

I read this as Joey Jones....that would be some rumour......
  • matt88 said:

You mean like nego, polish Pete, reza etc
    The difference is there weren't 27 scouts watching them,
    including premier scouts ? or was there ?

• Is there anyway to ban people from different threads? It's always the same lot that take a thread miles off topic. Back to rumours.

I think there's now as many comments moaning about how there aren't any rumours or it's gone off topic as there are off-topic comments. It's a self-perpetuating cycle. Look, I've just added to it!
  • edited August 2015
    matt88 said:

The lad's girlfriend will be upset when she hears that rumour !

• edited August 2015
    First player this window that we've been linked with that I genuinely hope doesn't happen.

Not impressed in either game I've seen him in.

Won't be anywhere near the first team (IMO a wide man that is going to be an improvement on what we already have is more urgent).

Oh yeah, and he has a stupid hair cut.
  • Exclusive: Charlton bid for Dagenham winger
    Thursday, 13 August 2015 By Richard Cawley
    CHARLTON have made an offer for Dagenham & Redbridge winger Jodi Jones.
    The South London Press understands that the Addicks - linked recently with the 17-year-old - have stepped up their pursuit of the left-footed youngster.
    Jones played against Charlton in Dagenham’s Capital One Cup defeat on Tuesday night.
    The Addicks are set to include Ayo Obileye in the deal. The young defender impressed on loan for the Daggers last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldn't have a problem with him going into the U21 set-up, and with league experience can be called upon if required.

Im sure being just 17, he will improve.
  • Wouldn't have a problem with him going into the U21 set-up, and with league experience can be called upon if required.

Why would you want to stick him in the u21s when he could easily get experience out in league 2 ?
    Loaning him back after a few weeks would make the most sense

If he's not going to be in the first team squad he would be better off staying on loan with the Daggers and getting League experience.
  • 17 year olds forwards will have games when they are marked out of games,
    It has been the same for Karland at times who is also 17.
    It is slightly easier for talented defenders like Joe Gomez who are negating rather than creating.
  • He would be better coming off the bench and playing left mid... Gives us an extra decent player on the bench instead of just 'fillers'
  • edited August 2015

This is getting Boring.
    There's more repeats on CL than the BBC.
    Don't keep bringing up Sheffield United or NLA will never come back and watch
    another game.
    You don't need to be an expert, like what i'm(get off your soapbox)
    To know that the 2015/16 season JJ won't be in the 1st 11 on current form.
    Jackson misses the buzz of playing and IF and only IF JJ wants to go on loan,
    fair enough.
    I will repeat what i and others have said Jackson was the conduit between the coaches and held this club together when the club were imploding and has been a rock and a Legend. I would give him a new contract but with more coaching included.
    Great captains don't come around very often.

Please may I be the one to tell Jj that he's now considered to be a Rock Legend ?

• I actually thought he looked pretty good on Tuesday night. Young and raw, will improve. Worth a punt.
  • edited August 2015

Is there anyway to ban people from different threads? It's always the same lot that take a thread miles off topic. Back to rumours.

I think there's now as many comments moaning about how there aren't any rumours or it's gone off topic as there are off-topic comments. It's a self-perpetuating cycle. Look, I've just added to it!
    I also enjoy when other posters come in and say something like '226 new posts and not a rumour in them' or something to that accord. Which means they inadvertently make it 227 posts

We're a disgrace as a collective as forum members - we manifest the very problems in human society, playing it out on a virtual level to which there have been numerous psychological studies and papers written on the subject :wink:
  • So would people rather him than someone like James Henry? Surely we need a left winger who can come straight into the starting line up and improve the team.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!