Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Madz said:

Liverpool fans don't seem to rate him but he is experienced backup and probably won't mind being backup to Pope as much as someone younger might. I don't think it reflects the seriousness of hendersons injury. We needed cover now in case Pope also got an injury. Not a bad move

Liverpool fans didn't rate Gomez. Brad Jones was always a decent keeper for Boro.
  • Madz said:

Liverpool fans don't seem to rate him but he is experienced backup and probably won't mind being backup to Pope as much as someone younger might. I don't think it reflects the seriousness of hendersons injury. We needed cover now in case Pope also got an injury. Not a bad move

Liverpool fans didn't rate Gomez. Brad Jones was always a decent keeper for Boro.
    Hang on... are you kidding me or is your Gomez different to Joe who all Liverpool fans I've seen online appear to be raving about?

• Dazzler21 said:

Madz said:

Hang on... are you kidding me or is your Gomez different to Joe who all Liverpool fans I've seen online appear to be raving about?

I meant when they first signed him.
  • We give them Gomez and they give us Brad Jones? Guess they aren't happy with us then.

From what I remember, even Boro fans were shocked he got a better move and Turnbull was always the better prospect for them. Sort of like Elliot and Randolph for us. Suppose he is only short term and hopefully Pope can keep up his start to the season and keep the job ahead of him anyway.
  • Oh so before they had seen him! That makes sense in a weird way, but they've seen Jones play (11 times in 5 years) so think they deserve an opinion.
  • Liverpool fan in the office said he is a bit flappy and bottles going for the ball or commanding his area. Said he will be fine for a back up.
  • robroy said:

Liverpool fan in the office said he is a bit flappy and bottles going for the ball or commanding his area. Said he will be fine for a back up.

He's got all the attributes then....
  • cafctom said:

Plum dick?

Dumb pickl?
  • Got to be a better option than what we have
  • Jones did ok for Liverpool but he wasn't anywhere near the standard of their first choice keepers. He'll be fine for us as a back up
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Oh so before they had seen him! That makes sense in a weird way, but they've seen Jones play (11 times in 5 years) so think they deserve an opinion.

Most of their fans haven't seen 11 games in 5 years.
    Kind of my point. Can't trust fans of big clubs.
  • edited August 2015
    If Brad Jones signs I am pleasantly surprised. In earlier posts I had mentioned the likes of Lee Camp.This is an upgrade in my aspiration Brad did displace Mingolet for a while last season. I doubt he has come to sit on the bench.
  • Simonsen said:

Dazzler21 said:

Oh so before they had seen him! That makes sense in a weird way, but they've seen Jones play (11 times in 5 years) so think they deserve an opinion.

True...apart from John Boy UK (and Piggy) of course.....
    Spurs a big club? ;-)
  • Brad Jones is a very good keeper! Also Hendo hadn't played many games in he's career before joining us
  • Simonsen said:

Dazzler21 said:

True...apart from John Boy UK (and Piggy) of course.....
    Spurs a big club? ;-)
    To put Spurs in the same sentence as Wednesday is a disgrace. We all know most players who dropped down to the championship from the prem only did so to be able to say they played at the Wembley of the North. Hillsborough
  • Ashers said:

The last couple of Liverpool back up keepers we signed didn't turn out too bad for us.

Does that include Tony Warner?
  • My 'Boro mate says staple him to the bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• Forgot about him - an easy thing to do!
  • just read that deandre yedlin from spurs may be available for a loan - could be good right back cover, although he can't play centre back.

just a suggestion really, he could be too good for us but is absolutely rapid and can see him linking up with jbg really well
  • Richard J said:

If Brad Jones signs I am pleasantly surprised. In earlier posts I had mentioned the likes of Lee Camp.This is an upgrade in my aspiration Brad did displace Mingolet for a while last season. I doubt he has come to sit on the bench.

I think Mignolet displaced himself.

Tbf I think Jones would be fine but on ability no better than Hendo.
  • Brad Jones is a better keeper than Nick Pope - would be disappointed if we brought him in just to be a number 2/3.
  • Brad Jones would surely want pretty high wages - maybe too high to 'waste' on a reserve keeper. IF he does come in then it would surely be to challenge for a start. If/when Hendo gets back to fitness Pope may well end up back on loan, which is a shame as he has potential but if TPTB still aren't totally convinced he can make it (if he hasn't already) by now then I guess that's pretty much it for Pope.
  • Rumour is George Tucudean is back training with the club
  • Rumour is George Tucudean is back training with the club

thanks Colin, that was a rumour about a week ago, please keep up ;-))

• Every time I saw george he looked very good at setting Igor up. That back-heal at Rotherham was fantastic
  • Would like to see him with the more attack minded midfielders / manager we have now
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!