Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Colin, you're a comedic genius mate.

Be careful mate you'll have the 'Colin basher' bashers onto you.

Even though he admits to coming on here to wind us up, by deliberately claiming to be ITK, and then watches with pride when the "bullies" get told off by the do gooders.

Calm down everyone. He does it on purpose.
    I'll finish by stating that I actually really enjoy Cols posts. They're part of CL.
    Is that Crap Logic, Bolderhumphreyreid ?

You know him too well Fanny!
  • They made an error in the rounding, it's always been 41
  • Duchatelet is not the long term answer to Charlton Athletic.

is that a rumour?
  • Duchatelet is not the long term answer to Charlton Athletic.

At his age I'd say that was probably true. Even the immortal Doug Ellis had to let go of the Aston Villa reins eventually.
  • yes it is the same Stephens who was named as their MoM in their last game, but this is not a rumour
  • Sponsored links:

• Back to runours please.
  • wmcf123 said:

Southbank said:

Would be happy with pennant for the season & a decent RB if ones available on loan.
    We are a bit thin sure but what we have got is good enough to compete.

Yes,disappointingly like last year,a good first 11 and no depth.Makes you think RD is marking time rather than having a plan for the club.
    Think about the squad we had at the point RD took over the club. Think about the squad now. It's way way better than then and the squad now is way better than the one that finished last season.

If you add into the equation the money spent on The Valley and the impressive plans for Sparrows Lane then I just can't understand the suggestion that RD is marking time. Surely that would imply no progress.

If this current squad can push on from last year then with the same level of commitment and investment next summer I really think we can mount a serious challange.

Is there any evidence to suggest otherwise ?

The sales of Kermorgant, Stephens and Gomez?
    Stephens wouldn't get anywhere near this team. Some technical ability but moved the ball too slowly and hid away when the going was tough
    Is that the same Stephens who has played in all but 4 minutes of the current table topping teams league fixtures this season
    Maybe he's playing better. I use Francis as an example of someone who has played a lot better for his new club . And no, I am not suggesting that Stephens was as poor as Francis for us
  • markmc68 said:

Back to runours please.

Quality album
  • Stephens was just starting to find his rhythm when we sold him and was forming a good partnership with Cousins. To say he wouldn't get anywhere near our team is nonsense. We still haven't got a creative central midfielder who can chip with goals like Stephens does, and has been doing for Brighton this season.
  • It was only about 250k with add ons. TJ would have bitten Villas arms off 2mill upfront. FACT
  • edited September 2015
    not a rumour but SLP says we are NOT offering Pennant a deal
  • so who does GL/RM/KM have in mind????
  • Sponsored links:

• so who does GL/RM/KM have in mind????

I'd guess a loanee from a PL club or maybe there is another free agent out there they are considering?

• Carlton Cole is a free agent.
  • Carlton Cole is a free agent.

Long may he stay so.
    Please do not sign Cant Control.
  • edited September 2015
    Greenie said:

Carlton Cole is a free agent.

Long may he stay so.
    I was going to write "Please do not post, can't punctuate" but then I thought, it's like taking candy from a baby, so I refrained.
  • Greenie said:

Carlton Cole is a free agent.

Long may he stay so.
    I was going to write "Please do not post, can't punctuate" but then I thought, it's like taking candy from a baby, so I refrained.
    Dubious commas.
  • Excellent: experienced, English and cheap
  • Fucking state of it............Bullard looks rough too..... ;o)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!