Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Jesse Lingard going to Bristol City for £2.5m
  • Wiggins gone to Sheff Wed
  • 1.1 MILLION looks .. 'kin terrific ... the Grauniad would kill for circulation figures like this ((:>)
  • edited August 2015
    mart77 said:

Wiggins gone to Sheff Wed

source?
    Nevermind. Gutted though.
  • mart77 said:

Signed a three year deal.

• edited August 2015

James Henry started again for Wolves today.

This deal must be dead.

Jackett (no tie) loves Henry .. made a big effort to get him to Wolves from Millwall .. I would guess that Henry is looking for some kind of guarantee for more starts next(this ?) season
  • edited August 2015
    mart77 said:

Hope we got a reasonable fee. Good luck Rhoys; the time's probably right now but I'll always remember the third division title team very fondly (and the goal at Rochdale).

• mart77 said:

I am flabbergasted .. never has my flabber been so gasted .. all the best to him .. EXCEPT against us
  • Jesse Lingard going to Bristol City for £2.5m

if he was REALLY rated, Derby or Newcastle (the McClaren connection) would have gone for him .. even at 2.5 million, I think that he's overpriced, mind you Cottrell is usually a good judge and developer of a player
  • Sponsored links:

• Reza has now taken the number 16 shirt , although previously given number 15 ....
    Weird
  • sammy391 said:

Reza has now taken the number 16 shirt , although previously given number 15 ....
    Weird

Guess Number 16 is his lucky number etc... Maybe was the real reason why he didnt want to play for Charlton last season and only came back when the club assured him "Yes Wiggins will be sold this summer"

Am only half-joking with that comment too
  • sammy391 said:

Reza has now taken the number 16 shirt , although previously given number 15 ....
    Weird

Both he and Wiggins choose to wear 16 and because Wiggins was here first, Reza could never have it off him.

Now he's gone he can take it.

Leaves no.15 free for James Henry or Paul McShane. :-)
  • sammy391 said:

Weird

And I've just spent £78 quid on a shirt with his name and number on the back. Bastards.
    Least you know what the joke was now, when they were laughing whilst completing your order
  • sammy391 said:

Weird

Guess Number 16 is his lucky number etc... Maybe was the real reason why he didnt want to play for Charlton last season and only came back when the club assured him "Yes Wiggins will be sold this summer"

Am only half-joking with that comment too
    But why give wiggins a number if a deal is going through to sell him? Seems pretty pointless
  • Probably still a chance the deal would fall through at the time of the numbers being announced.
  • edited August 2015
    One of the highest earners (allegedly) off the books, plus a healthy transfer fee. Wednesday sources reckon around 750k so does that give us enough wiggle room to bring in a couple more?
  • Big_Bob said:

Head all over the place?!

He was desperate to team up with Steven Fletcher at Sunderland #headsgone
    Just to pick up on this as what was more bizarre was that Dick Advocaat said he was happy to let Conor Wickham go because they already have enough strikers in Danny Graham, Steven Fletcher and Jermaine Defoe.

I mean Fletcher's only goals last season were for Scotland against Gibraltar. Danny Graham is a upper Championship side's wet dream loan signing (until he arrives and they realise his best and only good year was at Watford). Defoe cries when he scores.
  • Sponsored links:

• 750k is a good fee in the real (non premiership) world.
  • could play but his head will be all over the place so doubt he will myself

No chance... Its against Charlton so he'll be pissed off over the failed medical, he'll play and run riot easily getting MOTM... the next day he'll fall over in the park, break his little finger and then be out for the season!!
    Fer’s agent, Rob Jansen, told the Dutch press: “Leroy currently has an injury which means he is not immediately available.

“He is now trying to get fit at Queens Park Rangers.”

Sounds like it wont have an impact on their line up for our game
  • Amazed Wiggins has passed a medical.
  • Amazed Wiggins has passed a medical.

Maybe he's just had a succession of knock on injuries. Nothing chronic but added together, they've cost him a lot of time and sharpness.
  • Dizzle said:

It's a shame, I really liked Wiggins

I met him and he was nice enough. But who in their right mind wouldn't want to live in Sheffield and play for the 7th most massive team in the world? Sometimes goodbye is a hard word
  • Greenie said:

'but have a horrible feeling that Cousins will play LM on Saturday and thats very frustrating'

it is if you have inadequate cover in CM but with Ba and Kashi now available to play there, plus Diarra, Cebellos too, it's not as frustrating as it could have been

But Cousins is still better than any of them in CM and is wasted on the left.
    How do you know?
    Because it's his opinion. That's how it works.
    He's got you there Greenie : - )
  • James Henry started again for Wolves today.

This deal must be dead.

Jackett (no tie) loves Henry .. made a big effort to get him to Wolves from Millwall .. I would guess that Henry is looking for some kind of guarantee for more starts next(this ?) season
    I think this could still go through. Maybe one of the 2 to 3 players Luzon was talking about to come in over the next 2 weeks or so (I'm sure he said that anyway). One of the others will probably be a backup goalkeeper.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!