Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Greenie said:

'but have a horrible feeling that Cousins will play LM on Saturday and thats very frustrating'

it is if you have inadequate cover in CM but with Ba and Kashi now available to play there, plus Diarra, Cebellos too, it's not as frustrating as it could have been

But Cousins is still better than any of them in CM and is wasted on the left.
    How do you know?
    Because it's his opinion. That's how it works.
    He's got you there Greenie : - )
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    I have a feeling that Athletico Charlton has a thing for me. As flattering as his man love for me is, I'll have to let him down gently.
    I hope he takes it ok.(no pun intended)
  • Rob said:

James Henry started again for Wolves today.

This deal must be dead.

Jackett (no tie) loves Henry .. made a big effort to get him to Wolves from Millwall .. I would guess that Henry is looking for some kind of guarantee for more starts next(this ?) season
    I think this could still go through. Maybe one of the 2 to 3 players Luzon was talking about to come in over the next 2 weeks or so (I'm sure he said that anyway). One of the others will probably be a backup goalkeeper.
    I hope you're right .. he's very decent, if a little inconsistent like a lot of 'wide men'
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

'but have a horrible feeling that Cousins will play LM on Saturday and thats very frustrating'

it is if you have inadequate cover in CM but with Ba and Kashi now available to play there, plus Diarra, Cebellos too, it's not as frustrating as it could have been

How do you know?
    How do you not?
    Well its simple, I don't know, so after your first statement I assumed you had some sort of knowledge.
    Knowledge that Cousins is better? It's an opinion. That's how it works.
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

How do you know?
    How do you not?
    Well its simple, I don't know, so after your first statement I assumed you had some sort of knowledge.
    Knowledge that Cousins is better? It's an opinion. That's how it works.
    They all love me. I am honoured.
  • Do you people mind.....!?!
    This is a rumours thread, for rumours people.
  • Press day tomorrow (hopefully) so maybe we will here plans on a new keeper and news on solly etc etc
  • cafc-west said:

colin1961 said:

Who mentioned about Wiggins first thing this morning

Press day tomorrow (hopefully) so maybe we will here plans on a new keeper and news on solly etc etc

Solly ok for Saturday and Stuart Taylor will sign and be on the bench Saturday
    Is Luzon aware of this?
    Are you ?
  • edited August 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• I prefer Cousins in the middle, but believe the idea that he was crap out wide is a bit of a myth.

The middle part of last season we were playing absolutely dreadful football as a team. It was a horror show at times. When that happens, I think fans naturally try to extrapolate simple reasons for the poor performances. Players out of position are an easy target for this sort of thing. Whenever the team lose, you often get armchair Mourinhos arbitrarily informing the world that the simple key to winning football matches is to 'play two up top' or in this case, 'get round pegs in round holes'. Cheers guys - where would we be without you?

Within the wider context of a team that had some bad spells, Jordan had some excellent games out wide. He was so athletic and comfortable on the ball that he could track the play the entire length of the pitch, often winning the ball very high up. I personally thought he did a really good job, and wouldn't be worried at all if he starts either there or central on Saturday.

Further to this, I thought we still posed a threat down the left with Cousins. Something we've lacked.

More capable than Harriott, who on his day can be quite threatening. Who else have we had whilst in the Championship? Kerkar?

The fact that Harriott was seen more as a striker when he's actually a LM says a lot about Cousins. That was his position for a large spell of the season when we had a natural LM.

Cousins needs to be in the center if only to show his true quality though. We've got a pretty good engine with some good technical skills there. He can be a key player in the centre too.

Spot on. 100%.

You lad!
  • colin1961 said:

Press day tomorrow (hopefully) so maybe we will here plans on a new keeper and news on solly etc etc

Which is exactly what I said 2 days ago ...
  • Didnt we play 352 at bolton giving room for cousins keshi and baa?
  • Cousins was at times an awful player on the flanks , beyond appalling at Sheffield United in the Cup , ok most were but he couldn't trap a bag of cement that day
    He is a completely different player in the centre with regular 8/10 performances , beyond recognition of the 5/10 one who turns up on the wing
    I'm sure he won't be as bad as he has been wide but don't wanna see him there he is a different beast altogether in the middle of the park

This. The Notts Forest home game last season was probably one of the best performances I'd seen from a central midfielder in recent years. He can do this regularly if we keep him there. I mean this in the nicest possible way but he doesn't have the talent to play wide. It is hit and miss what you get out of him out wide
  • Didnt we play 352 at bolton giving room for cousins keshi and baa?

I don't think we have enough players...?
  • Cousins is better in the middle but he isn't bad out wide either, the best way to play them all is the diamond with kashi defensive mid , JBG Infront of cousins and Ba , I can't see Luzon not playing kashi or Ba to be honest, it's nice to have options for a change.
  • Saw a Sporting fan on Twitter say that we might be getting Slimani.

I got excited for half a second until I realised he'd probably cost a few million and then turn his nose up at half of the Premier League, let alone Championship.
  • Not sure we'll play a diamond midfield, more 4132. I would expect Kashi to play just in front of the CBs with Ba, Cousins and JBG playing a narrow 3 in midfield. Can't see either Cousins or JBG being played near the touch line more left or right of centre. So long as he not played as a traditional left winger and I don't believe Luzon has any intention of him doing this we should not nullify his strengths

I got excited for half a second until I realised he'd probably cost a few million and then turn his nose up at half of the Premier League, let alone Championship.

Finally a rumour!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• whoever he is !
  • His goalscoring record at Sporting isn't great, but before that was pretty impressive (Wiki). Algerian so perhaps knows Kashi?

Got a link to the tweet? Can't find it.
  • thonk we might be playing wingers or wing backs as we now have a 6"7 no9
  • PL54 said:

cafc-west said:

colin1961 said:

Is Luzon aware of this?
    Are you ?
    No...but I don't need to be - I'm only a season-ticketless punter!
  • Cousins was at times an awful player on the flanks , beyond appalling at Sheffield United in the Cup , ok most were but he couldn't trap a bag of cement that day
    He is a completely different player in the centre with regular 8/10 performances , beyond recognition of the 5/10 one who turns up on the wing
    I'm sure he won't be as bad as he has been wide but don't wanna see him there he is a different beast altogether in the middle of the park

The entire team were awful at Brammal Lane. And we know why.
  • edited August 2015
    Disappointed about Wiggins. Possibly the third best left-back I have seen in a Charlton shirt but he never seemed to really recover his early form after that skinning by those two Palace wide-men (was it Bolassie and Zaha??). Even Solly was struggling a bit that night.

I hoped he might be another of our own players that we were rumoured to be signing.

At least we can now focus on those rumours about where Cousins will be playing.
  • Rumours
  • As this has now descended into another debate about Sheffield United, is it time to retire this thread and start a new one?
  • Thank you yalley man.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!