Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• With Solly injured we might even play 3-5-2

Pope
    Bauer - Diarra - Fox
    Gudmundsson - Kashi - Cousins - Ba - Ceballos
    Watt - Makienok
  • Gudmundsson would be a nightmare at right wing back
  • edited August 2015
    Dizzle said:

Gudmundsson would be a nightmare at right wing back

Cousins IMO would make a very decent right wing back. Has all the attributes. Swap him and JBG round, and play Bergdich at LWB (from what I can see Ceballos wouldnt be defensively strong enough) and it may look better.

Pope
    Bauer - Diarra - Fox
    Cousins - Kashi - Gudmundsson - Ba - Bergdich
    Watt - Makienok
  • Greenie said:

THEMCA said:

Greenie said:

THEMCA said:

I still don't rate Fox, I hope to be proven wrong I just don't think he's good enough.

I said the same this time last season, in fact I gave him pelters. But like you, I was wrong.
    I don't see how you can say I am wrong. I said I still don't rate him. I hope to be proven wrong. I don't think he set the world alight last season and certainly hasn't proved anything yet. Like I said I hope to be proven wring as I always like to see our kids do well.
    Because its my opinion, thats how it works.
    We'll see
  • 'but have a horrible feeling that Cousins will play LM on Saturday and thats very frustrating'

it is if you have inadequate cover in CM but with Ba and Kashi now available to play there, plus Diarra, Cebellos too, it's not as frustrating as it could have been

But Cousins is still better than any of them in CM and is wasted on the left.
    How do you know?
  • think it's already pretty much known that he'll play LM (or left of a diamond) on sat

• I'm just pleased we have this kind of quality in central midfield this season. Selection headaches are a good problem to have.

Like you can't know if Kashi/Ba are worse than Cousins, how can you be sure we now have great quality in central midfield. I'd be willing to bet that our player of the year Cousins is better than someone who was brought with the scouting report saying he's a hatchet man though.

I'd definitely be against putting our player of the year who just had the best year of his career in central midfield, after signing a long-term commitment to the club out in a poorer position.

• I'm just pleased we have this kind of quality in central midfield this season. Selection headaches are a good problem to have.

Like you can't know if Kashi/Ba are worse than Cousins, how can you be sure we now have great quality in central midfield. I'd be willing to bet that our player of the year Cousins is better than someone who was brought with the scouting report saying he's a hatchet man though.

I'd definitely be against putting our player of the year who just had the best year of his career in central midfield, after signing a long-term commitment to the club out in a poorer position.
    Your call and it would be mine too.

But we've already heard that Luzon really rates Kashi so I'm expecting him to start the season in the middle of the park.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pretty sure Cousins said in an interview recently that Luzon has told him that there is a chance that he'll be playing on the left from time to time.
  • 'but have a horrible feeling that Cousins will play LM on Saturday and thats very frustrating'

it is if you have inadequate cover in CM but with Ba and Kashi now available to play there, plus Diarra, Cebellos too, it's not as frustrating as it could have been

You've seen Ba, Kashi and Cebellos play how many times? Not enough to make that statement I'd wager.
    We don't know yet but I'd be surprised if they are. It's up to them to earn their place in CM, not the other way around.
  • Greenie said:

'but have a horrible feeling that Cousins will play LM on Saturday and thats very frustrating'

How do you know?
    How do you not?
  • Has it been confirmed that Solly is injured for Saturday then?
  • Pretty sure Cousins said in an interview recently that Luzon has told him that there is a chance that he'll be playing on the left from time to time.

:neutral:
  • I really want us to play a diamond anyway, Kashi DM, Cousins and Ba CM and JBG behind the front two. But that front two would have to be Watt and Igor as not many crosses into box means no real point in having Makienok start
  • Greenie said:

'but have a horrible feeling that Cousins will play LM on Saturday and thats very frustrating'

How do you know?
    How do you not?
    Well its simple, I don't know, so after your first statement I assumed you had some sort of knowledge.
  • Even if it was true and Cousins was 9/10 while Kashi and Ba were 8/10, I am confident Cousins can do a 7/10 job on the wing while Kashi and Ba are unknown quantities out there.

I'm just pleased we have this kind of quality in central midfield this season. Selection headaches are a good problem to have.

so they're unknown quantities yet you're "pleased we have this kind of quality in CM", that doesn't make sense?

But in fairness, I am quite excited that these two seem decent players.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

Harriott not in Chelmsford squad and not been with 1st team. Is he off tomorrow?

Making room for Henry perhaps?
    He's such a twat

Handball cheating no good bstd Imo, no different to Maradona in that respect or Suarez
    It was against the Irish. He went up even further in my book.

Legend of the game.
    Come around here wee man and talk your big talk ya wee gobshite ;)

• edited August 2015
    I completely agree that he was ok on the left, however our most influential player in running the game should be in his best position where he can do the best for our team, which is in the centre. I think Johann is a better player than Jordan, but poor central midfield play ruins us more than a quiet game from Johann. Last season our options bar him at centre mid were also pretty average/poor. I don't know about the new guys, and even though I am excited about what Ba can do in particular, Cousins should be the first name on the teamsheet at centre mid and we can look for the short term fix on the left from someone else (Tareiq or whoever).

Edit: I completely forgot about Harriot's existence, I'd much rather him on the left with Cousins in the centre rather than Cousins on the right.
  • Leroy fer fails Sunderland medical
  • Damn that'll be because of his past as he failed at Medical which ended a possible move to Everton before he joined Norwich.

Means he could play Saturday now and wont instantly mean he's injured
  • could play but his head will be all over the place so doubt he will myself
  • could play but his head will be all over the place so doubt he will myself

No chance... Its against Charlton so he'll be pissed off over the failed medical, he'll play and run riot easily getting MOTM... the next day he'll fall over in the park, break his little finger and then be out for the season!!
  • Head all over the place?!
  • Big_Bob said:

Head all over the place?!

He was desperate to team up with Steven Fletcher at Sunderland #headsgone
  • Big_Bob said:

Head all over the place?!

Yes, PL or playing for shitty little QPR? Saying that I still reckon it will go through but with a reduced loan fee.

Also, in general, why are people so concerned about QPR? They went down for a reason, they were shit. It will take them a while to get over it. I think they will finish below us.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!