Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Thanks Beds; always enjoy an informed neutral view. Looking at those ins listed, the thing hat strikes me most is the quality of the clubs they've come from. Whether they all make it is another matter but there's certainly some pedigree there when you see their backgrounds rolled out.
  • Not a rumour but The Racing Post's thoughts on our chances this season.

What's that plus 25 points thing?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Not a rumour but The Racing Post's thoughts on our chances this season.

Each team gets a handicap, so with the extra points, the odds of each team winning the league are the same (18-1). It's a great bet if you think we've been underestimated, without necessarily thinking we're going to be champions. I've duly put this bet on. Did the same in 97-98, which we won easily (but i'd doubled up with Derby in the Prem that year, and missed out on the last day)
  • Dazzler21 said:

Each team gets a handicap, so with the extra points, the odds of each team winning the league are the same (18-1). It's a great bet if you think we've been underestimated, without necessarily thinking we're going to be champions. I've duly put this bet on. Did the same in 97-98, which we won easily (but i'd doubled up with Derby in the Prem that year, and missed out on the last day)
    So if we missed out on the title by 24 points they'd pay out as a win?

What was the betting thing that was on here the other day where you got £1 for every point above what their final total was? or -£1 if less etc.

• So if we missed out on the title by 24 points they'd pay out as a win?

I think that's the case. Sounds like a great bet to me.
  • Dazzler21 said:

What was the betting thing that was on here the other day where you got £1 for every point above what their final total was? or -£1 if less etc.
    As long as the team's with a higher handicap (ie Rotherham) don't finish above us or on the same points.
  • Dazzler21 said:

That's a generous handicap. Have just opened up a betfair account and put £20 on us.

• Dazzler21 said:

No, we might not win just for that reason. If (say) Rotherham finish level with us (without the handicap), they have a bigger handicap so in this example we would be pipped by them. You have to add the actual points of every team to their handicap, and then see if we come on top
  • colin1961 said:

Joey Barton is in advanced talks with Championship side Charlton Athletic. The Addicks are hoping the deal goes through before the start of the new season.
    FR

That's the quizz team sorted, thanks Col...
  • Excuse my ignorance, but where have Boro suddenly got all this money from? Was there a takeover up there? I know Steve Gibson has bank rolled them in the past, but I thought they'd been moderating their spending somewhat in recent years and their parachute payments must've run out by now?
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope they go bust
  • Excuse my ignorance, but where have Boro suddenly got all this money from? Was there a takeover up there? I know Steve Gibson has bank rolled them in the past, but I thought they'd been moderating their spending somewhat in recent years and their parachute payments must've run out by now?

Work with a Boro lad who was convinced that they had shot their bolt after losing the play-off. The feeling was that Gibson had ploughed in as much as he could and they would have to scale back.

So much for that thought!! To be fair, after a long lunch in the Cat & Canary, he does talk more bo!!ox than normal!! :wink:
  • Joey doesn't have a club at the moment does he,

Not saying it's got an Ounce of truth in the rumour as I can not ever see that happening
  • colin1961 said:

Pigot on the bench tonight ...

Guess that means the news about signing for Southend in the next 24-hours is false... Cant see a player being involved if he's got a pending transfer in case of injury
  • colin1961 said:

Joey Barton is in advanced talks with Championship side Charlton Athletic. The Addicks are hoping the deal goes through before the start of the new season.
    FR

I wouldn't want that thug anywhere near our club. Utter waste of space.

Don't think he is that bad a lot of it was when he was a youngster, he always comes across as a bit of a knob with what he comes out with, but I think he is overcome at times due to his must win at all costs attitude

• colin1961 said:

FR

You really are taking the P*ss now
    Good player.

But a total penis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would Barton improve the team? Yes

Is he a complete jockey? Yes

Is anyone who thinks he will sign for delusional? Yes
  • colin1961 said:

FR

Completely agree.

Also, Didn't this gobshite have plenty to say about us when Powelly got sacked?
  • mart77 said:

Yann linked with a return on Twitter. Doubt it but thought I'd mention it.

If only...
  • Dazzler21 said:

I did exactly the same, was it Leicester that pipped Derby? Think I had EW although derby were some way ahead but collapsed at the end of the season so it felt like a loss.
  • We're not signing Joey Barton but either way the last position we need to fill is central midfield. We'll see how the season unfolds but with Cousins, Ba, Kashi and Jackson, as well as Ceballos capable of playing as a number 10 the middle looks the best it has in years

You forgot Diarra as well

• edited August 2015

colin1961 said:

FR

Completely agree.

Also, Didn't this gobshite have plenty to say about us when Powelly got sacked?
    Nothing negative about our club and no ill will towards us. More his contempt about foreign owners and what it may mean for the future.

A few people agreed with him on this forum, I know I did at the time!

Agree though, I wouldn't want to see him here.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!