Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Dwight Gayle going to fulham on loan. We seriously need to get in there with a late offer.

Kit Symons as the Fulham manager as well probably a factor.

• colin1961 said:

Turned us down ???
    We're we ever in for him if we was he would have signed

I thought you knew?
  • 6 days from the start of the season and we have 1 Right back who has dodgy knees. Don't want Cousins or Charlie Cook or any one else playing there who is not a bona fide right back. The problems we had at Left back until fox stepped up when Rhoys was out of the team by playing right footed players there over 2 seasons. Gomez had his worst ever game for CAFC at LB.
    So keep the rumours coming for the RB, if not why not ?

Cousins was a right back long before he was a CM, so don't doubt his ability to cover there.

Though obviously we don't want him missing from his usual position.
  • 6 days from the start of the season and we have 1 Right back who has dodgy knees. Don't want Cousins or Charlie Cook or any one else playing there who is not a bona fide right back. The problems we had at Left back until fox stepped up when Rhoys was out of the team by playing right footed players there over 2 seasons. Gomez had his worst ever game for CAFC at LB.

were you at Bolton on Friday? if you were then you would have seen an assured performance from Charles-Cook at right back
  • colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Turned us down ???
    We're we ever in for him if we was he would have signed

I thought you knew?
    He had talks with us ......
    But you just said you didn't know if we were in for him.
  • Although Holmes Dennis played well at Bolton I agree with soapbox in regards to the right back situation , we can't rely on having square pegs in round holes when Solly is not fit
  • Wolves have confirmed they're in talks with Le Fondre and Ojo, hopefully meaning Henry is free to move now.
  • CH4RLTON said:

Although Holmes Dennis played well at Bolton I agree with soapbox in regards to the right back situation , we can't rely on having square pegs in round holes when Solly is not fit

did he? didn't even get on the pitch did he?

• Sponsored links:

• CH4RLTON said:

Although Holmes Dennis played well at Bolton I agree with soapbox in regards to the right back situation , we can't rely on having square pegs in round holes when Solly is not fit

According to the Bolton PA Holmes Dennis did not play RB at Bolton it was Charles-Cook who I believe is a RB, whoever he was he certainly looked like a round peg
  • Charles-Cook is a midfielder
  • Dizzle said:

Charles-Cook is a midfielder

Gomez could play CB or RB(played some games at RB in youth games)
    Fox can play LB Or CB (played games at CB for U21)

Has Regan Charles-Cook ever played at RB for the Academy side ?
    Have seen him 4 or 5 times now and only ever seen him mid field.

• TravHouse said:

St Etienne are interested in signing Lenglet...

Does he sing or play an instrument?
  • Dizzle said:

Charles-Cook is a midfielder

Gomez could play CB or RB(played some games at RB in youth games)
    Fox can play LB Or CB (played games at CB for U21)

Has Regan Charles-Cook ever played at RB for the Academy side ?
    Have seen him 4 or 5 times now and only ever seen him mid field.

I have only ever seen him play midfield. He is an intelligent player and tracks back well when playing in midfield so could probably do a job. It's not his natural position though so we are back to square pegs and round holes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think we could get by with signing just 1 more player now, CB/RB cover. A winger/pacey forward would be icing on the cake.
  • Addicted said:

Think we could get by with signing just 1 more player now, CB/RB cover. A winger/pacey forward would be icing on the cake.

Are you happy with the goalkeeping situation then? Pope and Mitov until Henderson comes back. I assume we are not signing Taylor
  • edited August 2015

6 days from the start of the season and we have 1 Right back who has dodgy knees. Don't want Cousins or Charlie Cook or any one else playing there who is not a bona fide right back. The problems we had at Left back until fox stepped up when Rhoys was out of the team by playing right footed players there over 2 seasons. Gomez had his worst ever game for CAFC at LB.

were you at Bolton on Friday? if you were then you would have seen an assured performance from Charles-Cook at right back
    I was. He a had a good game, but you could see he was not a natural right back. His positioning along with diarra on that side of defence was all over the place at times. He also gave far too much space to the Bolton winger at times. Saying all that he was tenacious, energetic and I can't really remember him making a mistake. Just think against a quality winger in a competitive match he would of been shown up.

I think tarriq came on at right back as berdych came on at the same time. But that was when the formation went a bit wibbly wobbly as berdych was pushing up much higher.
  • edited August 2015
    Scoham said:

If after all this we don't bring in another right back it will make letting Lawrie Wilson leave a bit silly

You can't keep players you'd like to improve on just in case you don't find a replacement.
    How can you improve on a back up right back?
  • Scoham said:

If after all this we don't bring in another right back it will make letting Lawrie Wilson leave a bit silly

You can't keep players you'd like to improve on just in case you don't find a replacement.
    How can you improve on a back up right back?
    With a young player that's happy to fight for his place and has potential to improve?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!