Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Blackburn release Jake Kean, decent keeper imo
  • LordDofB said:

Blackburn release Jake Kean, decent keeper imo

Going to Norwich apparently.
  • Nile Ranger? You would be better off giving me a fucking contract!!
  • Nile ranger won't happen surely lol
  • We would be better off with the Lone Ranger.
  • pettgra said:

We would be better off with the Lone Ranger.

That's Tonto!
  • pettgra said:

We would be better off with the Lone Ranger.

That's Tonto!
    To be fair we have all of these nationalities now; therefore a Red Indian would do no harm.
  • Keep going col

oh he will. there is no doubt about that.
  • Too many Lifers in denial.
  • J BLOCK said:

Is Moose really that reliable?
    He announced the other day that Diego Poyet had scored a winner when he wasn't even on the pitch. Haha

Blokes an idiot.

I was involved in a Q&A with Alan Brazil and Ray Parlour last Friday and neither of them can stand him.

Fat Iron.
    They seem to tolerate him on the shows on TalkSport and he's very much part of the banter. But then we don't know how he's perceived 'off air' if you like. I reckon there's a lot old footballers boys club and those that are involved in football punditry in general. I can imagine the you and us type scenario
  • Sponsored links:

• dancafc said:

Henderson has had an operation on his shoulder and unless you know what proceedure was performed there is no way that you can accurately estimate his recovery time.

People seem very confused about this goalkeeper issue. Henderson is our number one. That is a fact. He's going to be injured for the start of the season but the second he's fit he'll be back in the team. As a result we need a third keeper to either compete with or replace Pope for a few weeks. That's it. All this 'we can do better', 'he hasn't played in forever', 'he's whoever's third choice' business misses the point. Whoever we get isn't even coming in to be our first choice. Good luck selling that to any decent team's first choice who plays every week. The alternative is to look down into the lower leagues, but even then that keeper won't want to sit on our bench for 90% of the season and will probably cost a decent amount. It's short term cover. Be realistic.

Henderson is having an operation on his shoulder. If anyone thinks he'll be back in three to four weeks I think they are being optimistic.

It'll be a rotator cuff injury. Pretty certainly. Would be recommended 6 weeks in a sling (4-6) then plenty of exercises afterwords to strengthen it back up, and if you scamp on that time you're playing with fire to re-damage it. And if it's not, I can't foresee any other shoulder surgery's recover time being too much shorter.

I think we want a keeper who is ready to compete with Henderson, regardless of whether Hendo's fit or not, why? Because chances are when they are in the first team it may be for a fair period - we don't want someone who's simply not ready or confident throughout these periods, it'd be stupid. That's not Pope for me, personally, and definitely not Taylor.
    I had exactly the same operation and it's still not right I dislocated it 4 times then they decided to operate.it was 6 weeks till I could drive the another 3 months before I could lift anything and the 5/6 months before I could do contact sports
    All very interesting, but what Hendo will want to know is, how long before you could have a w...?
    I was ok it was the left shoulder
  • Colin 1961 keep up the rumours, you never claim to know everything like Henry Irving does and cannot be questioned
  • We've only just reached the halfway point of the transfer window. Plenty of time to get another two or three in.
  • Don't think Elliott will come coz Woodman gone to Crawley
  • Luzon interview after game saying still looking for 2 more players. I guess that's just a repeat of the last interview, but still encouraging. Would love another striker and a winger, but practically will probably be a right back and a winger.
  • Madz said:

Luzon interview after game saying still looking for 2 more players. I guess that's just a repeat of the last interview, but still encouraging. Would love another striker and a winger, but practically will probably be a right back and a winger.

It's a striker I want to see although I doubt that likely until January and then only if Igor can't get back to full fitness.

I can see the basis for a very decent squad that might not need much addition in the summer which might leave enough money to push the boat out on that 20 goal striker.

• Sponsored links:

• So with a week to go, the positions we need to fill are cb/rb cover, third choice keeper and a left winger - given the number of players released I'd say we've done pretty well.

Obviously don't know how the new guys will take to the championship and igor is a concern but all things considered I'm very happy with how the summers gone!
  • Wednesday sign another two ...#cantwait

Obviously too embarrassed to name them.
    I decided to not give you that information, however you will soon know their names sir. ;)
    looking forward to the season ?
  • Without seeing them over a few months in the Championship I am more than happy with our signings so far. Think most of our budget must be gone now and we will only bring in players that fit, yet don't break the bank.
  • We are in a similar situation to you Piggie. Spent a fair bit of money with a chairman willing to invest, with most new signings coming from abroad. Our clubs seem to be tracking each other closely over the last few years
  • Paul Anderson signs for two years with Bradford.
  • Paul Anderson signs for two years with Bradford.

He is better than that.

• We were also linked with that Inter Milan left mid yesterday, maybe just weighing up other options in case it doesn't go through.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!