Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• @tony1234 snap same here. Wherabout in Lanzarote are you?

No reply for 4 hours, must of found a room.
    Or all night bar.
  • Am I OCD? Checking this thread throughout the day, even with just one post showing?;)
  • I'd welcome home a decent keeper who is a fan to boot

I'd welcome home that keeper who is fat to boot

Has he slimmed down at all?

• colin1961 said:

ack&White @youmeandnufc
    Hearing possible truth in Rob Elliot going to #CAFC on loan to cover Stephen Henderson injury, #Charlton have certainly enquired
    2:52 PM - 30 Jul 2015

Did I not mention him last week but slow up north

If you give an infinite number of monkeys a typewriter, eventually one of them will recreate the complete works of Shakespeare.

I'd give you a monkey for your monkey

I think i also said that last week ! Keep up Clem !
    how many monkeys did it take for you to write it?

I'm willing to pay to buy your monkeys.
  • I'd welcome home a decent keeper who is a fan to boot

I'd welcome home that keeper who is fat to boot

Has he slimmed down at all?

Barely kicked a ball in 3 years.
    Been paid 4 times as much as when he was with us

I'd be surprised
  • Sponsored links:

• We need a goalkeeper that's certain but if the name wasn't Rob Elliot we would be on here going into meltdown at the prospect of getting Newcastles fourth choice.

We can do better.
  • Wasn't Elliot getting injured a fair bit? Like regularly picking up knocks? Maybe my memory isn't serving correctly...
  • edited July 2015

colin1961 said:

ack&White @youmeandnufc
    Hearing possible truth in Rob Elliot going to #CAFC on loan to cover Stephen Henderson injury, #Charlton have certainly enquired

If you give an infinite number of monkeys a typewriter, eventually one of them will recreate the complete works of Shakespeare.

Actually, no. With one typewriter between the lot of them, they'll not do very much in the way of writing, will they?
  • colin1961 said:

ack&White @youmeandnufc

Actually, no. With one typewriter between the lot of them, they'll not do very much in the way of writing, will they?
    It's the endless picking of each others arses and the de-fleaing that will slow them down. And IF they are Benoboes they'll be more interested in mass copulation...

Playa blanca , bad head today , went on a pub crawl in fueterventura on the ferry
  • ilovelucy said:

Am I OCD? Checking this thread throughout the day, even with just one post showing?;)

I do the same I think the term is mentally challenged.

I mean we must be to return to this so often!
  • edited July 2015

colin1961 said:

ack&White @youmeandnufc

It's the endless picking of each others arses and the de-fleaing that will slow them down. And IF they are Benoboes they'll be more interested in mass copulation...
    Welcome to Charlton Life, David Attenborough.

What do you make of the CL species ?

I feel they may be related to the Benoboes ?

• People seem very confused about this goalkeeper issue. Henderson is our number one. That is a fact. He's going to be injured for the start of the season but the second he's fit he'll be back in the team. As a result we need a third keeper to either compete with or replace Pope for a few weeks. That's it. All this 'we can do better', 'he hasn't played in forever', 'he's whoever's third choice' business misses the point. Whoever we get isn't even coming in to be our first choice. Good luck selling that to any decent team's first choice who plays every week. The alternative is to look down into the lower leagues, but even then that keeper won't want to sit on our bench for 90% of the season and will probably cost a decent amount. It's short term cover. Be realistic.

Henderson is having an operation on his shoulder. If anyone thinks he'll be back in three to four weeks I think they are being optimistic.

• Henderson has had an operation on his shoulder and unless you know what proceedure was performed there is no way that you can accurately estimate his recovery time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Henderson has had an operation on his shoulder and unless you know what proceedure was performed there is no way that you can accurately estimate his recovery time.

People seem very confused about this goalkeeper issue. Henderson is our number one. That is a fact. He's going to be injured for the start of the season but the second he's fit he'll be back in the team. As a result we need a third keeper to either compete with or replace Pope for a few weeks. That's it. All this 'we can do better', 'he hasn't played in forever', 'he's whoever's third choice' business misses the point. Whoever we get isn't even coming in to be our first choice. Good luck selling that to any decent team's first choice who plays every week. The alternative is to look down into the lower leagues, but even then that keeper won't want to sit on our bench for 90% of the season and will probably cost a decent amount. It's short term cover. Be realistic.

Henderson is having an operation on his shoulder. If anyone thinks he'll be back in three to four weeks I think they are being optimistic.

It'll be a rotator cuff injury. Pretty certainly. Would be recommended 6 weeks in a sling (4-6) then plenty of exercises afterwords to strengthen it back up, and if you scamp on that time you're playing with fire to re-damage it. And if it's not, I can't foresee any other shoulder surgery's recover time being too much shorter.

I think we want a keeper who is ready to compete with Henderson, regardless of whether Hendo's fit or not, why? Because chances are when they are in the first team it may be for a fair period - we don't want someone who's simply not ready or confident throughout these periods, it'd be stupid. That's not Pope for me, personally, and definitely not Taylor.
  • I'm expecting Pope to come good and be genuine competition for Hendo.

I liked the look of Philips too but seems he has gone for the season. Maybe we were a bit quick off the mark there.
  • If Pope isnt going to get his chance then why on earth is he in the squad? I really hope we at least give him a few games to prove he can do it. If not then lets sell him on
  • I predict something will happen very soon : - )
  • Not cos Im ITK but I have twitter and someone has signed something := )
  • BREAKING NEWS! *scribble, scribble* #cafc pic.twitter.com/naTmzJfMsq

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) July 31, 2015
  • Cousins???
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!