Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• colin1961 said:

Rob Elliot Update, Approach from #cafc was made, Player interested but #nufc have rebuffed, RE to stay as back up

classic colin

Miss out the source to make it look like he's in the know. #laughingstock

LifeInBlack&White ‏@youmeandnufc 42m42 minutes ago
    LifeInBlack&White retweeted LifeInBlack&White
    Rob Elliot Update, Approach from #cafc was made, Player interested but #nufc have rebuffed, RE to stay as back up

Leave it out Ben, how old are you? Bordline bullying mate.
  • Hadnt read the last page, people obviously echo my view
  • CAFCsayer said:

colin1961 said:

classic colin

Miss out the source to make it look like he's in the know. #laughingstock

LifeInBlack&White ‏@youmeandnufc 42m42 minutes ago
    LifeInBlack&White retweeted LifeInBlack&White

Leave it out Ben, how old are you? Bordline bullying mate.
    yawn.
  • If you keep saying Jackson time is up. you will be right one day,
    This could well be this season but JJ has been a fantastic captain and have been the conduit between the old and the new and a contract should be on the table for
    coaching and playing with the development team to bring them on.
    May only be in a cameo role now but the man has been mustard and this should be rewarded.

Jackson and Diarra will be two of the most important people in the club this season IMHO

Not always for what they do on the pitch, although they will contribute there, but on the training ground, in the mentoring and expertise they will bring.
    I agree. Couple of others maybe similar, Solly perhaps, of course JC with his fitness levels will keep everyone working their hardest I'm sure. JJ has his coaching badges too I believe, will be invaluable to the youth players day in day out.
    Does he really or is this just an assumption that people have made?
    Great news if he does, maybe we can Andy Hughes him a bit.
    He and a few others did one of their badges at the end of last season at West Ham's training ground. He tweeted about it at the time
    He did them at the same time as Callum Harriott and Chris "deadly quiet, not much of a leader" Solly didnt he?
  • edited July 2015

I really hope that JJ stays on at the club when he stops playing - I think he'd be a great coach and he's proper Charlton :)

For a gooner, yes.

Having said that, I still love him. Good lad, great captain.
  • Henderson has had an operation on his shoulder and unless you know what proceedure was performed there is no way that you can accurately estimate his recovery time.

People seem very confused about this goalkeeper issue. Henderson is our number one. That is a fact. He's going to be injured for the start of the season but the second he's fit he'll be back in the team. As a result we need a third keeper to either compete with or replace Pope for a few weeks. That's it. All this 'we can do better', 'he hasn't played in forever', 'he's whoever's third choice' business misses the point. Whoever we get isn't even coming in to be our first choice. Good luck selling that to any decent team's first choice who plays every week. The alternative is to look down into the lower leagues, but even then that keeper won't want to sit on our bench for 90% of the season and will probably cost a decent amount. It's short term cover. Be realistic.

Henderson is having an operation on his shoulder. If anyone thinks he'll be back in three to four weeks I think they are being optimistic.

It'll be a rotator cuff injury. Pretty certainly. Would be recommended 6 weeks in a sling (4-6) then plenty of exercises afterwords to strengthen it back up, and if you scamp on that time you're playing with fire to re-damage it. And if it's not, I can't foresee any other shoulder surgery's recover time being too much shorter.

I think we want a keeper who is ready to compete with Henderson, regardless of whether Hendo's fit or not, why? Because chances are when they are in the first team it may be for a fair period - we don't want someone who's simply not ready or confident throughout these periods, it'd be stupid. That's not Pope for me, personally, and definitely not Taylor.
    I had exactly the same operation and it's still not right I dislocated it 4 times then they decided to operate.it was 6 weeks till I could drive the another 3 months before I could lift anything and the 5/6 months before I could do contact sports
  • If you keep saying Jackson time is up. you will be right one day,
    This could well be this season but JJ has been a fantastic captain and have been the conduit between the old and the new and a contract should be on the table for
    May only be in a cameo role now but the man has been mustard and this should be rewarded.

Jackson and Diarra will be two of the most important people in the club this season IMHO

Not always for what they do on the pitch, although they will contribute there, but on the training ground, in the mentoring and expertise they will bring.
    I agree. Couple of others maybe similar, Solly perhaps, of course JC with his fitness levels will keep everyone working their hardest I'm sure. JJ has his coaching badges too I believe, will be invaluable to the youth players day in day out.
    He and a few others did one of their badges at the end of last season at West Ham's training ground. He tweeted about it at the time

If you keep saying Jackson time is up. you will be right one day,

He did them at the same time as Callum Harriott and Chris "deadly quiet, not much of a leader" Solly didnt he?
    Thanks.

Harriot? doesn't seem the type. Good on him.
  • I’m sick of hearing people bad mouth Colin. I have had the pleasure of meeting this wonderful man in person on several occasions. I can confirm that he is a kind, gentle man with a winning smile. Colin selflessly scours the internet (or ‘web’ as he calls it) looking for Charlton related rumours that he can share on this, and other less popular, forums. He does this because this online community is like a family to him, a family he cherishes. Please leave Colin alone.

Is it OK if I start calling him "Bro", MB ?

• Sponsored links:

• What about a separate Colin forum for those with too much time on their hands? It would have all your Colin related posts in one place and I am sure you will have hours of fun with likeminded individuals/sheep.
  • I’m sick of hearing people bad mouth Colin. I have had the pleasure of meeting this wonderful man in person on several occasions. I can confirm that he is a kind, gentle man with a winning smile. Colin selflessly scours the internet (or ‘web’ as he calls it) looking for Charlton related rumours that he can share on this, and other less popular, forums. He does this because this online community is like a family to him, a family he cherishes. Please leave Colin alone.

Cheers Mickey
  • edited July 2015
    Can't see us going after Ranger. We don't need him for a start. I know a Swindon fan and she says just a shocking player anyway. Can't see how he's good enough for The Championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't care what he's done elsewhere, it's what he does here that matters.

Only what he does on the pitch matters

In the manager and owner we trust.

Said the QPR fans when he signs for them
  • edited July 2015
    Dizzle said:

yesterday driving to work I pulled up alongside Jacko waiting to pull out at Well Hall roundabout. When I noticed it was Jacko I was beeping my horn and waving like a loon sticking my thumb up at him.

When he noticed instead of looking at me like a weirdo and speeding off he smiled and gave me a thumbs up back. He's a nice fella and I'm glad he's our captain.

I was chuffed and it made my morning.
    I'm 28 years old!!! :blush:

Nowt wrong or weird with that, some bloke on here names his dogs after Charlton Captains, Jackson being one of them, now thats weird. ;)
  • People seem very confused about this goalkeeper issue. Henderson is our number one. That is a fact. He's going to be injured for the start of the season but the second he's fit he'll be back in the team. As a result we need a third keeper to either compete with or replace Pope for a few weeks. That's it. All this 'we can do better', 'he hasn't played in forever', 'he's whoever's third choice' business misses the point. Whoever we get isn't even coming in to be our first choice. Good luck selling that to any decent team's first choice who plays every week. The alternative is to look down into the lower leagues, but even then that keeper won't want to sit on our bench for 90% of the season and will probably cost a decent amount. It's short term cover. Be realistic.

I was with you all the way until the last sentence. If you want realistic, get yourself over to the Plato thread. This is the rumours thread and realism is the last thing on anyone's mind.
  • colin1961 said:

ack&White @youmeandnufc
    Hearing possible truth in Rob Elliot going to #CAFC on loan to cover Stephen Henderson injury, #Charlton have certainly enquired
    2:52 PM - 30 Jul 2015

Did I not mention him last week but slow up north

If you give an infinite number of monkeys a typewriter, eventually one of them will recreate the complete works of Shakespeare.

Actually, no. With one typewriter between the lot of them, they'll not do very much in the way of writing, will they?
    It's the endless picking of each others arses and the de-fleaing that will slow them down. And IF they are Benoboes they'll be more interested in mass copulation...
    Welcome to Charlton Life, David Attenborough.

What do you make of the CL species ?

I feel they may be related to the Benoboes ?

Substitute 'intellectual masturbation' for 'copulation' and I think you're on to something.
  • dancafc said:

Henderson has had an operation on his shoulder and unless you know what proceedure was performed there is no way that you can accurately estimate his recovery time.

People seem very confused about this goalkeeper issue. Henderson is our number one. That is a fact. He's going to be injured for the start of the season but the second he's fit he'll be back in the team. As a result we need a third keeper to either compete with or replace Pope for a few weeks. That's it. All this 'we can do better', 'he hasn't played in forever', 'he's whoever's third choice' business misses the point. Whoever we get isn't even coming in to be our first choice. Good luck selling that to any decent team's first choice who plays every week. The alternative is to look down into the lower leagues, but even then that keeper won't want to sit on our bench for 90% of the season and will probably cost a decent amount. It's short term cover. Be realistic.

Henderson is having an operation on his shoulder. If anyone thinks he'll be back in three to four weeks I think they are being optimistic.

It'll be a rotator cuff injury. Pretty certainly. Would be recommended 6 weeks in a sling (4-6) then plenty of exercises afterwords to strengthen it back up, and if you scamp on that time you're playing with fire to re-damage it. And if it's not, I can't foresee any other shoulder surgery's recover time being too much shorter.

I think we want a keeper who is ready to compete with Henderson, regardless of whether Hendo's fit or not, why? Because chances are when they are in the first team it may be for a fair period - we don't want someone who's simply not ready or confident throughout these periods, it'd be stupid. That's not Pope for me, personally, and definitely not Taylor.
    I had exactly the same operation and it's still not right I dislocated it 4 times then they decided to operate.it was 6 weeks till I could drive the another 3 months before I could lift anything and the 5/6 months before I could do contact sports
    All very interesting, but what Hendo will want to know is, how long before you could have a w...?
  • Is Moose really that reliable?
    He announced the other day that Diego Poyet had scored a winner when he wasn't even on the pitch. Haha

Blokes an idiot.

I was involved in a Q&A with Alan Brazil and Ray Parlour last Friday and neither of them can stand him.

Fat Iron.
  • Is Moose really that reliable?
    He announced the other day that Diego Poyet had scored a winner when he wasn't even on the pitch. Haha

The Mad Moose never gets out the stalls !

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!