Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Scoham said:

Scoham said:

If after all this we don't bring in another right back it will make letting Lawrie Wilson leave a bit silly

You can't keep players you'd like to improve on just in case you don't find a replacement.
    How can you improve on a back up right back?
    With a young player that's happy to fight for his place and has potential to improve?
    Aaron Barnes?
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

If after all this we don't bring in another right back it will make letting Lawrie Wilson leave a bit silly

You can't keep players you'd like to improve on just in case you don't find a replacement.
    With a young player that's happy to fight for his place and has potential to improve?
    Aaron Barnes?
    No where near good enough for the first team yet!
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Aaron Barnes?
    No way
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Or could have a player of the year runner up and is a pretty decent player?

Also what youth player are you talking about? We are currently playing a winger fullback as cover.
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Also what youth player are you talking about? We are currently playing a winger fullback as cover.
    I liked Wilson a lot, but he had clearly lost confidence and a fresh start was best for all. I would like some right back cover, however
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

I agree he's decent but I wouldn't say that's good enough for where we want to be.

I'm not talking about a youth player, I expect our cover (if we manage to sign someone) will be a younger player to challenge Solly.
  • Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Aaron Barnes?
    No where near good enough for the first team yet!
    Boooo! :wink:
  • Well researched piece. Watt's lightning pace :smiley: must have been watching him on x 2 on YouTube
  • Sponsored links:

• Just to add Romandahl was lightening quick but with the ball he was running in quick sand
  • anyone else noticed we are the background of the football league world website. Those fans are charlton fans...can see the badge on the hats
  • Addick90 said:

anyone else noticed we are the background of the football league world website. Those fans are charlton fans...can see the badge on the hats

Good spot... Any Lifers in this picture?

• Well researched piece. Watt's lightning pace :smiley: must have been watching him on x 2 on YouTube
    You don't need to be sub 11 secs to play up front in the Championship.
    You need it over 10 yards plus the change of pace to unsettle defenders. I believe Watt has that and a lot more to his game.
    You don't need to be sub 11 secs to play up front in the Championship.
    You need it over 10 yards plus the change of pace to unsettle defenders. I believe Watt has that and a lot more to his game.
    I reckon I'm sub 11 seconds over 10 yards :-)

I get what you're saying though - Watt has a gift when he runs past defenders. There really could be a brilliant player there if he gets his head down and works his arse off
  • Greenie said:

I reckon Watt is a Saturday man, not motivated when training and needs a crowd/ competitive game to get him going, a modern day Killer if you like.

I think that's a slight discredit to Watt, he's worked hard over the summer to get into shape by all accounts and admitted he found it hard going towards the end of last season as he's not that used to playing os many games back-to-back.
  • Greenie said:

I reckon Watt is a Saturday man, not motivated when training and needs a crowd/ competitive game to get him going, a modern day Killer if you like.

yes you're right re Killer, I watched him on Friday night and his bulldozing style reminded of someone, and as you say it's Killer, lets hope he is as good at scoring as bulldozing
  • Sponsored links:

• People should watch Chris Solly during the warm-ups prior to kick-off... He always looks so disinterested but then really comes to life when the match starts
  • Greenie said:

I think that's a slight discredit to Watt, he's worked hard over the summer to get into shape by all accounts and admitted he found it hard going towards the end of last season as he's not that used to playing os many games back-to-back.
    Fair point, I don't mean Watt doesn't train, I mean its not his motivation, he needs the crowd to motivate and play to, if that makes sense.
  • Greenie said:

yes you're right re Killer, I watched him on Friday night and his bulldozing style reminded of someone, and as you say it's Killer, lets hope he is as good at scoring as bulldozing
    Needs to grow a beard and stop wasting energy in the corners, just become interested when theres a chance of a goal, oh and grow a beard.
  • colin1961 said:

Henry deal still very much on says his agent ... The clubs still talking about the fee and a deal , personal terms not an issue
    SLP

According to the Express and Star he is staying at Wolves - published just now -

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2015/08/04/james-henry-has-earned-his-place-says-wolves-boss/

Something funny going on here.
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Fair point, I don't mean Watt doesn't train, I mean its not his motivation, he needs the crowd to motivate and play to, if that makes sense.
    Spot on Greenie.

Remember how good he was with the full house against the udders in the £5 game at the valley.
    Tony is at his best when he has the ball to his feet,
    and at his worst when the ball is in the air or trying to outpace defenders when he doesn't have the ball.
    Plenty of love from the CAFC crowd will help Watt who is still only 21!
    When he scored that goal against Barcelona, he was just a boy.

• Perhaps they will not release him until they have played us, which is just before the window closes.
  • @NewsShopperSprt: Playing catch up after almost a month away. Doesn't sound like there will be much likely in terms of signings at #cafc this week.
  • @NewsShopperSprt: James Henry still firmly on the #cafc wanted list but still a bit of haggling to be done with Wolves.
  • colin1961 said:

They can say what they like but the player wants to come back South

He can say what he likes, he has a contract.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!