Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• sam3110 said:

At what point did it become a Charlton Life truism that every injured player will never recover?

Apparently Solly is only with us because he can't pass a medical anywhere and can't play more than once a week ( despite being ever present towards the end of last season), Wiggins wasn't going to pass his Sheff Weds medical, we need a replacement for Henderson because he's never fit and now Igor, because he is missing 3 or 4 games, may never play for us again and needs to be replaced.

PANIC!!!!!!!

Gibbs
    Youga
    Moussa
    Three injured players spanning about 10 years.

Of course we don't have injury problems any different to other clubs. What we do have is a striker that I think most would admit to be our best finisher that hasn't been fit for months and months and after treatment over the summer still isn't fit.

We're told he will be three weeks away and my bet is that he's missing long after that. Not Igors fault but it is going to be a very big problem for us if my hunch is correct.
  • cafcfan said:

sammy391 said:

VOTV has a 'major scoop' in it the weekend according to a Twitter

what is votv?
    Clearly @Airman Brown needs a new advertising agency!
    Voice of the valley...doh
  • Has Kermorgant featured much this pre season? If not surely someone on here will start a rumour he's coming back on loan!
  • That happens every 5 pages or so mate
  • Has Kermorgant featured much this pre season? If not surely someone on here will start a rumour he's coming back on loan!

I think you just did.

Just going on twitter to tweet "someone on CL reckons Kermorgant is coming back on loan, only two left to get through the door"...
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

He injured .... Why do we want him
    back after he turned his back in us for money

We weren't in a good position at all at the time, while Bournemouth were on the up and played 10x better football than we did. The bottom line is he's getting on now and only has a few years left to earn the money that will hopefully set him for life. It's not the same as an 18 year old jumping at a paycheque whey they still have 15+ years left on his contract. It's pretty clear you have some kind of strange grudge on him going by posts on this and other forums. Though I (kind of) appreciate how much you post despite the amount of stick you get, it's posts like this which fuel the fire.
    Colin is very pro the current regime and has a very bad view of anyone that goes against them in anyway. Which is fair enough although not everything is right or wrong, sometimes the margins blur.
  • sam3110 said:

At what point did it become a Charlton Life truism that every injured player will never recover?

Apparently Solly is only with us because he can't pass a medical anywhere and can't play more than once a week ( despite being ever present towards the end of last season), Wiggins wasn't going to pass his Sheff Weds medical, we need a replacement for Henderson because he's never fit and now Igor, because he is missing 3 or 4 games, may never play for us again and needs to be replaced.

PANIC!!!!!!!

Gibbs
    Youga
    Moussa

Of course we don't have injury problems any different to other clubs. What we do have is a striker that I think most would admit to be our best finisher that hasn't been fit for months and months and after treatment over the summer still isn't fit.

We're told he will be three weeks away and my bet is that he's missing long after that. Not Igors fault but it is going to be a very big problem for us if my hunch is correct.
    Well he's hardly played pre season so I think it's unlikely we'll see him any time soon.

Mind you half of our new signings haven't played either so really have no idea what pre season was all about
  • sam3110 said:

PANIC!!!!!!!

Gibbs
    Youga
    Moussa

Has anyone actually confirmed that he missing for the same injury that was giving him grief last season? Genuine question.
  • edited August 2015

sam3110 said:

PANIC!!!!!!!

Gibbs
    Youga
    Moussa

Has anyone actually confirmed that he missing for the same injury that was giving him grief last season? Genuine question.
    No and I find it bizarre, that not one of the journos, have asked the bleedin obvious question !
  • edited August 2015
    Didn't Luzon say before Bolton that he had a 'slight muscle injury'?

EDIT - after the west ham game -

"Igor is carrying a small muscle injury but we hope he will be ready for the start of the season".

Hmmm - not sure slight muscle injuries take over a month. Is the Achilles a muscle? Be interesting to see if it is mentioned in the physios column in the programme tomorrow.

• Achilles tendon injuries are tough to shake off, particularly without surgery.

When did we all become so unsympathetic about injuries? Wiggins was hugely unlucky to get 3 broken feet, yet many slated him . Even Solly doesn't command sympathy from
    all .
  • edited August 2015
    I blame Derek Hales. He said " fractured metatarsals, in my day they were called broken toes and you just carried on playing with them..."
    Mind you I think Derek sometimes played when he didn't have his head.

Derek used to break his toes on opponents, (or the occasional teammate) teeth.
  • All gone quiet on the James Henry deal then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

All gone quiet on the James Henry deal then?

http://www.cafcpicks.com

Ketts says there could potentially be a signing or two today. He also previously said with Wiggins gone Henry should go through, Stuart Taylor should sign and a utility defender could come in.
  • Any signings have to be registered by midday today to be eligible for tomorrow

Kermorgant is coming back?

So glad we have Canters sharing his inside knowledge.

Viva Les Addicks
  • Scoham said:

Valley11 said:

Ketts says there could potentially be a signing or two today. He also previously said with Wiggins gone Henry should go through, Stuart Taylor should sign and a utility defender could come in.
    I will cream my pants if Taylor signs.
  • Talal said:

Scoham said:

Valley11 said:

The ladies must love you
  • Talal said:

Scoham said:

Valley11 said:

Putting aside the probable sarcasm there Talal, is Stuart Taylor any good? Or is that his name just sounds like a safe pair of hands? I understand opinion will be based upon mostly reserve games, League Cup, friendlies etc., but just wondering?
  • Very frustrating, but also nice to get some recognition for once.
  • Talal said:

Scoham said:

Valley11 said:

The ladies must love you
    They've never been more disappointed
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!