Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• So we're sending out Dmitrovic, a pretty good keeper, if anything better than Pope. And signing a 30 odd year old journeyman? So much for ambition.

Yep no ambition our owner, not spent a penny on better players than we had last season.
    Were do we get our fans from...Prozac R Us?
  • Greenie said:

So we're sending out Dmitrovic, a pretty good keeper, if anything better than Pope. And signing a 30 odd year old journeyman? So much for ambition.

Yep no ambition our owner, not spent a penny on better players than we had last season.
    Were do we get our fans from...Prozac R Us?
    We're only as ambitious as our last signing!!
  • Maybe a *slight* exaggeration, but I don't think anyone can tell me this is a good signing. Just lazily googled English free agents to try and please fans, only to come out with the likes of Roger Johnson.
  • edited July 2015

Maybe a *slight* exaggeration, but I don't think anyone can tell me this is a good signing. Just lazily googled English free agents to try and please fans, only to come out with the likes of Roger Johnson.

Or trying to get the most out of our budget. If getting Taylor as a back up GK saves us money to get another player in then I would rather that than spent on another GK.
  • Wait, Dmitrovic is going out on loan ?
  • se9addick said:

Wait, Dmitrovic is going out on loan ?

He posted a picture looking out a plane window the other day, rumours are that he is off to join Alcoron on loan
  • Maybe a *slight* exaggeration, but I don't think anyone can tell me this is a good signing. Just lazily googled English free agents to try and please fans, only to come out with the likes of Roger Johnson.

Or trying to get the most out of our budget. If getting Taylor as a back up GK saves us money to get another player in then I would rather that than spent on another GK.
    Oh ok, so we're forgetting quality and going with the cheapest option available, great plan.
  • se9addick said:

Wait, Dmitrovic is going out on loan ?

He posted a picture looking out a plane window the other day, rumours are that he is off to join Alcoron on loan
    Cheers, that's a shame - I think he's probably better than Pope.
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting happening afloat at Wolves... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33677011

With them accepting a bid from Wigan for Michael Jacobs where does that leave us trying to sign James Henry?
  • Interesting happening afloat at Wolves... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33677011

With them accepting a bid from Wigan for Michael Jacobs where does that leave us trying to sign James Henry?

They have already signed Jed Wallace and Connor Coady,who can play on the wing i believe
  • Also if the Taylor thing is true, it is not every goalkeeper that would sign for s club knowing he is doing so as third choice.

Oh ok, so we're forgetting quality and going with the cheapest option available, great plan.
    IF and its only a IF it is a case of getting a decent CB or another keeper to sit on the bench I know what I would choose.
  • Stephen Henderson... Third choice Goalkeeper at West Ham, barely played in years

Stuart Taylor... Ermmmm third choice goalkeeper @ Manchester City, barely played in years (Whoops)

How can you even post that after all the signings this summer?!? Some people are so unreasonable.
    At what point did I comment on the rest of the signings? I'm taking about Stuart Taylor, nobody else.
  • Having a n experienced keeper around the place like will be a good thing especially with the likes of pope and dimtrov about

• Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

Also if the Taylor thing is true, it is not every goalkeeper that would sign for s club knowing he is doing so as third choice.

Correct - it takes a real, genuine lack of ambition to want to do that

• Swisdom said:

cfgs said:

Also if the Taylor thing is true, it is not every goalkeeper that would sign for s club knowing he is doing so as third choice.

Correct - it takes a real, genuine lack of ambition to want to do that

Indeed, but it is horses for courses etc.
  • Can only assume Marko has been told Pope will get the nod and he wants to play. Still, considering Hendo's injury it is weird we're letting him go.
  • Either the new goalkeeping coaches don't rate him or Guy has told him he's third choice behind Hendo and Pope .
  • Maybe Dmitrovic going out on loan means that Henderson's injury wont be as bad as before?
  • Roly out.
  • I hope he is going to be their No.1 and actually play a decent amount of games.

I think he is better than Pope and would have preferred him to be playing whilst Henderson gets fit once again.

If he is just a bench warmer over there I don't understand the logic of it all.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!