Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Great coming on here and seeing a few decent rumours.

Sarr for 2mil would be quite exciting I think, from the little I know.

Gutted that Wiggins looks to be leaving because he seems like a good bloke and always gave his all, pivotal part in the brilliant League 1 winning season and will always remember him for that. From a footballing point of view I am not too fussed, with the bergdich signing and Fox I think that will give us sufficient cover for the left back position. Big fan of Fox anyway he is going to only get better too.

• What's Connor Gough doing these days? Could be decent back up for a couple of months.

Brandon Hall?
  • Martinez from Arsenal? Just a pure guess.
  • Daniel Bentley of Southend would be an excellent choice. Currently linked with West Ham.
  • Can't remember who, think Hull, had a bid for Bently rejected last with.

With regards Dmitrovic I think that is a great shame as I believe he's a decent keeper. Can only assume he's not happy being number three behind Hendo and Pope as that appears to be what he is. If he's off I hope it's a loan only as we could be making a big mistake otherwise. Whether Mitov can step up in the meantime who knows but the only the other day people were saying Pope was too young and inexperienced at this level so what does that make Mitov?
  • Oh, just thought, if we were interested in Bently then we have Piggy to use to barter with.
  • I always look for previous connections in terms of transfers . Ben Roberts had worked with Sullivan and Henderson at Yeovil before bringing them here.

Lee Turner would have coached Bentley at Southend .Possible part exchange involving the Pig?

Martinez would have been coached by Lee Smelt who recently re joined us as the academy GK coach so there would be another connection.

I have suggested Lee Camp before . Spanner number one David Forde wants away also .Both would be experienced at this level.
  • Swap Pigott for Bentley, may have to add a bit of cash to seal the deal.
  • Would be very happy with either Camp or Forde, rate them both highly.
  • Forde ???? Wash your mouth out.
  • Sponsored links:

• markmc68 said:

Forde ???? Wash your mouth out.

Why ? Nicky Johns was one of our best ever keepers and he was an ex Spanner. Their legend Harry Cripps helped us to promotion in 1974/75.

To throw another name in . What about the professional reserve keeper Stuart Taylor ?

• Fortunately I think that ship has sailed.
  • Dave Beasant can still do a job I believe.
  • Prefer Bob Bolder to Dave Beasant.
  • Guy Luzon's favoured keeper at Liege is now available on a freebie.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eiji_Kawashima

Could see a situation where we offer him a short-term deal. 3-6 months or something similar.

Not advocating this as I know bugger all about him, but it would potentially be a short-term fix.
  • Good call!
  • colin1961 said:

Rob Elliott loan from Newcastle ?????

Good call!

Others said that on the previous page, it would be a popular move though.
  • Would be happy with that
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard. I was joking. Keep your hair on.
  • Elliott was even more injury prone than Henderson. And he wasn't that good either. No from me.
  • Karl Darlow on loan from Newcastle perhaps, although you'd have thought Nottingam Forest would have got him back if they could have.
  • Karl Darlow on loan from Newcastle perhaps, although you'd have thought Nottingam Forest would have got him back if they could have.

Not too sure as Forest have recently got Ben Hamer in on loan

• edited July 2015
    I meant they'd have probably tried to get Darlow on loan again rather than bringing Hamer in. Presumably Newcastle said no and so Forest turned their attentions elsewhere.

If Darlow is now second choice then it means Elliot's further down the pecking order... Not that I'd want him back.
  • http://www.supersporting.net/naby-sarr-no-charlton-pode-render-25-milhoes/

"Naby Sarr was little used last season by Marco Silva and this season does not even account for Jorge Jesus , why have to leave the way open for Sporting head to England, where he is wanted by Charlton.

According to the Record , Charlton is in 'pole position' to ensure the signing of defender of the Sporting and the transfer should yield to the coffers of the lions around two million euros, as the newspaper O Jogo reports that can reach a plug of around 2.5 million euros.

Hired a year ago to Lyon by 1 million euros, the French defense 21 years even started the season the holder, making duo with the Brazilian Mauricio , but was gradually losing his place in the defensive axis to Paulo Oliveira ."
  • Had always preferred Randolph to Elliott when they were both here.

Agree Randolph is a much better keeper.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!