Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Greenie said:

Had always preferred Randolph to Elliott when they were both here.

Agree Randolph is a much better keeper.
    Disagree. Elliot is more secure on crosses and patrols his box better. Pity we didn't challenge Randolph with crosses on Saturday
  • Lard arse Elliott, couldn't get across his goal for long range shots, below average distribution, but had a relatively good jump on him and could stop close range shots.
  • Piotr p on Twitter the time is right new challenge sounds like he's off ( again )
  • 4 bowman said:

Piotr p on Twitter the time is right new challenge sounds like he's off ( again )

Feel sorry for Polish Pete, his life is like a revolving door, he never gets time to settle.
  • cfgs said:

4 bowman said:

Piotr p on Twitter the time is right new challenge sounds like he's off ( again )

Feel sorry for Polish Pete, his life is like a revolving door, he never gets time to settle.
    Mission Improbable/Impossible .. starring Peter Parsley: .. your mission, should you choose to accept it ..
  • Robbie Elliott is number 4 at Newcastle now behind
    The Dutchman, Fredie Woodman, and Darlow.
    When Andy Woodman Was Keeper Coach at CAFC he told me there was nothing between Robbie and Randolph, and that Randolph could be a Championship Keeper.
    With 91 games for Birmingham in the champ and 111 games for Motherwell in Scottish Prem, Andy was right.

Robbie Elliott with 96 CAFC and 16 for Geordie boys in 4 years
    has earned decent money in recent years but stop/start career
    in many ways. On last year of contract, could give Pope competition when/if Henderson injuries crop up.
  • Sponsored links:

• So our 2 CBS will have a combined height of 13 foot

Could be handy
  • Is it too greedy to hope that we get Sarr and Lengelt (?)... Our Defence would be completed then surely with the latter as Right-Back cover as well?
  • Is it too greedy to hope that we get Sarr and Lengelt (?)... Our Defence would be completed then surely with the latter as Right-Back cover as well?

Not greedy, just a bit overly optimistic though!

I would be over the moon with this but I have a feeling with have gone back to Sarr as Lengelt has fallen through. Hope I am wrong.
  • I'd still like another striker as well as 2 CB's to be honest. I like the sound of Makienok but not sure if he is the out and out goalscorer we need, but will be a good asset. another player in the vetokele type role would be appealing.

Sarr and Lenglet would be good signings based on reviews, but I suspect will get only one not both. Luzon says he wants 2-3 more. will be an interesting couple of weeks.
  • Bearing in mind it is looking more and more likely that Igor will hardly feature, then a striker on a season long loan (so as not to completely naff off Ahearne Grant) may be a necessity.

Sarr would be another big upgrade on paper, and I am expecting a long contract (3 or 4 years) to ensure sell on value.

He scored in the champs league group stages last year. Don't think he will be bricking it at Derby, QPR, Boro or any of our leading contenders.
  • Bearing in mind it is looking more and more likely that Igor will hardly feature, then a striker on a season long loan (so as not to completely naff off Ahearne Grant) may be a necessity.

Sarr would be another big upgrade on paper, and I am expecting a long contract (3 or 4 years) to ensure sell on value.

He scored in the champs league group stages last year. Don't think he will be bricking it at Derby, QPR, Boro or any of our leading contenders.

Luzon said Igor will be ready for the qpr game.

What makes you think he will hardly feature?
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting that Naby Sarr wasnt involved for Sporting Lisbon against Crystal Palace yesterday.

It's a gut feel. Maybe pessimistic, but something doesnt seem right. Rumours of him still limping at the Welling friendly. Also he has had all summer to get over this achilles injury, which at best seems to be still in need of management.
  • Interesting that Naby Sarr wasnt involved for Sporting Lisbon against Crystal Palace yesterday.

Maybe he's on the verge of a move somehwere.

Maybe he's on the verge of a move somehwere.
    could be ...wonder where?

It's a gut feel. Maybe pessimistic, but something doesnt seem right. Rumours of him still limping at the Welling friendly. Also he has had all summer to get over this achilles injury, which at best seems to be still in need of management.
    Achilles injuries can take 6 months to get over. I would like another forward to come in; I think all 4 of ours have good attributes but I don't think we posess a 20 goal per season forward . Perhaps we are all being too greedy!
  • Achilles injuries are long term - and need to be completely heeled (sorry) before you stress them again. Had one once (not a sports injury) - but was sore for 4-5 months before I could say was 'cured'. Think playing him last season when he was injured might have complicated it. Would rather they wait for him to be 100%.
  • Get Mendonca out of the factory up north

Steve Jones will drive him down
  • colin1961 said:

Bearing in mind it is looking more and more likely that Igor will hardly feature, then a striker on a season long loan (so as not to completely naff off Ahearne Grant) may be a necessity.

I saw him at welling , looked fine no limp
    Did he have a gangster bop/strut going on that may be mistakable as a limp?
  • Would imagine that the inflated Lenglet price tag is too much for us (I'm please that we're not spending that much too). Sarr sounds like a decent option. I only know him from FIFA but seems like he's done well enough so far in his career. Definitely need a RB cover (maybe Herd?) as dont think Sarr plays there.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!