Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Valley11 said:

Is Sarr any good then?

Starr sarr
  • cfgs said:

6 foot 5? This is all very un-Charlton we always seem to have a small team. Who is going to physically intimidate us now?

Millwall in the cup
    Phew, was beginning to miss our team of Umpa Lumpas for a bit.
  • cfgs said:

6 foot 5? This is all very un-Charlton we always seem to have a small team. Who is going to physically intimidate us now?

Any truth in this? Or are we just being linked to him same as six months ago.
  • cfgs said:

Any truth in this? Or are we just being linked to him same as six months ago.
    It's a new article
  • colin1961 said:

Wolves fans still seem to be pretty set on Henry leaving still, and with I being known that he wants to come I can see it happening. The worrying thing is I was told that Lenglet would also be done by Monday or Tuesday, and given that that he played yesterday and there's been no update today it looks like it could be off.

Why is it worrying? Is Lenglet (a player 90% of the posters on this forum had probably never heard of 10 days ago) the only centre back who we could possibly sign?

We'll sign a centre back. When? Don't know. Who? Don't know.

It really isn't something to worry about.
    I agree with you to an extent, but the fact is we have missed out on plenty of players in this window, the majority of which haven't even been discussed. I know that a few ''marquee" type signing have already fallen through. With Lenglet looking like such a promising young player, who not only half solves our problem at CB but also covers at RB, it'd just be nice for us to get a big signing over the line. It won't be cheap either, Juventes had a fairly hefty bid rejected earlier this summer or in January I think, meant to be around 3.5 million.
    8 mill euros was the figure mentioned works out roughly 5mill pounds
    No it wasn't. That was a comical remark made on their forum!

Get with the times Colin.
  • Never been ITK or claimed it, think that we need a wide player (winger not a chubster like me) and a central defender. Think we can probably get by with one more for now. The fact thar Igor's achilles has not recovered after a summers rest is a tad disconcerting. Currently we have two creators (one with height the other with skill) but no predator, so (unless he has already left) why not make loan bid for Le Fondre?
  • Sponsored links:

• Le Fondre has experience at this level so he's not going to be in the frame.

Happy Sundays
  • Le Fondre has also made it clear he would prefer to move up north preferably to Bolton.
  • I think Sarr deal will happen.

Bauer - Portuguese top flight
    Bergdich - French/Italian/Spanish top flight
    Kashi - French top flight
    Makienok - Swedish/Italian top flight
    Sarr - Champions league

I don't pretend to know exactly how good these players are, but they all have experience at a very decent 'level' - arguably better than the Championship.
    Yes, but can they do it on a cold Tuesday night in Rotherham ;)
  • Something really not right with the Igor situation....gut feel we will barely see him this year.
  • cfgs said:

Solly's going to have a stiff neck!

Henry? And all the players with Championship experience that we signed in the past year?
  • Something really not right with the Igor situation....gut feel we will barely see him this year.

At Dulwich Hamlet he made no impact in the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• The journo who first broke the James Henry story , saying that wolves are now after winger Craig noone who is their top target ...
  • Le Fondre has also made it clear he would prefer to move up north preferably to Bolton.

Le Fondre has experience at this level so he's not going to be in the frame.

You lot are like my family. You ruin all my dreams and cunning plans :'(
  • Greenie said:

sammy391 said:

The journo who first broke the James Henry story , saying that wolves are now after winger Craig noone who is their top target ...

Whenever Noones name comes up I always read it as Craig No One.
    Just thought I would mention it.
    Carry on.
    I do the exact same.
  • colin1961 said:

Greenie said:

sammy391 said:

The journo who first broke the James Henry story , saying that wolves are now after winger Craig noone who is their top target ...

Carry on.
    Would rather have Noone then Henry to be honest

Very good! Thanks Colin
  • colin1961 said:

Greenie said:

sammy391 said:

Carry on.
    Would rather have Noone then Henry to be honest
    I would rather have Henry than No one.

• I didn't think it could happen but this thread has hit a new low. Congratulations.
  • Anyone think Lennon looked good yesterday, and also Sakho who was on top form in the PL last season was kept very quiet by Bauer and Diarra, I think one CB is needed personally.

I must admit I quite liked the look of Lennon. He certainly is a big lad. I thought he looked comfortable, I know it was only a friendly blah blah blah but he looks a very good prospect and if "needed" I'm sure could do a good job for us.
    I'm still really not sure about Nick Pope though, I really "want" to like him nut he looks SO nervous to me, everything seems to be in slow motion, his communication is very very quiet, he doesn't seem "commanding" in his area. I know he has done really well whilst out on loan but I be happier with a more verbal, confident looking keeper. I fear he will be "targeted" unless things change?
  • Greenie
    Carry on.

Pleased it's not just me then (-:

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!