Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• TravHouse said:

Clement Lenglet left out of Nancy game earlier. Hoping this deal goes through asap

Agreed. It looks to me this could be a great signing. Young and represented France at all levels from U16 to U21
  • Rob said:

TravHouse said:

Clement Lenglet left out of Nancy game earlier. Hoping this deal goes through asap

Agreed. It looks to me this could be a great signing. Young and represented France at all levels from U16 to U21
    Unless he is injured there would be no reason to leave him out unless he was about to be transferred.

For me this is the most exciting potential signing of the summer. Excellent pedigree and scouted by top European clubs.
  • WSS said:

What levels did Yassin Moutakill play at for France and who was also after him before we signed him?

don't know the answers but going to guess at u16-u21 & Juventus.
  • Lenglet played for Nancy tonight apparently. Not sounding good for him coming in ?
  • Lenglet played for Nancy tonight apparently. Not sounding good for him coming in ?

It lists him as playing in their one all draw on their website, so gather he must have.
  • TravHouse said:

Rob said:

TravHouse said:

Unless he is injured there would be no reason to leave him out unless he was about to be transferred.

For me this is the most exciting potential signing of the summer. Excellent pedigree and scouted by top European clubs.
    He played Trav - not sure what you saw so that's not happening I would guess.

Need for a centre back is critical so I can only guess we have another one sorted.

If we are unveiling someone tomorrow as someone on here confirmed then it must be Henry.

As for defence we may have no choice but to keep Bikey involved as third choice and pay for a proven top notch championship centre back.
  • Sponsored links:

• TravHouse said:

Rob said:

TravHouse said:

He played Trav - not sure what you saw so that's not happening I would guess.

Need for a centre back is critical so I can only guess we have another one sorted.

If we are unveiling someone tomorrow as someone on here confirmed then it must be Henry.

As for defence we may have no choice but to keep Bikey involved as third choice and pay for a proven top notch championship centre back.
    Yeah just seen on the Official website.. disappointing.

I translated a French Nancy Supporters club twitter feed that stated he wasn't playing..

Damn you bing translator!!
  • WSS said:

What levels did Yassin Moutakill play at for France and who was also after him before we signed him?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yassin_Moutaouakil
  • Apparently Cyprian started for Lens tonight too, but Jean Phillippe Gbamin a CB we've apparently been looking at was left out.
  • Centre backs please Roland. Why was the interest in Dewaest cooled?
  • Centre back was where we let so many go, yet it is the area we have left alone other than getting Bauer in. You need to give the defensive unit playing time togethe pre seaskn before QPR especially if they are in front of a nervous Pope. Very strange.
  • Centre backs please Roland. Why was the interest in Dewaest cooled?

Didn't that rumour start on one of those Twitter accounts with about 10 followers? Not sure there ever was interest in Dewaest.
  • edited July 2015
    Interesting to read the Nancy view of us looking at Lenglet. Look in the transfer window section:

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://forum.asnl.net/&prev=search
  • Wonder if we are still in for Cyprien after Ceballos signing.
  • Wonder if we are still in for Cyprien after Ceballos signing.

If rumours that he would be loaned straight to St Trinians are true then it is no loss.

Henry is the one I want, but the centre back situation is approaching crisis point and is where all the focus should be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting to read the Nancy view of us looking at Lenglet. Look in the transfer window section:

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://forum.asnl.net/&prev=search

Lousy suburb of London, said somebody. Really? What would they say about Bermondsey then.
  • edited July 2015
    WSS said:

I remember the days when you were an upbeat positive guy WSS. You have been seriously charltonised.
  • Can't see it happening if he's played for Nancy tonight, we desperately need at least two centre backs in still.
  • We have a 34 year old filling in at centre back 2 weeks before the season starts which is bordering on farcical when you consider how long we have had to do something about it. Regardless of the work done elsewhere on the squad.

Makes Bikey being frozen out, and Johnson and Ben Haim being let go seem bizarre.
  • Ben Haim wasn't let go.
  • Hoban, Herd, Lenglet, at least one will sign
  • sam3110 said:

Hoban, Herd, Lenglet, at least one will sign

Lenglet looks unlikely, herd can cover right back and is not a centre back by trade. That leaves Hoban who would be ok. Still need an experienced championship centre back to guide the younger guys. For the money we are supposedly looking at for Lenglet we could have afforded Shackell or someone similar.

Now is the time I wish Roland still had Liege.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!