Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• According to Richard Cawley club is optimistic that Jordan Cousins will sign four year deal, posted in SLP. Hope to wake up to more good news tomorrow. Good night all.
  • edited July 2015
    I posted the following on the updated squad list!

Was getting confused with all the rumours of incomings, and with the Bite size thread missing in action, I have gone through a few threads and have compiled a list of those we have been lined with/have had on trial! My info is all third hand/from Wikipedia so feel free to correct anything...

Linked with

James Henry - 26yr old winger from Wolves

Wylan Cyprien - 20yr old Attacking mid (can also play on the wing) from lens. Reported that he is going straight out on loan to STVV.

Clement Lenglet - 20 yr old CB from AS Nancy ( can cover RB)

Chris Herd - 26yr old CB ( can also play as a defensive midfielder) unattached. Was at Villa last year. Reported he was on trial but not sure if he has featured in any games..

Stephen Kelly - 31 yr old championship experienced RB ROI international. A free agent after refusing a contract with reading. Again reported he has been on trial here but not sure if he has featured in any games.

Michael Siegfried - a 27 year old Swiss CB

On trial

Jake Sinclair - 20 yr old striker/winger released by Southampton. Younger brother of Scott. Has played and impressed in friendlies..

Joe Aribo - 18 yr old Attacking midfielder from staines town. Has impressed on trial Euell hinted in an interview that he could go into the first team squad!

Josh Staunton - 20 yr old RB/CB released by Gillingham

Peter/Peta?? A defender, not sure who or from where.

Griffiths also a defender. As above not a clue...

Marcel Barrington -19yr old striker from Guyana. Has spent time in Stoke and Leicesters academies.

Martin Netzer - winger

Browne

Ferguson

I expect those on trial bar maybe Sinclair and Aribo are meant for the youth teams...
    jams said:

Question - what the hell happened to anil koc?

Heard he got shafted
  • edited July 2015
    Hope we sign Joe Aribo just for the song.

Kids and grown ups love him so, the happy world Joe Aribo
  • Dazzler21 said:

could Ceballos in mean Cousins out?

Give Rich Cawley a follow on Twitter and he'll answer that for you
  • Rossman92 said:

Dazzler21 said:

could Ceballos in mean Cousins out?

Give Rich Cawley a follow on Twitter and he'll answer that for you
    Cousins will be signing a new contract soon.

• Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday believed to be interested in Wiggins. Source:SLP
  • Swap for Tom Lees with Massives?
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't forget that our Academy Head of Recruitment Paul Senior joined Wednesday two months ago so would have the inside line on Rhoys
  • edited July 2015
    Don't think Rhoys will be keen on a move to Sheffield tbh, could see Ipswich perhaps though. He'd still be backup to Parr though.
  • Good shout on Paul senior. His mrs is most probably wiggins agent.
  • cabbles said:

Valley11 said:

Ipswich would be a good move for him. Hope he gets a deal sorted as he seems a good egg.

I think he's been great for us. Was real class and a cut above in the league 1 title winning season. Although I wasn't there that cross he put in for Kermorgant to score away at Oldham when we were down to 9 men. I can imagine going mental if I were there that day.

I think he's easily held his own in the champ and but for the 2 recurring injuries he would still be mine and our first choice!!!!

If you want to talk about wishing someone like Church well upon leaving (which I do) then this man gets it multiplied by 100 if he does go. A decent player who will be remembered as a key component of the great league 1 title win
    Sadly he didn't really push on since League One. Injuries haven't helped, but I remember Zaha tearing him a new one against Palarse and we've barely seen him since that game. I'd wish him well if he left, but I think he's stood still in the last couple of years and we'd not miss him as much as we once might have.
  • cabbles said:

Valley11 said:

Ipswich would be a good move for him. Hope he gets a deal sorted as he seems a good egg.

I think he's been great for us. Was real class and a cut above in the league 1 title winning season. Although I wasn't there that cross he put in for Kermorgant to score away at Oldham when we were down to 9 men. I can imagine going mental if I were there that day.

I think he's easily held his own in the champ and but for the 2 recurring injuries he would still be mine and our first choice!!!!

If you want to talk about wishing someone like Church well upon leaving (which I do) then this man gets it multiplied by 100 if he does go. A decent player who will be remembered as a key component of the great league 1 title win
    Fully agree. Sadly though, since his injuries he simply has not been the same player and I suspect would be 3rd choice for next season if he stayed. As we have seen in the past, there is no room for sentiment in a RD squad and so his departure was perhaps inevitable. I wish him well and hope that he can show his undoubted ability elsewhere.
  • I'd be gutted if he went. May have injury troubles now, but that League 1 season he was one of the best players in the league. Hartlepool away sticks out for me when he just flying up the left wing all afternoon.
  • I'd be gutted if he went. May have injury troubles now, but that League 1 season he was one of the best players in the league. Hartlepool away sticks out for me when he just flying up the left wing all afternoon.

Agree he was great in League One, but that was three years ago, in a division below. Harsh as it sounds I don't think he has or will make the step up to Championship level on a consistent basis and therefore it's right to try and move him on.
  • If we sold wiggins we'd be short of players again. We need him if Bergy plays left mid and Fox Lb
  • Sponsored links:

• Addicted said:

If we sold wiggins we'd be short of players again. We need him if Bergy plays left mid and Fox Lb

As I understand Wiggins is on decent money - not sure we can afford for him to be a back up left back.
  • In League 1 he was brilliant, a Brazilian style fullback rampaging forward and causing havoc. Then the injuries started and he has never been the same, he seems to take a month or so to get back to a decent standard after each return to the side but he still isn't that player he was. He is still good defensively but seems to have lost the cavalier spark that made him the player he was, it maybe that it has been drummed out of him or he fears he can't recover his ground anymore.

Whatever reason if he is surplus to requirements here than I wish him all the best, when he was good he was very good.
  • I like wiggins but since his injury he has sadly not been the same player. £750k is a good price for him. If he finds his old form prior to injury Wednesday will have a bargain. But I don't think he will because he's had so many problems. Shame though
  • jams said:

Question - what the hell happened to anil koc?

As far as I remember he was only a youth loan from Standard Liege, and went back to SL last year.
  • What time is lenglet walking through the door?
  • edited July 2015

Don't honk Rhoys will be keen on a move to Sheffield tbh, could see Ipswich perhaps though. He'd still be backup to Parr though.

Parr. Is that the ex Palace player? Wiggins (if fit and firing) is a lot better from what I have seen.

If Wiggins was fit & firing, we wouldn't be moving him on.

If we got £750K for him, I feel that would be unbelieveably good. In fact I can't see it. Even £500K would be brilliant (bearing in mind he can't play more than 10 games, without being injured again & out for months).
  • se9addick said:

Addicted said:

If we sold wiggins we'd be short of players again. We need him if Bergy plays left mid and Fox Lb

As I understand Wiggins is on decent money - not sure we can afford for him to be a back up left back.
    You're probably right there, and if the figures of 0.75m are correct then its a fair price. Not sure THD is defensively good enough for champ yet though so across the whole back 4 we're looking pretty thin. Guessing this will be strengthened with 3 signings from now if Wiggins does go
  • Think we need two Centre backs and a right back - or even one centre back and one who can play centre or right.

Then our squads finished.

Something like

Right Backs - Solly, Herd

Left Backs - Bergdich, Fox

centre backs - Bauer, Lenglet, New Signing, Diarra
  • edited July 2015
    Lenglet is a CB who can apparently play RB, so him and another CB would probably do the job.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!