Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• It's funny how we have left all the centre backs till the end where we have the biggest hole. If we are going bigger on the spending then maybe they are harder to get over the line.
  • Lenglet is a CB who can play apparently play RB, so him and another CB would probably do the job.

Him and keep Bikey - unless we can get better in which wont be easy.
  • Lenglet is a CB who can play apparently play RB, so him and another CB would probably do the job.

it's not hard to get better than Bikey. Really don't rate him and Luzon certainly doesn't.

Guess most modern defenders can fill in where required but the more detailed write up from France suggested he might struggle for pace in the wider positions. Thankfully Solly played more than most of us expected last season but without quite being the player he was. With the additional CM's on board I guess Cousins can always revert to RB but wouldn't want to move him too often after last season.

• edited July 2015
    It's without doubt his injuries that have done for him. Wasn't he just about the first player that RD nailed down on a decent contract ? It's not his ability in question its paying him probably very decent money when I he can't stay fit.

We have given him two seasons to get up and firing again and he's not been able to deliver. We have to replace him with some quality which has now at last been done and he needs to move to accommodate that.

I wish him well. Three years ago he was a cracking player on his day.
  • Addicted said:

se9addick said:

Addicted said:

If we sold wiggins we'd be short of players again. We need him if Bergy plays left mid and Fox Lb

As I understand Wiggins is on decent money - not sure we can afford for him to be a back up left back.
    You're probably right there, and if the figures of 0.75m are correct then its a fair price. Not sure THD is defensively good enough for champ yet though so across the whole back 4 we're looking pretty thin. Guessing this will be strengthened with 3 signings from now if Wiggins does go
    £750k for Wiggins would be amazing - I was assuming he was going on a free !

it's not hard to get better than Bikey. Really don't rate him and Luzon certainly doesn't.
    I can pinpoint some stuff that makes him look rubbish, but lots of stuff that makes him effective. He is that sort of player/ I think Ben Haim and Johnson made as many, if not more errors that led to goals last season as he did and his power is a real asset.
  • but we don't want Cousins at right back do we, even in reserve?

that would take away from the midfield which, as good as it might be this season still needs Cousins to be in there. he thrived when he was moved into the centre and that is where he should stay, imo. we need his energy in midfield.

we're bringing in options in all/most positions, let's get Kelly or Herd in to cover that r/b slot.

not sure covering at r/b will be forming part of his ongoing contract negotiations either.
  • I agree about Wiggins - he definitely had premiership potential but, as previously said, his pace has taken a hit. He was phenomenal at stopping crosses into the box but he also had trickery to beat the opposing full back (i remember him putting someone on his arse once with a drop of the shoulder - brilliant moment).

It's a shame because my company have sponsored him for the last 3 seasons and he's always nice to have a chat to - but business is business so if there are replacements and his face doesn't fit then it's best for all parties that he goes.

That said - £750k for someone we have barely seen for a couple of years would be tremendous!
  • se9addick said:

I'd be gutted if he went. May have injury troubles now, but that League 1 season he was one of the best players in the league. Hartlepool away sticks out for me when he just flying up the left wing all afternoon.

Agree he was great in League One, but that was three years ago, in a division below. Harsh as it sounds I don't think he has or will make the step up to Championship level on a consistent basis and therefore it's right to try and move him on.
    I do begrudgingly agree with this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Does anyone know his games played stats for each season since he's joined?
  • So,etimes players have it at the bottom of their wiki but not in this case
  • I think we owe it to Wiggins to give him a chance to get fit and stay fit. He's easily our best left back when fit, despite the progress of Fox (who I rate). We're losing a good Championship player here. Good luck to him.

He's not been fit for two seasons.
  • 11/12 - 45
    12/13 - 20
    13/14 - 38
    14/15 - 21
  • I never thought I’d be saying this as I have always rated Wiggins, but £750k – I’d bite their hands off. Would be fantastic if that could help us get the Henry deal over the line.
  • 11/12 - 45
    12/13 - 20
    13/14 - 38
    14/15 - 21

hardly a crock then !!
  • Jeez 200+ new posts and all I've read is two promising new signings and the strong possibility of Cousins signing a new deal...
  • Let's not mix up being Match fit and playing at near 100%.
    In his own words Wiggins said that it takes him games too get back to speed.
    so out of those 21 games last season where he had 3 different injuries to overcome, he was at his best for about 8 of those.
    The crying shame is seeing Wiggins doing those runs is a great sight, but either the wingers in the Champ are getting faster( i think they are) or Wiggins have lost a yard of pace ? He was superb in the Norwich away game and thought he would kick on from there, but injuries are never too far away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rumours??!

Apparently a player arrived at the trainings ground 30 mins ago according to ITTV.
  • I think we owe it to Wiggins to give him a chance to get fit and stay fit. He's easily our best left back when fit, despite the progress of Fox (who I rate). We're losing a good Championship player here. Good luck to him.

He's not been fit for two seasons.

11/12 - 45
    12/13 - 20
    13/14 - 38
    14/15 - 21

• Only 1 shit we are in trouble Ben Roberts was right we are gonna be fkd if we only have 1 player training
  • Only 1 shit we are in trouble Ben Roberts was right we are gonna be fkd if we only have 1 player training

Yep - apparently he is playing top trumps with Reza in the cafe.
  • Rumours??!

Apparently a player arrived at the trainings ground 30 mins ago according to ITTV.

I think Henry has this covered....our man on the spot this morning, I believe....

• edited July 2015
    It must be Lenglet. This is a big signing seeing as Juventus offered more than £3m euros and ther eis interest from clubs like St Etienne.
  • Rumours??!

Thanks, Colin
  • The source is Colin so don't get your hopes up people.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!