Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Or don't worry about defending, go all retro to the Peacock, Flanagan, Hales and Powell era, and make 4-3 the new 1-1.
  • The massives have a load of centre backs of the style that may fill a hole for us. Could we organise a swap for Wiggins? Someone like Loovens or Lees?
  • We have a 34 year old filling in at centre back 2 weeks before the season starts which is bordering on farcical when you consider how long we have had to do something about it. Regardless of the work done elsewhere on the squad.

Makes Bikey being frozen out, and Johnson and Ben Haim being let go seem bizarre.

Not to mention Dervite and Morrison.
  • Good point - I forgot about them!
  • Jarman said:

sasquatch said:

Don't know whether it has been mentioned somewhere, but Parzyszek has been rumoured to be close to a switch to the Danish club Randers FC. It is in a local paper here in Denmark.

http://www.bold.dk/nyt/avis-randers-taet-paa-polsk-angriber

Randers FC beckons this summer goodbye to Djiby Fall and kronjyderne would like to have a replacement. It may prove to be a Polish striker who will carry on from the Fall.

At least write Randers Amtsavis that the club is close to closing a deal with Piotr Parzyszek. The 21-year-old striker has come in profits in Charlton, after Championship side have picked Simon Makienok.

190 centimeters long Parzyszek was last season on loan to Sint-Truiden in the second national division, scoring 11 goals in 31 games. He also has a number of U-caps for Poland on the CV.
    Bet his missus is content.

Nah - girth is the important one
  • colin1961 said:

Read it ... Makes no sense his he coming to Charlton I see 8 mill euros mentioned , just because he played does not mean he not signing just means might not be tomorrow

Had to look twice at one of their posters names...@coli142

I was expecting someone to add a "merci Coli" to all his posts!! :wink:
  • Don't get the criticism regarding the CB position. Do you not think they realise it needs addressing? Do you not think they are trying to address it? Should we just get Johnson back because we are desperate? There is nothing to say that the French bloke won't sign, maybe negotiations are continuing. Let's not panic just yet eh. There is still the possibility of signing someone like Dunk, bid still on the table I've been told. If not, then on to the next target and I'd rather wait and get someone decent who improves the team rather than panic and sign someone like Johnson who clearly wasn't quite up to it.

Agree, back in May they didn't know it how long it would take. They couldn't offer Johnson a new deal just in case it took a while to sign a couple of new CBs. Ben Haim did well for us but if he didn't want to stay that wasn't an option.

On Dunk Brighton are said to have rejected a £4m bid from Fulham - http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33644126
  • Sponsored links:

• Forget Dunk then as 4m is way ott. Better value to be had abroad.
  • Interesting to read the Nancy view of us looking at Lenglet. Look in the transfer window section:

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://forum.asnl.net/&prev=search
    "Charlton English = money = = minimum offer € 8 million for Lenglet"

Some great quotes about us on that site;

"Charlton, the club of some alou DIARA"
  • colin1961 said:

We have a 34 year old filling in at centre back 2 weeks before the season starts which is bordering on farcical when you consider how long we have had to do something about it. Regardless of the work done elsewhere on the squad.

Makes Bikey being frozen out, and Johnson and Ben Haim being let go seem bizarre.

Not to mention Dervite and Morrison.
    Dervite was offered 3 year deal which he agreed to but then got a double your money offer from Bolton
    Morrison asked to leave to get playing time
    He'd be getting loads if he'd stayed !
  • At least the club is not panicking and signing CB's for the sake of it and are trying to sign the right player(s), if not today sure 2 will be signed within a couple of weeks
  • James Henry in the Wolves squad today.

I can't see us signing established first team regulars from other championship clubs; they cost too much cash

Disappointing
  • I have thought from the outset that we wouldn't sign Henry. I still think that.
  • dickplumb said:

I have thought from the outset that we wouldn't sign Henry. I still think that.

This year's Chris O'Grady, albeit Henry is much better
  • So whoever comes in, it leaves us needing 2 x CBs (one of which can cover right back as well) and another winger.

Winger isn't as critical as there is a chance Bergdich may play left mid in front of Fox I reckon. But the CBs need to come in before the Bolton game.
  • Sponsored links:

• So whoever comes in, it leaves us needing 2 x CBs (one of which can cover right back as well) and another winger.

Winger isn't as critical as there is a chance Bergdich may play left mid in front of Fox I reckon. But the CBs need to come in before the Bolton game.

To be honest if Bikey is not part of the plans then we probably need three CB's to replace Bikey, TBH, Gomez & Johnson.
  • se9addick said:

So whoever comes in, it leaves us needing 2 x CBs (one of which can cover right back as well) and another winger.

To be honest if Bikey is not part of the plans then we probably need three CB's to replace Bikey, TBH, Gomez & Johnson.
    With Diarra seemingly thought of as a centre back now I can only see it being 2.
  • Talal said:

se9addick said:

So whoever comes in, it leaves us needing 2 x CBs (one of which can cover right back as well) and another winger.

With Diarra seemingly thought of as a centre back now I can only see it being 2.
    Ah yeah, you're right - forgot about Diarra
  • se9addick said:

I can't see any potential signings wandering around but how beautiful does our stadium look today ! Great to be back

Are you sitting in my seat...?
  • se9addick said:

I can't see any potential signings wandering around but how beautiful does our stadium look today ! Great to be back

SIDDARN!

• wmcf123 said:

James Henry in the Wolves squad today.

I can't see us signing established first team regulars from other championship clubs; they cost too much cash
    He's not, he's seen as a squad player not a main player
  • dickplumb said:

I have thought from the outset that we wouldn't sign Henry. I still think that.

I wouldn't give this one up just yet....

• Fanny you tease (not said that for a while).

Tell us more...
  • Chrispy51 said:

A new signing (I don't know who-but assume it's this centre back Lenglet) is expected to be unveiled at the friendly tomorrow

I could not make the game, who was the new player?:-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!