Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Pretty sure Cawley said we're
    Trying to get a deal done
  • "There isn't a move imminent although Charlton have made an inquiry, although no more than that," Kenny Jackett
  • Think Cawleys pissing in the wind along with the rest of us.. no-ones a scooby. Cards kept close to chest until very late on mostly this transfer window
  • Sponsored links:

• Latest 'almost signee' Kashi was on no ones' radar, who knows? I am sure that they are busy doing what they can in getting new bodies in, prepare to be surprised (under/overwhelmingly)
  • Anyone elsenoticed that fc Metz manager is Jose Riga. Is this club another one of Rolands.
  • Nobody suggested that Cousins and/or JBG could be signing new contracts?
  • edited July 2015
    "Rumour in Sint-Truiden is that Cristian Cellabos is close to signing after being released by Spurs."

Posted on Into The Valley. He's a 22 year old attacking midfielder/striker. Played for Barcelona as a youngster.
  • Scoham said:

"Rumour in Sint-Truiden is that Cristian Cellabos is close to signing after being released by Spurs."

Posted on Into The Valley. He's a 22 year old attacking midfielder/striker. Played for Barcelona as a youngster.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=act0RUfs-u4

One for the future?
  • Well at 22, he should be ready for the Championship if he is ever going to be. That's older than Cousins.
  • So according to a post on Facebook and then repeated on this forum Wednesday is the new Thursday. Not holding my breath.
  • WSS said:

"There isn't a move imminent although Charlton have made an inquiry, although no more than that," Kenny Jackett

Inquiry or Enquiry?
  • edited July 2015
    I believe the 'tour' may have been a bit of an eye opener and personally expect a busy next couple of weeks incoming wise, hoping a CB lb winger and striker comes in.
    Hopefully we get the James Henry deal over the line before the West Ham game
  • We need two centre backs, cover for right back, a new left back, two wingers (can't expect JBG to play every single minute and harriott isn't adequate cover for whoever we get in on the left), a creative midfielder if Moussa is a write off which by all accounts is looking increasingly likely and possibly another striker as I think grant could do with a loan spell.

The next two weeks will be interesting, well I hope anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• WS_Addick said:

We need two centre backs, cover for right back, a new left back, two wingers (can't expect JBG to play every single minute and harriott isn't adequate cover for whoever we get in on the left), a creative midfielder if Moussa is a write off which by all accounts is looking increasingly likely and possibly another striker as I think grant could do with a loan spell.

A couple of those can double up ie a centre back that can cover right back, a winger that can be effective in a central creative position.
  • WS_Addick said:

We need two centre backs, cover for right back, a new left back, two wingers (can't expect JBG to play every single minute and harriott isn't adequate cover for whoever we get in on the left), a creative midfielder if Moussa is a write off which by all accounts is looking increasingly likely and possibly another striker as I think grant could do with a loan spell.

That's 8 & Meire/Luzon, said we wanted 4/5, before Kashi came in. So 3/4 due.
  • Josh Staunton looked to be good enough to cover at right back from his performance at Dulwich yesterday
  • Crusty54 said:

Josh Staunton looked to be good enough to cover at right back from his performance at Dulwich yesterday

I'd be happy with the likes of him Aribo Ceballos Sinclair and Bergdich to bolster the squad if we get two marquee signings, power striker and CB.

• Crusty54 said:

Josh Staunton looked to be good enough to cover at right back from his performance at Dulwich yesterday

Is Staunton on trial or is he an academy player
  • Crusty54 said:

Is Staunton on trial or is he an academy player
    19 year old released by Gillingham.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/romeo-heads-gills-exit-list-34336/

A couple of positive comments from fans under the article though.

"From what I saw of Staunton he is definitely one for the future, but Romeo and McKain were not really near the first team."

"Josh Staunton- haven't seen a natural leader like him at such a young age for a long time. Real talent on the ball, very composed central defender who is always looking to pass ball and pretty good in the air. Again been on fringes and been on the bench, showed real promise."
  • Not that he has signed yet but a fair few Wolves fans seem quite upset that Henry may be leaving, promising.
  • Staunton might have some promise, but I find it unlikely that someone released by Gillingham would be anywhere near ready to play in the Championship. I imagine he'd be a punt for the U21s.
  • WS_Addick said:

That's 8 & Meire/Luzon, said we wanted 4/5, before Kashi came in. So 3/4 due.
    Then we are going to be in the same situation as last year when injuries and suspensions inevitably happen. Despite saying they have learned lessons, they are showing it.
  • WS_Addick said:

This is bang on what we need....alot more work to do between now and the end of Aug.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!