Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Bergdich was arrested for beating up his wife earlier this year apparently
  • PL54 said:

se9addick said:

Like I said, I'm pretty sure he was with the players when they came off the coach at St Truiden. Must have travelled back with them - they spent Saturday evening in Brussells after the game then travelled back on Sunday.

Honda or Bergdich ?
    Bergdich
    Is he any good ?
    He didn't play as he was with the squad but hadn't signed. The plan was I think, that he would bond with players and return with them to England to sign.
  • PL54 said:

se9addick said:

Like I said, I'm pretty sure he was with the players when they came off the coach at St Truiden. Must have travelled back with them - they spent Saturday evening in Brussells after the game then travelled back on Sunday.

Honda or Bergdich ?
    Bergdich
    Is he any good ?
    He didn't play as he was with the squad but hadn't signed. The plan was I think, that he would bond with players and return with them to England to sign.
    But is he any good? I've never heard of him but that is an irrelevance as I don't pay attention to football outside of Charlton and even then that's hit and miss
  • To be honest, as we are signing players most of us haven't heard off, we wont know how good they are until we see them play. We have to hope they are good. I think I gathered from talking to people who were talking to people who spoke with KM on Friday etc... on the Belgium trip that we have got players coming in and there should be a 'big' signing this week. What 'big ' means I can't say but I am hoping it all becomes clear before Friday!!
  • Keisuke Honda is well above anything we could hope for.

...but he did come up on Wikipedia as per my post... It then was removed around 2-3 minutes after I first saw it.

• THEMCA said:

Thanks Colin.
  • THEMCA said:

News to me....

:wink:
  • edited July 2015
    Talal said:

THEMCA said:

where does that come in the list of misdemeanours, from dogging (Colymore), roasting (C Cole), rape (Evans) or manslaugter (L Hughes)
  • So with Kashi signing, Henry and Bergdich meant to be close and a 'big' signing close. Could they mark the end of our business this summer? Before Kashi signing Luzon said he expect 4/5 players to sign, that's 4 there, and Ceballos has been linked, making it 5. Bar possible loans closer to the start of the season it looks like that might be it.
  • Sponsored links:

• So with Kashi signing, Henry and Bergdich meant to be close and a 'big' signing close. Could they mark the end of our business this summer? Before Kashi signing Luzon said he expect 4/5 players to sign, that's 4 there, and Ceballos has been linked, making it 5. Bar possible loans closer to the start of the season it looks like that might be it.

Henry?

Henry?

James. Or Thierry.
  • Talal said:

So with Kashi signing, Henry and Bergdich meant to be close and a 'big' signing close. Could they mark the end of our business this summer? Before Kashi signing Luzon said he expect 4/5 players to sign, that's 4 there, and Ceballos has been linked, making it 5. Bar possible loans closer to the start of the season it looks like that might be it.

Henry?

James. Or Thierry.
    The new Thierry Henry Sky advert winds me up chronic. He's such a tosser
  • Hopefully get some of these signings through the door before Saturday. See what they are like up against Poyet and Co
  • Is West Ham this Saturday?
  • edited July 2015
    seth plum said:

We seem to be linked with a lot of midfield players, which of course we will need at least four of to fill the hole left by Lepoint. But our real need is a goalkeeper or two now we have appointed a goalkeeping coach.

I see the kids in Belgium had a keeper came on sub at LB. Perhaps we plan to use some of our senior keepers as outfield and play rush goalie.
  • This last week is the most cynical I've been towards Roland and his "master plan." Even this talk of a big signing is leaving me relatively Unenthused.
  • It doesnt really feel like any of the JG money has been spent yet. Perhaps this 'big' signing will tuck into some of that. Either that or we're signing Paddy Kenny
  • Addicted said:

It doesnt really feel like any of the JG money has been spent yet. Perhaps this 'big' signing will tuck into some of that. Either that or we're signing Paddy Kenny

It depends how much we got for Gomez but we've spent money on Ba, Bauer and Kashi so far. I expect summer signings to follow that route, i.e. smaller fees in the hope they pay off. Time will tell but I'm not expecting a 'big' signing fee wise. James Henry will probably be the biggest single outlay if we sign him.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am interested in this 'big' signing. Mainly interested in on whose opinion is it that it's a 'big' signing
  • Dizzle said:

I am interested in this 'big' signing. Mainly interested in on whose opinion is it that it's a 'big' signing

the original poster, a couple of pages ago

• PL54 said:

Is West Ham this Saturday?

Hope so, booked my train tickets!
  • Dizzle said:

I am interested in this 'big' signing. Mainly interested in on whose opinion is it that it's a 'big' signing

Ive heard its Jon Parkin
  • or Akinfenwa !
  • edited July 2015

Remember the 2009/2010 season when we signed Akpo Sodje, Alan McCormack and Gary Doherty in one bloody summer? Now that WAS exciting - what a time to be alive. Those players had the red of Charlton coursing through their veins. They were proper Charlton.

That would be the summer of 2010, ahead of 2010/11, I think. When we also signed Johnnie Jackson (and Simon Francis, admittedly). Whatever happened to him?
  • Big MC wont cost us £3m fact.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!