Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Barnes may be cover for Solly. A CB in on loan and a left winger
  • WS_Addick said:

WS_Addick said:

We need two centre backs, cover for right back, a new left back, two wingers (can't expect JBG to play every single minute and harriott isn't adequate cover for whoever we get in on the left), a creative midfielder if Moussa is a write off which by all accounts is looking increasingly likely and possibly another striker as I think grant could do with a loan spell.

The next two weeks will be interesting, well I hope anyway.

That's 8 & Meire/Luzon, said we wanted 4/5, before Kashi came in. So 3/4 due.
    Then we are going to be in the same situation as last year when injuries and suspensions inevitably happen. Despite saying they have learned lessons, they are showing it.
    Bit early to say that. We don't know exactly how many we'll bring in. We don't know if any u21s will make the step up. We might bring in more short term loans than we did last season when players are unavailable.
  • What is the latest on Moussa? Was he involved at all over the weekend ?
  • edited July 2015
    Scoham said:

WS_Addick said:

WS_Addick said:

We need two centre backs, cover for right back, a new left back, two wingers (can't expect JBG to play every single minute and harriott isn't adequate cover for whoever we get in on the left), a creative midfielder if Moussa is a write off which by all accounts is looking increasingly likely and possibly another striker as I think grant could do with a loan spell.

The next two weeks will be interesting, well I hope anyway.

That's 8 & Meire/Luzon, said we wanted 4/5, before Kashi came in. So 3/4 due.
    Then we are going to be in the same situation as last year when injuries and suspensions inevitably happen. Despite saying they have learned lessons, they are showing it.
    Bit early to say that. We don't know exactly how many we'll bring in. We don't know if any u21s will make the step up. We might bring in more short term loans than we did last season when players are unavailable.
    I was replying to a post assuming we will get only 3/4 more in, obviously we may get more, but we may also get less in. With wiggins, bikey and harriott being out of favour and maybe on the way out, solly and Moussa with dodgy knees, igors Achilles we need more than 3/4 in as atm I can't see any youth players capable of playing in the championship bar KAG (?) and THD
  • Just got back from Belgium. The only useful thing from the ST Truiden game was the confirmation that the youngsters playing are not ready yet. Strangely enough I still enjoyed the weekend. The beer is good there as are the chips. Was talk apparently from the horses mouth of a few signings for this week including a big one!!!!

6' 8"?

I thought we learnt that the youngsters were not up to it at Welling. I really don't understand the approach of playing a half of a game with just under 21/18s. They look out of their depth. I would have thought playing them with senior players around them would be much more useful in their development and seeing who can really step up to the next level.
  • Just got back from Belgium. The only useful thing from the ST Truiden game was the confirmation that the youngsters playing are not ready yet.

You needn't have gone all the way to Belgium to find that out.....just a trip to Welling last week would have done.

• Ben18 said:

Good to see some of our fans give the younger players all of 45 minutes at the beginning of July to prove their worth.

you would say that "coach"
    Careful, he's got a gun.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good to see some of our fans give the younger players all of 45 minutes at the beginning of July to prove their worth.

From what I have read people have simply said playing an entire team of youngsters against a team of senior pros 1 week from the start of their season seems a little daft. No one has actually written any of them off.
  • On twitter says Norwich and Watford are also interested in Bergdich.
  • colin1961 said:

Well he is arriving at Ebbsfleet this morning with his agent ....

Nice scoop, Colin!
  • colin1961 said:

Well he is arriving at Ebbsfleet this morning with his agent ....

As said every journalist, that could be bothered to cover it, last week.
  • Wow just heard who we are in talks with today ... Really hope it comes off
  • CH4RLTON said:

Wow just heard who we are in talks with today ... Really hope it comes off

Any hints ;)
  • CH4RLTON said:

A new catering company?
  • So it's someone we've heard of then?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2015
    CH4RLTON said:

Ticketmaster to run the on-line ticketing system?
  • Ceballos from Tottenham is being heavily linked with Charlton. #cafc

— Live Football League (@CapturedFL72) July 19, 2015
  • @JohnBoyUK whats Ceballos like? i'm guessing good technically with a bit of creativity?
  • CH4RLTON said:

Is it Honda?

New signing?

Rumours are rife that Honda has been spotted at the Sparrows Lane training complex, home of Charlton Athletic. Honda previously said of Guy Luzon 'I would love to play under him, he is a winner... he must be, have you seen his wife?'

Honda hopes to sign for Charlton Athletic before they play QPR.

• Ah no way... it's been deleted in the last couple of minutes, it must be true.
  • edited July 2015
    Keisuke Honda? Not a chance.

I'll get something stupid, inked somewhere really stupid if we sign him.
  • What the heck is going on with this thread? I'm totally confused!
  • edited July 2015
    CH4RLTON said:

James McClean!
  • Paul McShane?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!