Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• cabbles said:

Think cousins could be seen as a box to box midfielder, especially if we play 5 in midfield.

I would like to see this. Cousins has had to spend most of his time out on that bloody wing last season, prior and post that we have seen him assume defensive responsibilities in the centre of the middle. He's scored a couple of goals so maybe there's a role in advanced position for him. The only thing I don't think he has and what we do need is a Claus Jensen/Andy Reid capability. If we could get someone with that ability to pick a pass I think it could massively benefit Igor as well.

Another Claus Jensen. If only...
  • cabbles said:

Think cousins could be seen as a box to box midfielder, especially if we play 5 in midfield.

I would like to see this. Cousins has had to spend most of his time out on that bloody wing last season, prior and post that we have seen him assume defensive responsibilities in the centre of the middle. He's scored a couple of goals so maybe there's a role in advanced position for him. The only thing I don't think he has and what we do need is a Claus Jensen/Andy Reid capability. If we could get someone with that ability to pick a pass I think it could massively benefit Igor as well.

Another Claus Jensen. If only...
    What's happened to Andy Reid?
  • Jose Riga is manager of Metz.
  • Valley11 said:

Or Villa now really want Cousins

They've got £40m to spend!
  • Valley11 said:

May be the case now Delph has actually signed for Man City.
  • Valley11 said:

This. Most definitely. Villa will go all out for Cousins now and do you really think Roland will put up much of a fight, if any?

• Valley11 said:

This. Most definitely. Villa will go all out for Cousins now and do you really think Roland will put up much of a fight, if any?

But we are in a position knowing how much they have to spend, £10 million plus westwood done.
  • Laddick01 said:

You've got to love the positivity of some on here. Linked with Henry... must means Gudmundsson is going.
    Linked with a CDM, must mean we're replacing Cousins. I'm far from won over when it comes to the RD regime but give the guy some credit , he won't ship our players off first offer he gets...

So you're suggesting he will at the second offer.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

But we are in a position knowing how much they have to spend, £10 million plus westwood done.
    Some of our fans never learn...
  • edited July 2015
    colin1961 said:

That would be Cousins, Jackson, Ba, Diarra and Kashi who can all play defensive midfield.

Unless Diarra is going to be a centre back and Cousins used as more of a direct attacking threat?

Jackson not an option ... Diarra will
    Laddick01 said:

You've got to love the positivity of some on here. Linked with Henry... must means Gudmundsson is going.
    Linked with a CDM, must mean we're replacing Cousins. I'm far from won over when it comes to the RD regime but give the guy some credit , he won't ship our players off first offer he gets...

Strange the club said there had been no offers for any of our better players and have said Cousins is not for sale ..... So why all of a sudden everyone's panicking because Villa sold Delpth ... Charlton just need to do what they did when wolves made an enquiry for Gudmunsson give them a silly price if they pay it then so be it ....... More important point Cousins is not good enough for the prem
    When and where did the club say this? Also we were told that none of our first team players were for sale and Gomez went.

But I do agree with you for once regarding cousins.

• colin1961 said:

That would be Cousins, Jackson, Ba, Diarra and Kashi who can all play defensive midfield.

Unless Diarra is going to be a centre back and Cousins used as more of a direct attacking threat?

Jackson not an option ... Diarra will
    Oh Colin...
  • Agree with Colin, at present Cousins is NOT good enough for the prem. Massive mistake if they think Cousins is good enough to replace a England international, just my opinion.
  • About to announce a signing
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 48s48 seconds ago
    BREAKING | Before things get under way at Dulwich, we have some transfer news from you.... #cafc
  • Ahmed Kashi
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks Jose
  • Weird that it's been announced with a picture et al but that personal terms have not been agreed.
  • WSS said:

Weird that it's been announced with a picture et al but that personal terms have not been agreed.

Transfer to go through Monday , when I imagine Chris Parkes is back in his office! Maybe more to come on Monday I guess?
  • Sorry not up to date with thread. What position does our new signing play?
  • Sorry not up to date with thread. What position does our new signing play?

Defensive minded centre mid.
  • edited July 2015
    Trialist joe aribo has just scored against dulwich attacking midfielder I believe!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!