Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Henry is very decent .. but of course as an ex Spanner, many on here would rather we got relegated than sign him
  • Someone's been playing on Bergdich's wiki.....

Zakarya Bergdich (Arabic: زكرياء برݣديش‎ born 7 January 1989) is a Moroccan footballer who plays for Italian club Genoa on loan from Real Valladolid as a left back.he has recently joined Charlton on a 5 year contract. He also said it has always been his dream to play for the addicks since watching the greatest game in football where Charlton beat Sunderland at Wembley to claim their place in the premiership

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zakarya_Bergdich

Go on, own up - you did it.
  • Macronate said:

worried we're going to have too many players soon.

Think Bikey, Wiggins, Jacko and Harriott will all be gone by the end of August.
  • A James Henry YouTube video for you all...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnNPZ0CjQeE
  • Macronate said:

I can see Bikey, Wiggins and Harriott being gone, but not Jacko, what makes you think that?
  • edited July 2015

Macronate said:

I can see Bikey, Wiggins and Harriott being gone, but not Jacko, what makes you think that?
    I dont think it should be the case necessarily, but I see a lot of midfielders coming in (and younger ones at that). Bearing in mind Luzon seems to hold little sentiment for the players he inherited, it is a gut feel that a 33 year old Jacko may find himself without a role (on the pitch).
  • Defenders not needed, we're going to play a 0-9-1 formation next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• According to a Lens fan on Twitter, he's not physical at all, but a good passer. Described him as the link between the defensive midfielder and the attack, but not really a CAM.
  • Macronate said:

I dont think it should be the case necessarily, but I see a lot of midfielders coming in (and younger ones at that). Bearing in mind Luzon seems to hold little sentiment for the players he inherited, it is a gut feel that a 33 year old Jacko may find himself without a role (on the pitch).
    I think because of what happened between the club and fans when Yann left, I've got a feeling that KM doesnt want to see a repeat by selling Jackson, he's got a year (?) left on his Contract, so maybe they'll let it run down and go with the spin of... Jackson didnt want to sign a new deal based on what we offered etc...
  • We obviously want to move Wiggins on, but I don't sense a queue of clubs out there for his services. Presumably he wouldn't want to drop down to L1 (even if we paid him off),
  • We obviously want to move Wiggins on, but I don't sense a queue of clubs out there for his services. Presumably he wouldn't want to drop down to L1 (even if we paid him off),

Doubt he would pass a medical.
  • What a coup Honda would be

We could accord him a civic reception.
    ...and all that jazz.
  • What a coup Honda would be

We could accord him a civic reception.
    A prelude to his arrival?
  • The last thing this thread needs just as it's started to recover is a barrage of puns
  • edited July 2015
    I will definitely be there to welcome him at The Valley IF, and I know it is still a fairly big if, we sign him.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

Described him as the link between the defensive midfielder and the attack, but not really a CAM.

So a centre mid then?
    Was just going to, what in the old days we called a "Midfielder".

• 164 posts later and nothing of note, with my contribution 165...
  • I'm getting pissed off with signing/links to outfield players. Goalkeepers are the way forward.
  • A central attacking midfielder isn't too much of a worry if we have 2 decent wingers (JBG plus one other) and decent link up play between the two out of the three of Mak, Watt and Igor.
  • I'm getting pissed off with signing/links to outfield players. Goalkeepers are the way forward.

Especially when they kick the ball upfield.
  • Rumour diarrhoea all of a sudden.

Who's he play for, what position is he, does he pass the height test?
    Not sure about height, but he apparently runs all day long!
  • Can someone summarise exactly who it is we're supposedly signing ... Thanks

• Henry is very decent .. but of course as an ex Spanner, many on here would rather we got relegated than sign him

I'm pretty sure that we could manage both!.
  • _MrDick said:

Can someone summarise exactly who it is we're supposedly signing ... Thanks

Jeremy Goss
    Chris Malkin
    Mark Van Bommel
    Mateja Kezman
    Hayden Mullins
    Paul McShane
    Hopefully Ricky Otto makes this loan deal permanent too

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!