Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Not keen on the Bergdych left back. What happens if he is found guilty and he has to serve a jail term ? Not good for the team, not good for the image of the club. RD's favourite thing, a player that is undervalued for some reason and so cheaper but it is a gamble and that's not needed when we have some decent left backs at the club.
  • vff said:

Not keen on the Bergdych left back. What happens if he is found guilty and he has to serve a jail term ? Not good for the team, not good for the image of the club. RD's favourite thing, a player that is undervalued for some reason and so cheaper but it is a gamble and that's not needed when we have some decent left backs at the club.

He can also play left midfield, an area we are lacking, and is innocent until proven guilty. If you can get a player in that improves the squad, you don't say "no its OK we have a really good 18 year old and a great 16 year old ready to play in 4 years", you bring the player in, especially if your first choice is a crock
  • vff said:

Not keen on the Bergdych left back. What happens if he is found guilty and he has to serve a jail term ? Not good for the team, not good for the image of the club. RD's favourite thing, a player that is undervalued for some reason and so cheaper but it is a gamble and that's not needed when we have some decent left backs at the club.

Surely the case has been dropped or we wouldn't be considering this move ? Even putting aside the compelling moral argument it's insanity to pay money for a player who might be carted off to jail for a considerable length of time shortly.
  • While it is highly unlikely that all rumoured players will sign, it seems strange the abundance of central midfielders that we could potentially have but still be very thin on the wings. Is Luzon thinking about switching to a 5 man midfield?
  • While it is highly unlikely that all rumoured players will sign, it seems strange the abundance of central midfielders that we could potentially have but still be very thin on the wings. Is Luzon thinking about switching to a 5 man midfield?

Or a 433 to.incorporate our three strikers!

He could go 4-1-4-1 with the holding midfielder and the Big Mac as a target man.
  • We were linked with Nadir Ciftci at one point. Went to Celtic - maybe just as well http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33598091
  • Cyprien to sign for us then loaned to STVV? If we're paying a decent fee he'd be coming here to play wouldn't he?

http://www.butfootballclub.fr/1624184-rc-lens-mercato-cyprien-la-belgique-apres-charlton/
  • Scoham said:

Cyprien to sign for us then loaned to STVV? If we're paying a decent fee he'd be coming here to play wouldn't he?

http://www.butfootballclub.fr/1624184-rc-lens-mercato-cyprien-la-belgique-apres-charlton/

I'd be very surprised but you never know I guess, people won't be happy if we finally spend money and it's not for the player to play for us !
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc-west said:

We were linked with Nadir Ciftci at one point. Went to Celtic - maybe just as well http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33598091

Don't tell harveys gardener!
  • SLP saying Gudmundsson set to sign a new contract!!!!!!

With the excitement in your post, it feels too cruel to 'Thanks Colin' you.

It's very promising news though.
  • SLP saying Gudmundsson set to sign a new contract!!!!!!

Thanks Colin
  • edited July 2015
    Great News
  • Sponsored links:

• Halix said:

That near enough confirms that JBG is off then

As if by magic.
  • edited July 2015
    I see Martyn Waghornes joined Rangers, I may have had a Bobby Uwing Dallas shower event but I cant really remember him much, was he any good?
  • edited July 2015
    79 new posts overnight, I'm excited.

....and now I have read them....
  • Halix said:

I see Martyn Waghornes joined Rangers, I may have had a Bobby Uwing Dallas shower event but I cant really remember him much, was he any good?

Not really but he was very young and playing in a crap side for us back then.
  • Simonsen said:

Halix said:

Not really but he was very young and playing in a crap side for us back then.
    I would probably describe him as an English Simon Church - a hard worker who will never be prolific in front of goal (not in English leagues anyway!)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!