Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• If theres a buyer for Wiggins, I'm all for getting another one in and then letting him go. But surely at this moment in time, it would be better to concentrate on getting a RB, 2 CBs, a CM and a couple of wingers (maybe just the one if Henry comes in).
    Just saying wouldn't be a huge concern if we go into the season with Wiggins and Fox.

Yes, but if you can see an opportunity to improve the squad, in whatever position, then surely you take it ?
    Don't be ridiculous, you HAVE to rebuild in order of importance at the risk of missing out on other targets. That is why Henry hasn't signed yet because GL needs a defender before he signs a midfielder
  • edited July 2015
    Chrispy51 said:

If theres a buyer for Wiggins, I'm all for getting another one in and then letting him go. But surely at this moment in time, it would be better to concentrate on getting a RB, 2 CBs, a CM and a couple of wingers (maybe just the one if Henry comes in).
    Just saying wouldn't be a huge concern if we go into the season with Wiggins and Fox.

Yes, but if you can see an opportunity to improve the squad, in whatever position, then surely you take it ?
    Don't be ridiculous, you HAVE to rebuild in order of importance at the risk of missing out on other targets. That is why Henry hasn't signed yet because GL needs a defender before he signs a midfielder
    Are you serious ?

So you're saying if our priority is a centre half & we were offered the opportunity to sign Tony Watt and sell Simon Church, you wouldn't do the deal ?

Yes of course you need to prioritise, but you can't dismiss other opportunities, if they present themself.

By that, I mean an opportunity, to buy a better left back & sell Wiggins, at preferable fees.
  • JBG better not be going to Wolves as part of a Henry deal.
  • JBG better not be going to Wolves as part of a Henry deal.

What are you going to do about it if he his?
  • peter firmani was a good left back
  • Protest.
  • Chrispy51 said:

If theres a buyer for Wiggins, I'm all for getting another one in and then letting him go. But surely at this moment in time, it would be better to concentrate on getting a RB, 2 CBs, a CM and a couple of wingers (maybe just the one if Henry comes in).

Are you serious ?

So you're saying if our priority is a centre half & we were offered the opportunity to sign Tony Watt and sell Simon Church, you wouldn't do the deal ?

Yes of course you need to prioritise, but you can't dismiss other opportunities, if they present themself.

By that, I mean an opportunity, to buy a better left back & sell Wiggins, at preferable fees.
    Maybe this is why we are losing out on a lot of our targets.
  • I assume wages is why he is on his way. A smart management would put him in shop window by starting him. Expect to see him and Bikey training with kids though.

Are you serious?!?!?!?!

You put players 'in the shop window' if they are really good and you're trying to get a big sale. You don't play average centre backs that are woefully out of form or out of favour left backs during a league campaign just because you want to move them on!!!
  • The rumour was we were paying 500k for Henry. We wouldn't throw in Johann too.

If anything the 500k should be coming to us.
  • colin1961 said:

Wiggins is a sad story brilliant and most likely would have been our best left back ever at Charlton but injury as finished him at this level ... last season he struggled badly and don't think Charlton have any other options but to let him go .. Problem is who going to sign him he on decent wages most likely to much for most div one teams and then will he pass a medical ??

Still got 12 months left on his contract

Actually he has three years left. He signed a five year contract around the time we sold Kermorgant.
  • Sponsored links:

• We could get £2m plus Henry for JBG.
  • If theres a buyer for Wiggins, I'm all for getting another one in and then letting him go. But surely at this moment in time, it would be better to concentrate on getting a RB, 2 CBs, a CM and a couple of wingers (maybe just the one if Henry comes in).

yeah fair point and I agree. However, say RD limits Luzon to a certain number of players and wages etc. We then sign this LB and continue recruiting, and Luzon is told he can sign a new player when Wiggins is sold. We could then end up with 3 LB's and one RB, who will not be able to play every game.
    Certainly, if we can offload Wiggins or there is no pressure to sell to be able to sign the other necessities then I have no issue with it all .
  • markmc68 said:

Is this a left back debate or rumour debate.

Everyone is debating en mass, so in that case it's a.....

Group discussion
    Well done @CAFC Norfolk...keep it clean!
    Chrispy51 said:

Ridiculous premise and you really have to hope you aren't advising Roland.
  • cfgs said:

JBG is going nowhere FACT. Or he could be.

Thanks Colin
  • If JBG to Wolves is part of any deal, they can bugger right off. We need to keep him and Henry isn't THAT good, even with £2m thrown in.
  • edited July 2015
    @(null): Bergdich #pucela will be Monday in England to join Charlton Athletic: http://t.co/dayQ5XnAB6

El internacional marroquí Bergdich apura sus últimas horas en Valladolid, ya que el lunes se desplazará a Inglaterra junto a su representante para conocer los términos de su contrato con el Charlton Athletic y así poder jugar en la segunda división inglesa. Posteriormente regresará a Valladolid para trasladar la oferta a Carlos Suárez y valorar su salida, se rumorea que el Charlton Athletic podría ofrecer cerca de 300.000 euros para que Bergdich cambie de club, a parte de mantener la ficha al lateral izquierdo. La semana que viene será clave para la salida del marroquí del Real Valladolid.

If someone wants to translate it . But looks like the deal is for €300k
  • The Moroccan international Bergdich rushes their last hours in Valladolid, because Monday will travel to England with his representative to the terms of his contract with Charlton Athletic and be able to play in the English second division. Later he returned to Valladolid to transfer the offer to Carlos Suarez and assess their departure, Charlton Athletic rumored that could provide nearly 300,000 euros for Bergdich change of club, in addition to keep tab on the left side. Next week will be key to exit the Moroccan Real Valladolid.
  • JBG and James Henry both only have 12 months left on there contracts,any one else see something I dont
  • Sponsored links:

• JBG might go but it'll be for more than 500k even with Henry thrown in and he can do a lot better than Wolves
  • Chrispy51 said:

Are you serious ?

Whoosh
  • Inappropriate song for Birgdech - slap my bitch up...
  • Well, he was arrested for hospitalising his wife earlier this year and arrested by Italian police.

http://www.football-italia.net/64972/genoa-defender-bergdich-arrested
    If he is guilty we shouldnt go near the scumbag.
  • edited July 2015
    Ok, own up...who's been messing around on Wikipedia ?? Just looked up Bergdich and it shows his current team being Charlton !!!
  • The Moroccan international Bergdich rushes their last hours in Valladolid, because Monday will travel to England with his representative to the terms of his contract with Charlton Athletic and be able to play in the English second division. Later he returned to Valladolid to transfer the offer to Carlos Suarez and assess their departure, Charlton Athletic rumored that could provide nearly 300,000 euros for Bergdich change of club, in addition to keep tab on the left side. Next week will be key to exit the Moroccan Real Valladolid.

Fuck him. I'll go to a game when he leaves.
  • Lawrie Wilson on the bench for Bolton tonight. On trial.
  • edited July 2015
    colin1961 said:

JBG better not be going to Wolves as part of a Henry deal.

Wolves said they made an enquiry but got quoted a silly figure
    Good if that's true

Hahahah of course it's not
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!