Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• edited July 2015
    confirmation of Henry left out of Wolves squad from earlier in the thread.

http://mobile.wolves.co.uk/news/article/this-will-be-a-better-yardstick-for-me-2553350.aspx
  • bobcafc7 said:

I do like Fox and would be quite harsh to replace him but If we're going to improve then we probably need better , didn't realise Bergdich had played 11 games for morocco either ... Must have something about him.

Well, he was arrested for hospitalising his wife earlier this year and arrested by Italian police.

Morgan Fox you little scumbag.

:wink:
  • Dazzler21 said:

bobcafc7 said:

I do like Fox and would be quite harsh to replace him but If we're going to improve then we probably need better , didn't realise Bergdich had played 11 games for morocco either ... Must have something about him.

Well, he was arrested for hospitalising his wife earlier this year and arrested by Italian police.

Morgan Fox you little scumbag.

:wink:
    I saw him book that holiday lol
  • Henry would be a decent signing. Good long-term replacement for Jacko. Always rated him at Reading and Millwall. Hackett obviously likes him. Takes a good free-kick.
  • colin1961 said:

most likely would have been our best left back ever at Charlton

Good luck Col - I'd batten down the hatches if I were you ;)
  • Though that's a 'slight' exaggeration, Colin does have a point, before his injury I rated him as one of the best left backs out of the prem, and though nowadays he has his odd good game he simply isn't the same player anymore. I think THD could probably do with another season of guaranteed football out on loan. As for Fox I for one quite like him, and it'd be interesting to see who gets first choice between him and Bergdich.
  • Didn't Wiggins sign a 4 1/2 year contract recently? Thought it was a long one anyway
  • colin1961 said:

most likely would have been our best left back ever at Charlton

Good luck Col - I'd batten down the hatches if I were you ;)
    Colin be Trollin'
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Wiggins is a sad story brilliant and most likely would have been our best left back ever at Charlton but injury as finished him at this level ... last season he struggled badly and don't think Charlton have any other options but to let him go .. Problem is who going to sign him he on decent wages most likely to much for most div one teams and then will he pass a medical ??

Still got 12 months left on his contract

You need to pay someone to quality check your posts. Wiggins signed a 4 .5 year deal just after RD took over.

Perhaps the moderators could let you put your posts at a pending status until one of them checks them over and authorises them for release.
  • colin1961 said:

Wiggins is a sad story brilliant and most likely would have been our best left back ever at Charlton but injury as finished him at this level ... last season he struggled badly and don't think Charlton have any other options but to let him go .. Problem is who going to sign him he on decent wages most likely to much for most div one teams and then will he pass a medical ??

Allow me to simplify your post for you ...... he was a Powell purchase.
  • The best player ever to play left back for Charlton was Eddie Firmani imo.
    Ps I am not saying he was the best left back before I get a lot of stick.

You just said he was the best left back ever to play at Charlton.

No, he did not say that. Read the post again.

No he said he was the best player. Firmani wasn't a left back by trade so I assume he must have playes there at some point?
  • Ok, he was player to play at left back. My bad, sorry...

Eddie Firmani was the best player never to play at left back.

In the early 60's on his return to us he was still a good striker though.
  • It's time for the weekend...
  • Sponsored links:

Eddie Firmani was the best player never to play at left back.

In the early 60's on his return to us he was still a good striker though.
    Eddie Firmani made his Charlton League debut at left back. Look it up.
  • colin1961 said:

• If theres a buyer for Wiggins, I'm all for getting another one in and then letting him go. But surely at this moment in time, it would be better to concentrate on getting a RB, 2 CBs, a CM and a couple of wingers (maybe just the one if Henry comes in).
    Just saying wouldn't be a huge concern if we go into the season with Wiggins and Fox.
  • I assume wages is why he is on his way. A smart management would put him in shop window by starting him. Expect to see him and Bikey training with kids though.

• Is this a left back debate or rumour debate.
  • markmc68 said:

Is this a left back debate or rumour debate.

There is a rumour that we;re signing a new left back
  • edited July 2015
    markmc68 said:

Is this a left back debate or rumour debate.

Digression only occurs when there is a paucity of rumours, if we have a sudden plethora then all the chitchat will dissipate.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!