Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Good player, perhaps would mean putting JBG on the left though which isn't ideal.

Depends, with the signing of Makienok maybe we're
    Going to be playing a lot on the wing and crossing in as opposed to peeters preferred method of cutting in and shooting
    Or perhaps, rather than because we signed a tall stoker assume were gonna be aiming hopeful long balls to somewhere near his head maybe consider the possibility we needed a striker with a bit of physicality to match this league and one who can hold the ball us and bring other players into the game help us keep possession...

I very much doubt we will play too much "hoofball" although it will be nice to have that option as a plan C...

Would that be Carlton Coal?
    He's be for the unique coal-fired under-pitch heating system we've installed
  • edited July 2015

Good player, perhaps would mean putting JBG on the left though which isn't ideal.

Going to be playing a lot on the wing and crossing in as opposed to peeters preferred method of cutting in and shooting
    If it happened we'd definitely be putting more crosses in of course, I meant it's not ideal because it means JBG won't get the scoring opportunities he got last year.

Not exactly the best idea imo to move him to the left when he was so successful on the right last year.
  • Greenie said:

Good player, perhaps would mean putting JBG on the left though which isn't ideal.

Or perhaps, rather than because we signed a tall stoker assume were gonna be aiming hopeful long balls to somewhere near his head maybe consider the possibility we needed a striker with a bit of physicality to match this league and one who can hold the ball us and bring other players into the game help us keep possession...

I very much doubt we will play too much "hoofball" although it will be nice to have that option as a plan C...
    Hoofball is what we played when we had Yann.
    You really need to move on.
  • Unless Henry will play on the left and cut in - doing what JBG does on the right. Or unless the plan is to play Henry inside alongside Cousins? Or even move JBG inside alongside Cousins where I think he would thrive.
  • WS_Addick said:

cabbles said:

Predicted in 2007

Wow! If that's what we thought in 2007, that right there sums up the state of the English game. The only one involved with the England squad is Walcott, and he's nowhere near world class. I don't even think he's a top class premiership player. Not to be overly harsh but I would love to see the current equivalents. We can bookmark it and look back 8 years from now

If he wasn't really fast I don't even think he would cut it in the champ. He really isn't very good.
    I like Walcott but I saw than interview with him and he said he had never played football until he was 10 years old!
  • uie2 said:

WS_Addick said:

cabbles said:

Predicted in 2007

Wow! If that's what we thought in 2007, that right there sums up the state of the English game. The only one involved with the England squad is Walcott, and he's nowhere near world class. I don't even think he's a top class premiership player. Not to be overly harsh but I would love to see the current equivalents. We can bookmark it and look back 8 years from now

If he wasn't really fast I don't even think he would cut it in the champ. He really isn't very good.
    I like Walcott but I saw than interview with him and he said he had never played football until he was 10 years old!
    Sorry rumours thread! Carry on!
  • Unless Henry will play on the left and cut in - doing what JBG does on the right. Or unless the plan is to play Henry inside alongside Cousins? Or even move JBG inside alongside Cousins where I think he would thrive.

JBG in the middle behind the strikers would be immense. With his technique, speed and direct approach he would be awesome behind the strikers

• Sponsored links:

• Fingers crossed. Is anyone following Henry's Twitter feed or stalking him in any way?
  • colin1961 said:

Charlton trying to get a deal done while their still in Belguim .... if successful might play tomorrow ???

No names available ...

Why do you always put multiple question marks in these ridiculous comments? It's not like any of us know the answers to your made up stories.
  • colin1961 said:

Charlton trying to get a deal done while their still in Belguim .... if successful might play tomorrow ???

No names available ...

How sure are you in this?
  • Addicted said:

colin1961 said:

Henry Winks anyone
    Spurs have offered him out on loan attacking mid

Im more of a fan of his brother, Forty
    Now THAT'S the standard we are looking for on here!
  • Addicted said:

colin1961 said:

Henry Winks anyone
    Spurs have offered him out on loan attacking mid

Im more of a fan of his brother, Forty

Nephew of Jarjar?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2015
    Swisdom said:

colin1961 said:

No names available ...

I heard "We might sign someone but we might not. If we do then he might play. But he might not. If we don't sign him it is unlikely he will play"

Could have legs in this one. (though it might not)

Oi leave Colin alone his info is so specific I can't think for the buzz, I am on due to our imminent (or not) signing that may (or may not) happen in Belgium (or England).
  • at least its a rumour

Is there no end to Henry's talents ?

The ONLY Lifer to receive a reply from the Club to his email , and now indications of his versatility on the pitch !

Life is SO unfair.

• Henry nearly 33. Is he what we need?

He's 26.
  • edited July 2015
    Wolves fan's response to the source of the Henry liknk to us on facebook:
    I wiped my arse once with the daily mirror and more shit came off the paper.
    Would love for it to be true though
  • It's very likely that we will sign Pirlo.
  • To be fair the journo actually works for the sun not the mirror.

@reluctantnicko: WOLVES. CHARLTON. Bit of a deal on to take James Henry to south London for about 500k. #sensible

@reluctantnicko: @James_Fielden The Sun now ... but thanks all the same ;-)
  • Karl Henry might be 33 but not James lol
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!